Yann in court today | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Yann in court today

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":2rv9nkqq said:
Bubba":2rv9nkqq said:
Wrong Odders the police decide if an Awareness course is an option not the offender.

I've been on an awareness course, think I'll take the points next time.

Imagine a condescending Instructor, think of that Harry Enfield character:
'I am a trained police driver and I am considerably more experienced and better than you' :facepalm:

You may well face palm Pogleswoody, I can guarantee that 'condescending' police officer is a better driver than you, considering the intensive training that has to be done to become a police driver. Also the fact that you were attending the course because you were caught speeding appears to back up my statement.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
lilcol":1zdeqdk5 said:
Pogleswoody":1zdeqdk5 said:
Bubba":1zdeqdk5 said:
Wrong Odders the police decide if an Awareness course is an option not the offender.

'I am a trained police driver and I am considerably more experienced and better than you' :facepalm:

You may well face palm Pogleswoody, I can guarantee that 'condescending' police officer is a better driver than you, considering the intensive training that has to be done to become a police driver. Also the fact that you were attending the course because you were caught speeding appears to back up my statement.

Not always the case though. I had to attend one or take points as I was involved in an accident, so chose to attend the course & was more qualified than the "condescending instructor". once I had outlined the case as to why I was offered points or attend the course, he couldn't understand why I was on the course either. it wasn't that I was even fault for the accident. Who says its not a money making exercise? I was even offered a Job should I wish to pursue a different career path. :crazy:

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
The courses actually receive very good feedback. It all boils down to who delivers it really.

Those with preconceptions will never enjoy it, or take anything away from it. A number of those who are not happy are those that think they are above other drivers or above the law.

Feb 28, 2016
Daz":24mtehmi said:
Bermudian Green":24mtehmi said:
Ade the green":24mtehmi said:
If I remember correctly, after the events that saw Luke incarcerated, didn’t the wife of someone promenant at Argyle also have a RTA when drink was involved? Whilst not equating this to that it can be expected that we are looked at for this sort of thing with a “not another one” aspect. The club’s statement is absolutely the correct thing to do and it wasn’t as if Argyle made the statement without it being in the news first.

Maybe Argyle could or should make it part of our makeup to do the driver awareness course for all it’s players and staff. It’s a days seminar at most and might mean we can find a way to make a positive out of a negative press.

Wasn't it Paul Stapleton's wife? :thumbup:

No, that accident didn't involve drink.

I'm not sure there was one that involved drink at all.

The one that involved drink was Shane White, jumping before he was pushed after being done for drink driving wasn't involved in an accident but was pulled over for something else on driving out of Warner Village IIRC.

May 21, 2015
Pogleswoody":3vns5lwg said:
Bubba":3vns5lwg said:

His attitude may have sucked, but he was factually correct, seeing as you were on an awareness course and all...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
tandark":15rl32xi said:
Pogleswoody":15rl32xi said:
Bubba":15rl32xi said:

His attitude may have sucked, but he was factually correct, seeing as you were on an awareness course and all...

I never said that I was an :angel: nor did I say that he wasn't a better driver than me. The Harry Enfield character IS considerably richer than his brother-in-law, that doesn't grate, what does is the repetition and the attitude.
I don't think being on a speed awareness course means everyone is a bad driver tho'

I was caught doing 34 mph in a 30mph stretch near Chicklade at 3.45 a.m. Only car on the road. Just flown in from Egypt and was (literally) kacking myself so decided to cut through to the motorway services.
The only person I could have hurt was myself, the odd moth or a fox chewing a pheasant.

I live 'on the narrows' in Downtown BA, daily young lads roar thro' at 50mph, broken headlights, many chatting on their phones. Catch them! FFS!

I know and like a lot of policeman/women, I have a small selection in the family. Like most walks of life, the vast majority are fine, when I did the awareness course the guy was a t**t ... imho!! ;)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Argyle Nutter":2wmcfqr6 said:
lilcol":2wmcfqr6 said:
Pogleswoody":2wmcfqr6 said:
Bubba":2wmcfqr6 said:

Not always the case though. I had to attend one or take points as I was involved in an accident, so chose to attend the course & was more qualified than the "condescending instructor". once I had outlined the case as to why I was offered points or attend the course, he couldn't understand why I was on the course either. it wasn't that I was even fault for the accident. Who says its not a money making exercise? I was even offered a Job should I wish to pursue a different career path. :crazy:

What’s that I smell?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
MarkMatthews":35ptk4jt said:
Daz":35ptk4jt said:
Bermudian Green":35ptk4jt said:
Ade the green":35ptk4jt said:
If I remember correctly, after the events that saw Luke incarcerated, didn’t the wife of someone promenant at Argyle also have a RTA when drink was involved? Whilst not equating this to that it can be expected that we are looked at for this sort of thing with a “not another one” aspect. The club’s statement is absolutely the correct thing to do and it wasn’t as if Argyle made the statement without it being in the news first.

Maybe Argyle could or should make it part of our makeup to do the driver awareness course for all it’s players and staff. It’s a days seminar at most and might mean we can find a way to make a positive out of a negative press.

Wasn't it Paul Stapleton's wife? :thumbup:

No, that accident didn't involve drink.

I'm not sure there was one that involved drink at all.

The one that involved drink was Shane White, jumping before he was pushed after being done for drink driving wasn't involved in an accident but was pulled over for something else on driving out of Warner Village IIRC.

He was driving out of the Warner village one evening and forgot to switch on his lights. Someone reported this to the police who pulled him over and Shane was found to be over the drink driving limit....or so the story goes.

Apr 29, 2016
Bubba":42q0zevr said:

The police decide whether to offer a course and the guilty driver can decide on which option to take. I have been told that the criteria for offering the course is that you must be within 10% of the speed limit plus 9 miles an hour. Therefore if you are doing under 42 mph in a 30 limit you will be offered a course or under 86 in a 70 mph zone.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Ade the green":22y5awii said:
Argyle Nutter":22y5awii said:
lilcol":22y5awii said:
Pogleswoody":22y5awii said:
Bubba":22y5awii said:

What’s that I smell?

If you take yer head out of your arse you wont be able to smell it any more. "simples" :wave:

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I've attended two of these courses (some years apart--but no excuse for my poor driving) and found them very useful. The course groups divided into two types 1) I shouldn't be here, it's unfair, I know better than the instructors 2) I'm here--I may as well try and learn something. The first group were an unmitigated pain in the a**e.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Presto":11mgg1ze said:
Bubba":11mgg1ze said:

Correct the cops decide.

I seem to recall I was offered a course as an alternative to points and a fine---i.e there was a choice. Some years ago so it may have changed or my recollection is incorrect.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Old Gunner":5ceal3wp said:
Presto":5ceal3wp said:
Bubba":5ceal3wp said:

Correct the cops decide.

I seem to recall I was offered a course as an alternative to points and a fine---i.e there was a choice. Some years ago so it may have changed or my recollection is incorrect.

Its the Police who decide if you are initially offered it OG, its not something they allow the offender to decide. Once offered its then up to the offender to accept the course or take the points.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Bubba":3a4kq7t0 said:
Old Gunner":3a4kq7t0 said:
Presto":3a4kq7t0 said:
Bubba":3a4kq7t0 said:

Correct the cops decide.

Its the Police who decide if you are initially offered it OG, its not something they allow the offender to decide. Once offered its then up to the offender to accept the course or take the points.

Makes sense, ta!