Will Carey Stay? | Page 56 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will Carey Stay?

Where do you think GC10 will be in season 2017/2018?

• Argyle

Votes: 104 41.3%
  • Sheffield United

Votes: 73 29.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Sheffield Wednesday

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Bradford

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Norwich

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Cardiff

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Another club not mentioned above

Votes: 27 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lambanog

There is /was no doubt GC played a significant part this last season, however a player should never try to control his /our club, nor should he be allowed to. His silence Is deafening. He either wants to stay or he doesn't but excuse the language he must stop prostituting himself, as that's embarrassing. On the flip side of the coin, the fact that there is no movement news, could suggest he has had no other options, and will stay on with us. But do we really need such a self centred player who is possibly trying to control no matter how good he was in L2. Is he a team player ?

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I wasn't aware he was trying to control anything. Pre-season hasn't begun yet, players are still on their breaks, he has a contract offer on the table from Argyle, but he's just waiting to see if any other offers come in. He totally entitled to do that and I'm sure we've benefitted from signing players from other clubs who were waiting to see who was offering what.

And we've known about this for several months now, Adams and the Board are fully aware of the situation and undoubtely have contingency plans in place should GC10 decide to move elsewhere.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
Hope he stays,expect he'll go but this has dragged on so long that what I want more than anything is to know one way or the other. It would be possible to read War and Peace more quickly than this thread.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Why should GC, or anyone for that matter, worry about how long they take to decide on their next career move because PAFC supporters are getting impatient? Why does this mean he is acting like a prostitute ? This thread just gets more bizarre by the post.

Also, why should DA have to deny he expressed an interest in joining Aberdeen otherwise he must have been interested, complete tosh. And just because he is on holiday, making no public statements, he is leaving the club.....what an incredible leap to make.

Hopefully a few new signings and the start of pre-season training will calm everybody down.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Jul 29, 2010
Ade the green":103jo7uq said:
X Isle":103jo7uq said:
..the glass completely empty view was brought to you by Hamlet, the mild cigar from Benson & Hedges.

(CUE THE MUSIC...)

So because you think it might still happen you have to knock others opinions.

If we both took opposing views you'd accuse me of having my head buried in the sand. If you can't see the writings on the wall well.......

I'll tell you the worse case scenario, say he doesn't get the move he craves, will we then have a player that doesn't want to be here with a grudge and just going through the motions?

I've given reasons for thinking what I think whereas all you've given is your opinion.
Yep, in my opinion you are the sort of individual who would gaze out upon a Capability Brown landscape and complain about a fox turd half a mile in the distance.

You're LOOKING for the impending disaster so fervently that you're seeing things that aren't actually there. Carey will either stay or go, the thought that he'd resign here just to pick up a wage is just laughable, as is the thought he won't have any other offers to consider. But indulging the fantasy for a second If he wants out he will remain a free agent until he finds something suitable.

What made my eyes roll the most in your manifesto of doom though was the Derek Adams is plotting his departure too line. Who is signing all these players, on whose approval, who have Argyle lined up that is giving the green light to these players? And where is he going anyway, only Middlesbrough have a vacancy?

You have your opinions, I have mine. I apply logic to mine, it doesn't appear from this vantage point you do the same. From your posting history I feel it's fair to label you a glass half full sort and your post this morning just says to me you had a particularly bad nights sleep on top of that too.

There is no basis whatsoever to suppose our manager is leaving us on the eve of the season. It could happen, ultimately anything could happen, but there is no actual evidence apparent, you're looking for it, you're looking really hard for it, but it isn't there.

From your posting style I'd say that you are obtuse and set yourself against the majority position to make it seem like your a great thinker.

As for sleepless nights, on the contrary, as I'm working nights and have been for the last 2 weeks I stand a good chance of being sacked if I should succumb. I've not had any sleepless days except that I'm up 'early' today as it was my last night thanks.
Ah yes, nights, the very pinnacle of an environment for clear and rational thought :funny:

My posting style is for others to judge, I couldn't give a fig. What I have found though is that my steady eddie pragmatism, the logical 'middle way' has always put me at odds with both ends of the tint spectrum. To a merchant of doom I'm a green tint, to a green tint i'm a merchant of doom. T'was ever thus but I just stay the same.

Any hoots, i'm having a lovely walk on the north cornish coast. As much as i'm sure you'd rather I fell off I will be back to the holiday let later at which point I am entirely confident Argyle's universe will not have imploded.

If in the meantime you would like to furnish us all with the answer to the question I put to BG above then feel free.

Show me the logic....

Based on recent events. I myself have come to the belief that DA did in fact put himself forward for the Aberdeen job, only for that opportunity for him to return to manage in Scotland be denied by the Aberdeen manager deciding to stay put and the obvious beligerence of the Dons fans. I then believe his agent made a denial in fact to the relevant people but as yet, have you seen DA deny he was interested?

