Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 am 

According to reports.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyles-oscar-threlkeld-poised-1563705

Post subject: Re: Threlkeld to PNE or Belgium?
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Just posted similar in 'Rumours' - must have crossed Jimsing.

I'll leave this here and delete mine.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 am 
Site Admin, Auction Winner and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

monkeywrench wrote:

Oops. Already moved.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am 

Balls - no compo if he moves overseas.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am 
Site Admin

PL2 3DQ wrote:
monkeywrench wrote:

Oops. Already moved.

Hahaha, I thought this was more credible than most, and as it's the summer.....

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:14 pm 

Adam_R wrote:

It certainly would be a Stella move for him!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:32 pm 

Shame if he Leffe for nothing.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

Adam_R wrote:

Anyone smell a rat, do Preston have links with this club.

Post subject: Oscar
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:05 pm 

Reports in Belgium suggest that top-flight side Waasland-Beveren are set to sign Plymouth Argyle’s Oscar Threlkeld.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ed-1563705

Not good news if true. We'll be recruiting at least one right back. I am guessing that he was probably offered a contract at the same time as Taylor and Sarcevic, which they have accepted.

Post subject: Re: Oscar
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:17 pm 

Certainly a player that I would have down in the list of ‘players I’d like to stay’ but if he goes it’s because he wants to leave. With that in mind I’m not to fussed. He’s replaceable.

The kicker would be him going abroad and not receiving any fee for him. Hopefully he leaves for a club in the Championship.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 pm 

Tugboat wrote:
Certainly a player that I would have down in the list of ‘players I’d like to stay’ but if he goes it’s because he wants to leave. With that in mind I’m not to fussed. He’s replaceable.

The kicker would be him going abroad and not receiving any fee for him. Hopefully he leaves for a club in the Championship.

As Taylor and Sarcevic both signed new contracts and Sarcevic tweeting that it was a no brainer, my take on Oscar not signing his contract is:
Either he is looking for a similar or better deal nearer home, or more controversially, Adams values Taylor and Sarcevic more highly and offered them more in the belief that he could replace Oscar more easily.
I suppose this could also apply to Bradley and Fox.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:15 pm 

HC Green wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

As Taylor and Sarcevic both signed new contracts and Sarcevic tweeting that it was a no brainer, my take on Oscar not signing his contract is:
Either he is looking for a similar or better deal nearer home, or more controversially, Adams values Taylor and Sarcevic more highly and offered them more in the belief that he could replace Oscar more easily.
I suppose this could also apply to Bradley and Fox.

Then in Adams we shall trust.

I’ve also got a niggly feeling that Oscar may be a bit of a cheeky Funtime character that could irritate Adams somewhat. May have a bearing factor on any offer put over.

Purely opinion, no hardened substance to above view obviously

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:33 pm 

I share your suspicion Tugboat. Nothing I've heard directly but DA just gives me the impression he feels Oscar is missing something. Whether that's heart, ability or desire I'm not sure but do get the feeling it's not a perfect relationship.
Very strange move if true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next