Will Carey Stay? | Page 53 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will Carey Stay?

Where do you think GC10 will be in season 2017/2018?

• Argyle

Votes: 104 41.3%
  • Sheffield United

Votes: 73 29.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Sheffield Wednesday

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Bradford

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Norwich

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Cardiff

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Another club not mentioned above

Votes: 27 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
Nobby":37acrsns said:
PAFC95":37acrsns said:
Swear he does have a daughter aswell posts photos of him and her on his instagram and her name is in his bio on there too

The YouTube video is 100% his daughter and him.

Yeah thought so, was responding to those that said he doesn't have a daughter but didn't quote them for the reply

Aug 22, 2006
As long as Derek has a good idea of what's going on (I absolutely don't doubt this) then we shouldn't have a problem as such. Obviously if Carey stays then great IF not then he needs replacing with someone certainly of his caliber or if not even better as we have to remember that we're a division higher now. Tough job for Derek... very tough.

Mar 14, 2009
If he is the quality player most of us think he is and he seems like an ambitious player then his best move is away from Argyle. If Argyle finish 10-15th this season and avoid flirting with relegation then that will be a good, soild season. I think it's going to take at least a one season to build our squad up slowly to attack the top 6-8 teams in this league.

Carey should be looking for a championship club or an L1 club like Wigan who has the resources to target automatic promotion.

Always thought he was going, be delighted and surprised if he stays because l think at his age he needs to test himself at the highest level he can possibly achieve.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Metal_Green_Mickey":13t3tx2j said:
If he is the quality player most of us think he is and he seems like an ambitious player then his best move is away from Argyle. If Argyle finish 10-15th this season and avoid flirting with relegation then that will be a good, soild season. I think it's going to take at least a one season to build our squad up slowly to attack the top 6-8 teams in this league.

Carey should be looking for a championship club or an L1 club like Wigan who has the resources to target automatic promotion.

Always thought he was going, be delighted and surprised if he stays because l think at his age he needs to test himself at the highest level he can possibly achieve.

Sadly, I agree.

Jul 29, 2010
At his age he also needs to be playing regular football for a manager who'll support him through thick and thin.

That isn't always possible when you "test yourself at the highest level". What if you fall short, what will the manager do if you have two poor games...let alone two poor months.

I am sure he has been considering all these things, but it is NOT as simple as 'go as high as you can'.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
X Isle":1amxg9s1 said:
At his age he also needs to be playing regular football for a manager who'll support him through thick and thin.

That isn't always possible when you "test yourself at the highest level". What if you fall short, what will the manager do if you have two poor games...let alone two poor months.

I am sure he has been considering all these things, but it is NOT as simple as 'go as high as you can'.

What if he makes a go of it at a higher level and it turns out it was the right move for him.

Lots of ifs and buts on both sides which is why in my mind he is taking quite a long time to make, what could be, the biggest move of his footballing career.

Be it staying here or moving, it's a massive decision for him.

Mar 23, 2008
What is clear is that nothing is decided, or it would have been announced by now. So all the speculating is just that, speculation! One thought, I was worried he may decide late and leave us high and dry for a replacement but then again I guess closer to the start of the season there will be plenty hoping for a championship move, don't get it and then go to a league 1 team.........

Aug 11, 2013
Am I the only loon who comes on here several times a day hoping the thread is going to read 'Graham Carey re-signed (confirmed)'? If you're reading this Graham can you please put us all out of our misery one way or another as I for one am getting cheesed off with the the constant feeling of deflation I've experienced at least 5 times a day since the end of the season! It's driving me nuts.

To use a hackneyed phrase "It's the hope that kills you!"

Mar 23, 2008
X Isle":2l1yw7xw said:
Which, in fairness to this thread, is how it is titled.
Indeed but on several twists and turns with various winks and whispers it's been a done deal whereas the evidence would suggest otherwise, which was my point.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I too hope to read the same or leaves just to get on with life. It's sad that people bang on about one man so much but not about any of the other players

Feb 8, 2005
Chill out fellas.

Take it for granted that he's gone.

If he does go, we'll be pretty chilled out about it already.

If he stays, it'll be like a new signing again.

Either way, the wait will soon be over!

Jul 6, 2011
I think the example of peter halmosi stands out for me, a class player who could do no wrong here at argyle, but after he moved up a league to Hull he disappeared from their first team within a season.
He later reappeared back playing in his home country.
My point being that ambition is all very well, but if it blows up in your face Carey could very easily end up like halmosi and playing for a far worse club than argyle in a much crapier league.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
He is just one player, he isn't the team.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
arrythewurzel":2pnd51hp said:
Am I the only loon who comes on here several times a day hoping the thread is going to read 'Graham Carey re-signed (confirmed)'? If you're reading this Graham can you please put us all out of our misery one way or another as I for one am getting cheesed off with the the constant feeling of deflation I've experienced at least 5 times a day since the end of the season! It's driving me nuts.

To use a hackneyed phrase "It's the hope that kills you!"

as the thread gets longer and longer i don't care anymore if he goes. i just want the uncertainty ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.