You please tell me, without saying he'd turn down more money to stay at Argyle because he likes it here (as this was poo poo'd by his daughter apparently not once but twice) and whilst you don't hold any truck with social media it has been proven to be used sometimes when someone in the public eye wishes to pronounce his/her displeasure at any given time.

Where is your 'absolute logic' that he even wants to stay? BTW, I did listen to the entire two Mikes show because there had supposedly been a u-turn from him but nothing (the joys of a night shift).
OK, I think you may be a bit befuddled on whom we are talking about here. As explained above my primary 'eye roll' this morning was over your DA conspiracy theory. I was asking for your logical evidence based rationale for THAT, not GC10. I believe you are now asking me to provide a similarly logical and evidence based rationale for why Graham Carey wants to stay.

That is very simple to answer, I can't, none of us can, there's been a big fat vacuum of clues on Carey's intentions one way or t'other. But then I have never said for a second that I believe he will stay. I have said I hope that he does, I have pointed out that there is more for him to consider than money, I have observed, as we all have that no news is good news, I have also observed that the longer it goes on the better the odds are that our contract offer is still somewhere in his thoughts, but I've never argued that he WILL stay. I mean please, feel free to go back through 64 pages and see if I have.

In short therefore, no, I won't provide any logic as to why Carey wants to stay, because there is none. There are reasons why he MIGHT, but if we could get inside his head we wouldn't need these 64 pages of huff, puff and guff would we.

No, I was poking with a big stick the random 'DA is conspiring to leave' bombshell you introduced to the thread, that's the one that made my shot itch this morning. To that question I believe you have answered (or not as the case appears)..."I myself have come to the belief that..." Well that very much underlines my point doesn't it, no logical evidence based rationale whatsoever. I could sit here and 'come to the belief' that Emma Willis is about to leave her rock star husband and is on the lookout for a balding middle aged Argyle fan with middle aged spread to match...it wouldn't have any more basis in logic or fact than your little theory though (mores the pity :sad:).

What it seemed to me to be was finger counting, 2+2. We haven't heard anything from GC10 and we haven't heard anything from Derek Adams. Well they're on holiday until next week, or longer for Carey if he doesn't sign a contract somewhere, so any logical application of thought would deduce "well why the hell should we"?

Applying logic still further, as I already have to this thread, if DA is plotting to jump ship why did he leave the club with a list of targets?, if he didn't then who is wanting these players signed?, Argyle would in that circumstance be fully aware he is going, have already sourced his replacement and are busying themselves working through A.N. Other managers wish list. The players signing would also know that Derek Adams isn't going to be the manager, that or they've been pretty dumb in not questioning why they've not had any contact with him before signing (which I am sure they have).

All that makes no logical sense. Much more logical sense is that a few phone calls to the club and the players on his wish list apart Derek Adams has been enjoying a very well earned break with his family ahead of returning for pre season training next week. The simple, logical scenario is nearly always the right one.

That is what caused me to jump all over your illogical conspiracy theory this morning and nothing you have provided as evidence to support it (or should I say the complete absence of the provision of evidence) has changed my view on it. Now unless you've got anything more concrete than your left nut is itching which only ever happens just before a manager leaves, we'll park that theory where it belongs, in your head. It has no basis in fact or reality on the 'evidence' or lack thereof before us.

Jul 29, 2010
...make that 65 pages :lol:

Oh, and for the facetw@tter generation who can't cope with a long forensic slapdown, what Northernlightgreen wrote does the same job far more succinctly :wink:

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
To be fair X'y , i think you may be in with a shot at EW , sure i read somewhere that she had a thing for the mature , polished , rounded and erudite male :)

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Well, just as an aside, I reckon that if Emma Willis ever looked through a few pages of PASOTI topics, she would be bowled over by the erudite, incisive and generally logical posts of X-Isle and who is to say she is not a closet Argyle fan? There are a lot of gorgeous women on this planet who don't give a fig about men being bald with middle age spread (and I can't believe that's you X) when they are able to have a conversation with them that's interesting with just the right amount of humour and who can charm various items of clothing off them. My logic says that Emma's rock star husband has probably already placed a total ban on her reading anything on this site....just in case! :scarf:

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
DartingtonPilgrim":28z4p62m said:
To be fair X'y , i think you may be in with a shot at EW , sure i read somewhere that she had a thing for the mature , polished , rounded and erudite male :)

Blinking 'eck Dartington we've both said erudite....it must be true!! :scarf:

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
So , following WCB's compelling portrayal of one of our own , logic would suggest that it isn't necessarily GC that we should be concerned about being tempted away from us .

Jul 29, 2010
DartingtonPilgrim":4qxo48zn said:
Ding dong, in that case i'm off to brush my hair (singular) :cool:

Oh, and to our little resident smurf....not good enough to play for a team that sit below Argyle in the table, hmmm :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.