90 mins | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

90 mins

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Willis88":1qs3s98y said:
It's quite clear the other managers work out a tactic at HT which completely neutralises us.

Sticking to plan A is fine, but we need a plan B to go to when it happens.

That doesn`t make sense, as we always play the same way and every match has video coverage, why would the opposing manager wait until half time. I think it has more to do with our own half time talk and tactics.

Aug 27, 2019
Have followed most threads intermittently & watched a couple of games plus followed all others on commentary via radio.
To put this into perspective - when RL gets it right we are going to be unbeatable!
Played Lincoln off the park, had Ipswich on the run until DMs dismissal & have had the best of most others for 45 minutes.
Not too late (albeit unlikely now) to get into play offs.
Keep the faith friends - in RL we (I) trust!!

Jul 12, 2016
tawtongreen":23b0uvif said:
Have followed most threads intermittently & watched a couple of games plus followed all others on commentary via radio.
To put this into perspective - when RL gets it right we are going to be unbeatable!
Played Lincoln off the park, had Ipswich on the run until DMs dismissal & have had the best of most others for 45 minutes.
Not too late (albeit unlikely now) to get into play offs.
Keep the faith friends - in RL we (I) trust!!
He's had almost half a season to put it right. We will do well to stay in division 1.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Cobi Budge":1dsyma1h said:
I don't think it's an issue of fitness as some have suggested. If it were fitness, we'd see a more gradual decline in performance levels as the game goes on. That isn't the case. With us, it's as if a button gets pushed, we're excellent in the 44th minute and hopeless in the 46th minute, that can't be down to fitness. There's a deeper, psychological/mental block that seems to be at play, and it's why we're crying out for a leader or two.
You beat me to it Cobi. I've been involved with sport all my life and the difference between the winners and the also rans is mental resilience. In team games you need 'leaders' as you put it, those who can lift the more fragile players. I don't see that at the moment. I'm starting to wonder if we need perhaps Luke to get back in goal...not because he's better than Cooper but because he is mentally tough as old boots. Same with Sawyer...legs might have gone but his head hasn't.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Metal_Green_Mickey":2takxax6 said:
Yet again the same issue. The second half we just lose any control in the game.

Even Brian Mcglinchey sees it.

The only person who doesn’t or just thinks there isn’t a issue is Lowe. It’s baffling and frustrating.
"Even Brian McGlinchey sees it." I'm sure you didnt mean that to sound so patronising.

Mar 14, 2009
memory man":3tjo44zo said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3tjo44zo said:

The only person who doesn’t or just thinks there isn’t a issue is Lowe. It’s baffling and frustrating.
"Even Brian McGlinchey sees it." I'm sure you didnt mean that to sound so patronising.

No l didn’t.

The reason l said it like this is there is an ex professional football who’s not watching Argyle week in, week out but by seeing Argyle a few times he had noticed a pattern in the limited number of Argyle games at HP he has taken in when commentating for Radio Devon.

Unfortunately, sometimes people can read more into words than is really there without any context of emotion behind them in text form.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Any credit for Ryan Lowe and his clearly failing tactics after last night?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Biggs":24hlznrd said:

What was different last night, though? It was such a massively better second half performance to what we've become accustomed to but aside from a couple of starting position changes I'm not sure I could see any particular reason we played better. Have the payers suddenly, en masse, decided to implement Lowe's half-time tactics?!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yes exactly, I'm being mischievous but getting a full 90 minute performance probably isn't as easy or obvious a fix as it seems.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
warney":30l4ov4m said:
Biggs":30l4ov4m said:

What was different last night, though? It was such a massively better second half performance to what we've become accustomed to but aside from a couple of starting position changes I'm not sure I could see any particular reason we played better. Have the payers suddenly, en masse, decided to implement Lowe's half-time tactics?!

I think having an actual wing back on the left made a big difference, we looked a lot more balanced. Not to say Grant hasn't been doing well at lwb.

It seemed we had more urgency last night, quicker pressing and closing down, abit quicker moving the ball. 2nd half we didnt seem to drop as deep as normal, might of been the energy of Lewis and Edwards moving us up the pitch or it could be the change bringing Ennis on and the work rate he had, just seemed different to normal.

Not so much tactical really but maybe it was put across what was needed and the players did it.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I'm certainly impressed with how our wing backs get forward. Edwafds I particular seems to be in the opposition 6 yard box 3 or 4 times a game.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Metal_Green_Mickey":1iyomp85 said:
memory man":1iyomp85 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1iyomp85 said:

No l didn’t.

The reason l said it like this is there is an ex professional football who’s not watching Argyle week in, week out but by seeing Argyle a few times he had noticed a pattern in the limited number of Argyle games at HP he has taken in when commentating for Radio Devon.

Unfortunately, sometimes people can read more into words than is really there without any context of emotion behind them in text form.
That's fine. Because you used "even" it made it sound (to me) as if it was a surprise to you that he spotted it.