Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 89 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.7%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 37 9.7%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.8%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.9%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.9%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.7%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 43 11.3%

• Total voters
May 13, 2019
Call me boring but i would love to have a Nigel Pearson or Scott Parker type manager. Both know the league inside out and both will have a lot of contacts in the Championship world. They would provide a lot of stability which is what is needed for the next few seasons, at the very least. The club will be earning way in excess of 20 million this summer, with some very shrewd experienced championship signings we could become a very attractive club to players and investors.

Yes, it would be brilliant to find another unproven manager like we did with Schumacher but it is one huge risk, as we found out with those infamous 87 days at the start of the year. The championship is in the top 8 of European leagues for a reason, it is so relentless and right now is the perfect time to appoint a previously established Championship manager.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Call me boring but i would love to have a Nigel Pearson or Scott Parker type manager. Both know the league inside out and both will have a lot of contacts in the Championship world. They would provide a lot of stability which is what is needed for the next few seasons, at the very least. The club will be earning way in excess of 20 million this summer, with some very shrewd experienced championship signings we could become a very attractive club to players and investors.

Yes, it would be brilliant to find another unproven manager like we did with Schumacher but it is one huge risk, as we found out with those infamous 87 days at the start of the year. The championship is in the top 8 of European leagues for a reason, it is so relentless and right now is the perfect time to appoint a previously established Championship manager.
Boring

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
He got us promoted to the Championship with over 100 points with a mid table budget, not to mention the fact that we won the title ahead of the club who have just been promoted to the Premier League. Last season was the best in the club’s history, I loved that team and what we achieved.

I get there’s anger toward Schumacher, I feel it too, but let’s not revise history.
What about Luggy?

Sep 3, 2009
Haven’t really looked at this thread properly until now because it just felt a bit pointless until we knew where we would be next season.

For what it’s worth, I agree with Cobi about Schumacher being the best in recent memory - and I’m old enough to remember Bobby Saxton (so, admittedly, that rules out Waiters).

Still hurt by the nature of Schumacher’s departure and that won’t heal until we have a manager who moves us on again.

I have no answers as to who will come next but I expect it might be fairly leftfield again. Don’t mind that, just hope we get it right this time. ASAP though please.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
No chance. See how far ahead of us this season they finished with all his financial backing. He ain’t half as good as he thinks he is
One thing for certain is the fact that if he performs badly he will be sacked quickly because this is what Stoke does.

I hope he fails but I don’t really care about him or Stoke anymore- we survived and now I can forget about him jumping ship this season

Reactions: Mark58 and oldage

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
One thing for certain is the fact that if he performs badly he will be sacked quickly because this is what Stoke does.

I hope he fails but I don’t really care about him or Stoke anymore- we survived and now I can forget about him jumping ship this season
He will get them in the playoffs next season. Its easy to diss the guy because he shafted us, but he is the most successful manager we ever had (like it or not) and he will do well at Stoke, so if you are a gambling person, its worth a bet ! You cannot deny that you loved the football his team played can you ?

Sep 6, 2006
He will get them in the playoffs next season. Its easy to diss the guy because he shafted us, but he is the most successful manager we ever had (like it or not) and he will do well at Stoke, so if you are a gambling person, its worth a bet ! You cannot deny that you loved the football his team played can you ?
Most successful manager ever? I dont think so

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Anyone I would get excited about likely (a) we couldn’t afford, or (b) wouldn't want to come.

There may be some Premier League assistants that may be interested, but then someone like Pep Ljinders wouldn't give us a first thought. So your likely looking at their youth or U21 coaches.

The “Head Coach” title from ND, worries me a little as I think that means we won’t necessarily get an experienced manager, and likely will have someone in their first role. Really the job title should come as part of the compensation discussion after you think you have the right person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wexford Green

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham

Appears that that's what we do aswell.

Not that I'm bothered the last manager/coach went.

May 28, 2015
Just watched an interview with Des Buckingham which was incredibly impressive. He, however, seems very commited to Oxford (his hometown club) talking about being there for the long term. Pity cos I think he would be a strong candidate.
Not like we’ve ever had a manager talk about being happy at the club one minute and then gone the next is it? … oh wait