A question.. (Peter Reid video) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A question.. (Peter Reid video)

Oct 10, 2012
Paid the heating bill for the club? Sold his FA Cup medal to help the club stay alive. Very nice man IMO.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Steve.PAFC2012":1w2k45gm said:
soccerpilgrim":1w2k45gm said:
Not a very nice man and a crap manager. I'd genuinely have Carl every day of the week.
Justify that.

I understand my opinion is not a popular one but I posted because of a personal experience ONLY. However, I also feel paying bills doesn't make him a "nice man", it was a "money" gesture.

Oct 10, 2012
soccerpilgrim":2w5nxjrd said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2w5nxjrd said:
soccerpilgrim":2w5nxjrd said:
Not a very nice man and a crap manager. I'd genuinely have Carl every day of the week.
Justify that.

I understand my opinion is not a popular one but I posted because of a personal experience ONLY. However, I also feel paying bills doesn't make him a "nice man", it was a "money" gesture.

In fairness, you should have said that before hand. Fully entitled to your opinion though.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
soccerpilgrim":2vsblx2g said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2vsblx2g said:
soccerpilgrim":2vsblx2g said:
Justify that.

From my personal experience he was a very nice man, each to their own I suppose.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Steve.PAFC2012":zehyhe45 said:
soccerpilgrim":zehyhe45 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":zehyhe45 said:
soccerpilgrim":zehyhe45 said:
Justify that.

From my personal experience he was a very nice man, each to their own I suppose.
He was a nice man, always had time, he even replied to an email I sent to the club,

For what it's worth Fletcher is also a nice guy, that's why I hate it when the abuse gets personal

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
green eyed monster":2w9qprvi said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2w9qprvi said:
soccerpilgrim":2w9qprvi said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2w9qprvi said:
soccerpilgrim":2w9qprvi said:
Justify that.

He was a nice man, always had time, he even replied to an email I sent to the club,

For what it's worth Fletcher is also a nice guy, that's why I hate it when the abuse gets personal

:iagree:

In my case, I could've just caught Reidy on a bad day and regardless, I cannot agree more with what you said.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
soccerpilgrim":36gaf3a4 said:
green eyed monster":36gaf3a4 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":36gaf3a4 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":36gaf3a4 said:
Justify that.

:iagree:

In my case, I could've just caught Reidy on a bad day and regardless, I cannot agree more with what you said.
To be fair he couldn't of had many good days with the whole saga going on around him.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Steve.PAFC2012":34ddojlp said:
soccerpilgrim":34ddojlp said:
I could've just caught Reidy on a bad day and regardless, I cannot agree more with what you said.
To be fair he couldn't of had many good days with the whole saga going on around him.

Yeah, true! My general opinion is that I appreciate him sticking through it but, looking back, he was never going to be a promotion-chasing manager.

Jan 27, 2012
Impossible to judge him at Argyle. He didn't stand a chance as it was complete chaos behind the scenes.

All I can say for certain is that his managerial record with Man City and Sunderland was very good.

He may have been an excellent manger given normal circumstances to work under. We will never really know.

Apr 3, 2010
soccerpilgrim":1nizcpf0 said:
He was working in impossible conditions, given the budget and squad CF has theres not a chance wed be in 20th ...

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think he did as bad of a job at Argyle as some will paint him as- the financial situation in 2010/11 would have shackled more or less any manager. Given better circumstances I think he'd have got that team into a play-off race and in that respect he was unlucky.

He did however lose the dressing room towards the end and with a lot of that squad still about, I'd say no. He did a decent job under trying circumstances but he had to go when he did. Better to have a new broom altogether.