Adam's Post Match Excuses | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adam's Post Match Excuses

Jul 2, 2014
Bristol Rich":2nbh63q9 said:
Mdgreener":2nbh63q9 said:
Every time we get this thread (which is every time there is a run of bad results) and hundreds of us who have neither played in or managed a professional team start spouting off about the manager or the players as if we had some profound insight, I am reminded of the following:

“Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know.” - Lao Tzu

I don’t know if DA can turn things around, but I do know that I (and no one else here) has the understanding, experience and skill that is required to make that judgement.

If all the things that are “obvious” and “easy” to the posters here, were really so obvious and easy, they would be professional managers.

Of course, “we pays our money” to support the club and we all get to have opinions and express them. Let’s just not get too carried away with personal attacks.

The game I watched yesterday had everything that I want except the score line. The players put in a great shift and the team (collectively) looked to me to be starting to click more than they have in our prior 8 games. I have confidence that the DA and the players will turn the season around - but that is “just” my opinion.

Look we alll know Adams is the manager and we never have been. It's a nothing point.

I have never been the PM or the Leader or The Opposition but we are all entitled to ask questions and state if we think something is obvious.

I don't know if Mrs May can deliver Brexit so maybe you or I should have no opinion on that?

If we don't have the understanding or judgement to question Adams then by your logic you are in no position either to express confidence in him either.
Questioning Adams is absolutely fine. I don’t criticize anyone for that. It is the ad hominum, simplistic, emotional, personal attacks which crowd out the thoughtful insightful posts. As for opinions on Brexit, the same. Everyone should have opinions and express them. Just beware of simple solutions to difficult problems shouted with great emotion.

Jan 6, 2004
I agree that Saturday's performance was good and hopefully marks a turnaround, even if result did not reflect that. It is quite in order however to criticise a manager, be that with emotion or otherwise, when he has won 1 game in 16 and we have slipped from promotion hopefuls to relegation favourites in that time. "Ad hominum" sounds very clever, but we are talking about criticising a football manager not an idea so of course criticisms are ad hominum, how could they be otherwise?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wasn't the Wycombe first half 'something to build on'?

Wasn't the Coventry second half 'something to build on'?

Wasn't Rovers away 'something to build on'?

Sorry but I'll believe it when I see it. We need results, little else matters.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":3342eafo said:
Wasn't the Wycombe first half 'something to build on'?

Wasn't the Coventry second half 'something to build on'?

Wasn't Rovers away 'something to build on'?

Sorry but I'll believe it when I see it. We need results, little else matters.

I thought last season was something to build on.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
To be fair I always thought it'd be a huge ask to improve on or even replicate last season, we came across a system that worked for a stretch, almost as Leicester did when they won the premier league. Last season served to raise hopes a bit too high in relation to the clubs budget, so in a way we're victims of our own success. However, I'll admit that I didn't think we'd be doing this poorly.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
We really should have built on last year's success and pushed on for PROMOTION.
Sadly our better players left and those recruited were poor replacements.

Aug 12, 2018
As expected I enjoyed the boxing at Wembley more than the football. In fact I enjoyed the Nandos at Wembley more than both tbh. Got a pitch side (corner flag) seat for £80 with a face value of £150 thanks to the ☔️

May 8, 2011
samjones":2gid2xw4 said:

Strange conclusion to make when only 2 of our players who were regular first team starters decided to leave.

There was probably less unheaval in first team starters this summer than we had for years.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
HC Green":38xy4e7c said:
samjones":38xy4e7c said:

Strange conclusion to make when only 2 of our players who were regular first team starters decided to leave.

There was probably less unheaval in first team starters this summer than we had for years.

That has to be funniest post I've read in ages.
4 of the back 5 that regularly started during our good spell from December to April left the club at the end of the season (Matthews, Threlkeld, Vyner Bradley) but somehow that's less upheaval than in years?!

Oct 31, 2015
up_the_line":2l1v43ot said:
HC Green":2l1v43ot said:
samjones":2l1v43ot said:

That has to be funniest post I've read in ages.
4 of the back 5 that regularly started during our good spell from December to April left the club at the end of the season (Matthews, Threlkeld, Vyner Bradley) but somehow that's less upheaval than in years?!

Add in Fox, Taylor and Lameiras not starting regularly who were all pivotal during the run but still not a lot of upheaval :)

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I don't know about upheavel but there certainly needs to be plenty of offloading of deadwood starting with the back 4 that were all brought in by DA