A bit o catching up to do | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A bit o catching up to do

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I will vouch for Mark - he's always made it clear which players he rates above others and he's never (whilst he has wished them all well) named Lolos or Sangster.

Us and Exeter have different models. I prefer ours.
We're a better football club off the pitch and a better football team on it.

I don't care where they are from.

C

chrisrobin

Its a tough one, an established well run youth system costs a lot of money and takes time. It does however, provide a continual source of income once set up and can add significant resilience to the first team season to season, as well as much appreciation from the fans and loyal players. On the other hand, signing out of contract players for nothing that are good enough at this level can provide instant success for aspiring managers looking to progress in the game at little cost other than a known quantity in wages. It does however, mean that a single summer of bad recruitment and a few key players leaving from short term contracts (Threlkeld/Bradley) can lead from success one season to failure the next quite swiftly. Its about a balance of the two for me. A very interesting summer ahead! I know which of the two above DA fits into and it works really well for him! Until it doesn't of course.

Jun 22, 2015
Brewster was at a Plymouth Parkway game this season watching a 23 year old striker. Was quoted saying none of the young Argyle players are ready.

Hopefully Fletcher is going to prove him wrong.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
chrisrobin":vc3v2ach said:
Its a tough one, an established well run youth system costs a lot of money and takes time. It does however, provide a continual source of income once set up and can add significant resilience to the first team season to season, as well as much appreciation from the fans and loyal players. On the other hand, signing out of contract players for nothing that are good enough at this level can provide instant success for aspiring managers looking to progress in the game at little cost other than a known quantity in wages. It does however, mean that a single summer of bad recruitment and a few key players leaving from short term contracts (Threlkeld/Bradley) can lead from success one season to failure the next quite swiftly. Its about a balance of the two for me. A very interesting summer ahead! I know which of the two above DA fits into and it works really well for him! Until it doesn't of course.

To me, I'd much rather see money thrown at the Argyle Academy (which I'm proud to say this site does regularly) than pay any money for transfer fees.

It's our future, each and every Argyle fan should think this surely?

I'd love to sing 'He's one of own' again. The best match I've seem for years (apart from the Hartley v Pompey game obviously :greensmile: ) was the Hartlepool game when Harvey (2) and Rooney (2) scored. I was near Kevin Hodges that day, and the chap was near tears.