What is your favourite player nickname of all time | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What is your favourite player nickname of all time

Mar 23, 2008
Was Jock Andy Morrison's middle name or a nickname? I like Charlie for Paul Williams, great left back.

H

handbags blake

Does anyone remember when my namesake seb had some trouble in town and was called handbags Blake for a short while

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Quintrell_Green":225jx5y3 said:
memory man":225jx5y3 said:
Tugboat":225jx5y3 said:
(Mpenza) Needles
And that is exactly how the Searchers used to sing it!!!

Pins came after Needles in the lyrics, I am happy to say that I can still remember!
You are correct. I really meant that the Penza bit. I saw them live at the ABC. Helen Shapiro was top of the bill and the Searchers topped the first half. Trouble is by the time the show got to Plymouth the Searchers were on to their second number 1 and Helen was on the way down. The crowd were not good to Shapiro. There were about six or seven acts but I cannot recall the others!

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
memory man":1k457469 said:
Quintrell_Green":1k457469 said:
memory man":1k457469 said:
Tugboat":1k457469 said:
(Mpenza) Needles

Pins came after Needles in the lyrics, I am happy to say that I can still remember!
You are correct. I really meant that the Penza bit. I saw them live at the ABC. Helen Shapiro was top of the bill and the Searchers topped the first half. Trouble is by the time the show got to Plymouth the Searchers were on to their second number 1 and Helen was on the way down. The crowd were not good to Shapiro. There were about six or seven acts but I cannot recall the others!
By any chance? http://andrewwe.tripod.com/Late_63_Tour.html

Jan 11, 2016
As the promise of the early 60s evaporated Argyle bought a centre half who appropriately enough was in decline too. Andy Nelson had done it elsewhere winning the old Second Division and then the First Division with Alf Ramsey's Ipswich. When he joined Argyle in 65-66 his best days were behind him although he was still on his day a tidy performer. His style was not uncommon amongst centre halves at he time. His nickname - Vert - really summed him up!

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Thanks for those. Some good ones tht had slipped my mind. vert a new one on me. What was the logic behind that? Other than being French for green

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
GreensOnScreen":34wmbidc said:
memory man":34wmbidc said:
Quintrell_Green":34wmbidc said:
memory man":34wmbidc said:
Tugboat":34wmbidc said:
(Mpenza) Needles

By any chance? http://andrewwe.tripod.com/Late_63_Tour.html
Thanks Steve - I was actually going to say that I thought Bobby Rydell was there too. But fantastic amount of entertainment for not a lot of cash.