Crawley match day thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley match day thread

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
arrythewurzel":s1qckzxg said:
I watched the game on iplayer and that’s as good as an away performance you could possibly get. Outstanding display.

Feel sorry for Macfadzean as he had a terrific game . I shouted at the telly ‘don’t dive in’ but he didn’t hear me and 2 points were lost.

So deserved to win that.

Despite the two goals I thought the defence looked much much better. Need to be a bit cleverer seeing games out.

On to Saturday and feeling a lot more positive.
We gifted them 2 goals and despite all of our good play, we only scored 2 ourselves.

Was that really "as good an away performance as you could possibly get"?

We worked very hard to get in front then McFadzean needlessly makes a stupid challenge on a player who wants him to do just that.

Adams's team from last season did the same sort of thing all too often and were rightly criticised for being unprofessional because ultimately, it was a couple of crucial late goals that got us relegated.

Lowe's team were similarly guilty of throwing 2 points away tonight, because that is what they did.

Good sides manage games when they are in front, particularly away from home.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Yes, but coming on the back of three away defeats on the bounce, outplaying one of the surprise packages of this division, with their keeper being man of the match, can be classed as a good performance

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Crawley have only lost one game in the last seven, beating both Cheltenham and Salford in the process.
Let's not get too downhearted ffs!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Small steps.

I’d like to see Moore at RWB and Edwards moved back in centrally. The dilemma then is who to drop in midfield out of Mayor, Sarcevic and Baxter. My preference is moving mayor forward into a free role behind a lone striker in a 3-1-4-1-1 type formation with Taylor being the focal point.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
dazzy3000":3uc3exrc said:
Pettgreen":3uc3exrc said:
Am I the only one who is yet to be convinced by what Lowe is trying to do?

Implement an attacking philosophy?

I don’t need convincing one bit.

Remember this philosophy is new to half the squad. As time goes by and players get more confident we will take games to the opposition and it’ll click.

We just need a little more confidence at the back and a bit of luck up front. The exciting times will be when we score early and counter teams pushing forward.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and the play last night was more than encouraging, it was exciting and classy, :scarf:

Jul 12, 2016
My how our aspirations have dropped.Suddenly to get a point at the mighty Crawley is something to savour.I am still getting over the capitulation last season but on reflection imagine if we had stayed up how we would have fared against the likes of Portsmouth and Sunderland ?
Exeter now storming the division whilst our kamikaze defenders and misfiring forwards keep letting the side down. Granted we may have played well last night and we are a work in progress but it is sobering to think how far we have fallen.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oldage":pldpbs6u said:
My how our aspirations have dropped.Suddenly to get a point at the mighty Crawley is something to savour.I am still getting over the capitulation last season but on reflection imagine if we had stayed up how we would have fared against the likes of Portsmouth and Sunderland ?
Exeter now storming the division whilst our kamikaze defenders and misfiring forwards keep letting the side down. Granted we may have played well last night and we are a work in progress but it is sobering to think how far we have fallen.

:doh:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Ever the optimist Oldage. I have to be honest, when we arrived at Crawley I asked myself what had it come to turning up to a stadium like that with 1700 home fans.
I think you need to forget last season now. Sometimes it is necessary to take a step back to take two forwards. We look very close to clicking in to top gear judging by last night, we have a depth in our squad most others haven't and I feel we are still to see the best of Mayor, Baxter and Telford to name 3 plus of course the emergence of Aimson. I think we will make it over 46 games, it's a long season and we are better equipped than most. The snowball effect from a promotion even at this lowly level and an increased capacity and improved facilities could well see better times ahead.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am finding it intriguing to read the contrast in opinions of Up The Line and Oldage this season.
UTL seems to have a new spring in his step whereas Oldage seems to continue with his glass half empty.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
jerryatricjanner":1plf5m59 said:
Ever the optimist Oldage. I have to be honest, when we arrived at Crawley I asked myself what had it come to turning up to a stadium like that with 1700 home fans.
I think you need to forget last season now. Sometimes it is necessary to take a step back to take two forwards. We look very close to clicking in to top gear judging by last night, we have a depth in our squad most others haven't and I feel we are still to see the best of Mayor, Baxter and Telford to name 3 plus of course the emergence of Aimson. I think we will make it over 46 games, it's a long season and we are better equipped than most. The snowball effect from a promotion even at this lowly level and an increased capacity and improved facilities could well see better times ahead.

Well said jj. Must admit I thought I’d walked in to Kimberley Stadium at first last night lol. But it’s where we are and Crawley presented themselves as a well run, welcoming club so good luck to them.

If those patches of play we witnessed last night are signs of Lowe’s Argyle kicking in to gear we will be just fine. Still think we need to have more flexibility but there was perhaps a hint of that in the second half yesterday when we stepped up the pace and did more through midfield.

Aug 12, 2018
The worrying factor in the results downturn is that after 9 games we are 9 points behind Exeter F’ City.

We lose to Port Vale and three days later they beat Port Vale.

There next 6 games before we go to there are against 4 of the top 8. So it ain’t over yet :cool:

But worrying times with over 20% of the season gone :banghead:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
TruroTerry":25oeo5ln said:
The worrying factor in the results downturn is that after 9 games we are 9 points behind Exeter F’ City.

We lose to Port Vale and three days later they beat Port Vale.

There next 6 games before we go to there are against 4 of the top 8. So it ain’t over yet :cool:

But worrying times with over 20% of the season gone :banghead:

September and it’s worrying times?

Jul 12, 2016
davie nine":26ozeves said:
I am finding it intriguing to read the contrast in opinions of Up The Line and Oldage this season.
UTL seems to have a new spring in his step whereas Oldage seems to continue with his glass half empty.
Difficult to change old habits. Just keeping my feet on the ground and trying to put things into perspective

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":2ih6p2an said:
davie nine":2ih6p2an said:
Difficult to change old habits. Just keeping my feet on the ground and trying to put things into perspective
Hopefully, things are falling into place and we can all start to feel more optimistic.