Wombles match day thread & chat room | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wombles match day thread & chat room

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Deacster":fpq7n8ht said:
Surprised Blissett isn't getting a run as looked like he was hitting form and does offer that presence up top and allow JJ to slot in on the right. COYG

Blissett up top. Carey out left. Jervis on the right.

Simples!

(That is if we really must keep playing this 'counter-attacking' formation!)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Has to be ball played to fit for Jervis otherwise everything we cross in will be coming back.

Dec 3, 2005
Not only do we have a new goalkeeper but he also moves Songo'o out of the back four, a defence needs as much stability as possible. The defence looked better with Songo'o in there with Edwards.

What is the fasination of DA to play players 'out of position' i.e. Jervis in the middle, Carey out wide, Sawyer as right back.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Shades of Sheridan, who brought on Mellor to play centre forward ffs.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
djg145":3vq5t6eg said:
Not only do we have a new goalkeeper but he also moves Songo'o out of the back four, a defence needs as much stability as possible. The defence looked better with Songo'o in there with Edwards.

What is the fasination of DA to play players 'out of position' i.e. Jervis in the middle, Carey out wide, Sawyer as right back.

To show that 'Derek knows best', perhaps?

Feb 2, 2007
Bliss can’t be fully fit. No other explanation for his lack of match time.

Jervis is not a centre forward. Even if he scores a double hat trick today I won’t believe it.

COYG

Aug 5, 2016
Blissett simply isn't a good footballer. He might battle better than Jervis but you'd like to think JJ is better in a situation where an intelligent ball is placed behind the opposition's back line. More pace, better finisher.

Hopefully Argyle try and play some football and don't just hoof it. With Diagouraga and Carey you'd like to think we've got a bit more about us than the panic ball.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Looks more like a 4-1-2-3 to me with Fox or Songo’o playing just in front of the back 4

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Well at least DA has stuck the new loan goalie in goal. His team selections these days just wreak of DESPERATION.

The guy has lost the plot. Anyway my hopes are absolutely zero so a smash n grab win in the 90th minute will be fantastic.

Need to start winning games soon, draws even away are not going to be good enough

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
djg145":12su4j36 said:

Well it worked at Blackburn. Songo'o, Edwards and Bradley all played well.

As for Jervis, he did OK as well. The difference from Blissett is that Jervis was running the channels and creating space for Carey, Grant and Diagarouga to run in to. From that perspective it was different and I felt a better option. Would just have swapped Jervis earlier due to fatigue.

Criticism is fine, but it feels like people are looking for reasons to damn Adams - even when they aren't there.

Jul 29, 2010
Frank_Butcher":3av0bzf2 said:
Criticism is fine, but it feels like people are looking for reasons to damn Adams - even when they aren't there.
Sadly it has been like that for two or three weeks now.

Turning defeats into draws is the early sign of a steadying ship, but little or no credit is given to either him or the players. It needs a win perhaps to convince some that there are green shoots to be seen, but even then i suspect we'll only hear the words 'swallow and summer'.

Come on you greens :scarf: