90 mins | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

90 mins

Mar 14, 2009
Yet again the same issue. The second half we just lose any control in the game.

Even Brian Mcglinchey sees it.

The only person who doesn’t or just thinks there isn’t a issue is Lowe. It’s baffling and frustrating.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
You don’t think he sees the pattern? :eh:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It's quite clear the other managers work out a tactic at HT which completely neutralises us.

Sticking to plan A is fine, but we need a plan B to go to when it happens.

Mar 14, 2009
Daz":i42rd8qk said:

No. I mean if he did surely he would change it second half? We just plough on regardless swapping player for player in the same position. Meanwhile, opposition teams tactically change shape and gain control.

Why would you witness something where your team was losing control of the game and just carry on only to keep lose winning positions in games?

Mar 4, 2004
Start like Champions finish like chumps I'm sad to say. Fitness maybe, just no gas in the tank at 60 mins.

Oct 5, 2013
Substitution of Hardie by Nouble was 10 mins too late, the impetus had gone completely away from us by then.
Hardie needs to contribute more to the play, he makes good runs but that alone isn't enough, he needs to increase his body strength because he's far too easily brushed off the ball and fails to gain possession, allowing promising attacks to turn into counter-attacks.
Same applied to Mayor's substitution by Lewis, 10 mins too late.
RL needs to learn to read which way the impetus is going, and respond to it better than he currently is.
Really frustrating to watch after a very good first half.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Metal_Green_Mickey":cph1ov3j said:
Daz":cph1ov3j said:

No. I mean if he did surely he would change it second half? We just plough on regardless swapping player for player in the same position. Meanwhile, opposition teams tactically change shape and gain control.

Why would you witness something where your team was losing control of the game and just carry on only to keep lose winning positions in games?

I’m no master tactician (unlike your good self), but I’m sure RL sees the issue and does make changes. What you aren’t taking in to account is that the opposition do the same.

If football was as easy as you make it sound (just change tactics) we’d never lose games.

In my opinion we are still letting in soft goals with mistakes from a sub par defence. Change that and results will improve. (Again not easy to do).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s almost as if being Plymouth Argyle manager is not as easy as it looks.

Mar 14, 2009
Daz":uq1clmdj said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":uq1clmdj said:
Daz":uq1clmdj said:

I’m no master tactician (unlike your good self), but I’m sure RL sees the issue and does make changes. What you aren’t taking in to account is that the opposition do the same.

If football was as easy as you make it sound (just change tactics) we’d never lose games.

In my opinion we are still letting in soft goals with mistakes from a sub par defence. Change that and results will improve. (Again not easy to do).

Who needs to be a master tactician. I have an opinion about what l see and it’s not like lm pointing this out after a handful of games. This has been going on for months now.

What’s the point of saying something on here if you don’t back up what you think the issue is?

You say its soft goals but look at the massive gaps these teams are exploiting. Yes you can point the fingers at the 3 at the back but look how much time and space the opposition are getting in the second half to find their forward players.

I’m just frustrated at witnessing the same thing in most league games now.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I’ve got no problem with your argument, you just make it sound really easy and like Ryan Lowe doesn’t see the issue.

I’m sure he does.

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
We are still holding our own though. If it is our only real issue (there might be lesser others :think: ) and we can sort it then we might just do something. Now’s the time to show some faith and support

Mar 14, 2009
Daz":3rw0ow57 said:
I’ve got no problem with your argument, you just make it sound really easy and like Ryan Lowe doesn’t see the issue.

I’m sure he does.

Again, l know what your saying but if he sees it and we see this for months on end and it’s costs the team points and has resulted in heavy defeats why would you not do something about it after it happening for months on end? That’s my argument really.

Mar 14, 2009
Wembury Pilgrim":1shmcozf said:
We are still holding our own though. If it is our only real issue (there might be lesser others :think: ) and we can sort it then we might just do something. Now’s the time to show some faith and support

I’m not calling for his head. In fact when we were losing badly l said we have to stick with him this season.

I’m just concerned at the “groundhog” situations we keep witnessing.

Apr 9, 2011
Yet again another match we could/should have had wrapped up by half time. First half we were great but ended up like headless chickens. Crewe a very street wise team who will probably be thereabouts come seasons end whenever that might be!