Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
In a statement on Twitter, EFL said: “The EFL has noted the comments made by Darren Ferguson following his side's draw with Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, January 13 and his post-match remarks have been passed by PGMOL to The FA for consideration.

That was on Sunday. Unusual for the FA not to have come out with something by now.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
The FA have got to start showing some balls and back the referees, they come in for a lot of abuse more so now because of the widespread TV coverage.

Without the officials there would be no game (although I can see VAR being more and more involved) there are good and bad officials as long as they make honest decisions and learn by their mistakes as they have done for the last 200 years managers should at least in public accept the decision.

Perhaps a more suitable punishment would be to have Darren do a sufficient number of laps of Doncaster’s pitch in full kit for 90 minutes in front of a full stadium.

With Darren being a middle-aged man with an unspectacular playing record but a long-standing family interest in the game who is doubtless still in prime physical condition himself after his rigorous weekly touch-line exercise regime, I can’t think of a better person to demonstrate how a referee might keep up with play as a group of 18 to 30s alternately punt the ball from one eighteen-yard box to the other. The players may even get in some welcome shooting practice at the same time.

If he does get a pitchside ban, the game will still be playable without him.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Keepitgreen":92sxb9di said:
In a statement on Twitter, EFL said: “The EFL has noted the comments made by Darren Ferguson following his side's draw with Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, January 13 and his post-match remarks have been passed by PGMOL to The FA for consideration.

That was on Sunday. Unusual for the FA not to have come out with something by now.

Nothing will happen Bob!

His name is Ferguson and he'll get away with it.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I am sure the running news strip on SSN has just stated that he is to be charged. I think is was about 1730 when I saw it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ferguson has received just a £1000 fine and no touchline ban.

That's poor from the FA and no protection for their referee's.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":1khrxbas said:
Ferguson has received just a £1000 fine and no touchline ban.

That's poor from the FA and no protection for their referee's.

Incredible. With all the hassle and abuse that referees receive, why would anyone do the job in the first place?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£1000 fine for someone with his financial clout is pitiful.

What’s the point? It’s like me doing something utterly wrong at work and getting fined a £1.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Given his feedback was pretty similar to week in week out rate the ref criticisms, maybe fans should be more supportive of him and his view that the referee's are not fit enough or good enough ?

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Northernlightgreen":14tt53l6 said:
Given his feedback was pretty similar to week in week out rate the ref criticisms, maybe fans should be more supportive of him and his view that the referee's are not fit enough or good enough ?

Dont disagree with any of his analysis of refs.. my only objection was the "shoot them" comment.