Transfer Window | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer Window

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Limitations of his squad when using the formation he wants to deploy.

Nov 22, 2006
Dear Santa I would like
2 strikers + ciftci to disappear
1 attacking central midfielder + ness & or sarcevic to disappear
1 centre back + sokolik to disappear (if he hasn't already)
3 more keepers :funny: :funny: :funny:

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Green Giant":2shfdxc5 said:
Dear Santa I would like
2 strikers + ciftci to disappear
1 attacking central midfielder + ness & or sarcevic to disappear
1 centre back + sokolik to disappear (if he hasn't already)
3 more keepers :funny: :funny: :funny:

Better make it 5 keepers to get us to May

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Outs..

Te locke
Sokolik
Wylde
Lameiras
Blissett
Cifcti
Ness or Sarcevic

In..
GK
CM
ST
LW

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":2dat50wb said:
Ade the green":2dat50wb said:
Biggs":2dat50wb said:
There seem to be many on these boards who think that Adams (or any football manager) statements to the press, express his true thoughts or what he says in private to players and directors.

Media interviews are PR.

It's fairly obvious that he's treading the line between not demoralising current players, while stating the need for new additions.

Being dishonest to the fans is not helping his cause.
Dishonest?? That's a bit harsh Ade.

I mean dishonest to try and explain away what everyone can see. Some wish to ignore it but thankfully they are in the minority.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Tugboat":3gnx836l said:
Outs..

Te locke
Sokolik
Wylde
Lameiras
Blissett
Cifcti
Ness or Sarcevic

In..
GK
CM
ST
LW
Harsh on Blissett I feel, but it seems that DA has little interest in playing him. I really hope DA signs some strikers before releasing any more. Jimmy Spencer could've been decent for us this season imho.

I'd love to see Boateng back with us, though I know there's little chance now (he got Player of the Month for them in November). That said, we do have the Toumo now, and they're arguably very similar players.

Strikers are the key, but I'd love to see Remi back again too.

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":3qpr8gty said:
Keepitgreen":3qpr8gty said:
Ade the green":3qpr8gty said:
Biggs":3qpr8gty said:
There seem to be many on these boards who think that Adams (or any football manager) statements to the press, express his true thoughts or what he says in private to players and directors.

Media interviews are PR.

It's fairly obvious that he's treading the line between not demoralising current players, while stating the need for new additions.

I mean dishonest to try and explain away what everyone can see. Some wish to ignore it but thankfully they are in the minority.

What is it that he isnā€™t explaining the way you see it, a few direct quotes from him and the match it is about would be appreciated then we can discuss.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":1ukzquar said:
Ade the green":1ukzquar said:
Keepitgreen":1ukzquar said:
Ade the green":1ukzquar said:
Biggs":1ukzquar said:

Media interviews are PR.

What is it that he isnā€™t explaining the way you see it, a few direct quotes from him and the match it is about would be appreciated then we can discuss.

Iā€™d like him to accept that we are not doing well and that he has a plan to improve that. Blowing smoke saying weā€™re better than we are is ignoring most of the first half of the season. We need points and because he seems oblivious to our failings in his press conferences heā€™s setting the fans on edge. The form that has been lauded has collapsed back to 1 win in 6 is it? So iā€™d Want to know that he has a plan which is different to what heā€™s had up to now.
Iā€™d like him to say he has a few irons in the fire for new recruits, some that will be used in the league and able to hold their own.

But mostly, iā€™d like him to announce his resignation.

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":1otlvt2g said:
HC Green":1otlvt2g said:
Keepitgreen":1otlvt2g said:
Biggs":1otlvt2g said:

Media interviews are PR.

Iā€™d like him to accept that we are not doing well and that he has a plan to improve that. Blowing smoke saying weā€™re better than we are is ignoring most of the first half of the season. We need points and because he seems oblivious to our failings in his press conferences heā€™s setting the fans on edge. The form that has been lauded has collapsed back to 1 win in 6 is it? So iā€™d Want to know that he has a plan which is different to what heā€™s had up to now.
Iā€™d like him to say he has a few irons in the fire for new recruits, some that will be used in the league and able to hold their own.

So no quotes from him to back up your comments.

Jul 12, 2016
Truth.We are bottom of the division and out of all cup competitions. DA is out of his depth and players not good enough.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
HC Green":q5ykebiu said:
Ade the green":q5ykebiu said:
Keepitgreen":q5ykebiu said:
Ade the green":q5ykebiu said:
Biggs":q5ykebiu said:

Media interviews are PR.

Portsmouth 1 - 0 Argyle.
"We didn't deserve to lose" (Headline, Paraphrases?) - We did. We lacked the ability to score and gave them several chances to do so.
"Both teams didnā€™t have any real efforts on goal" - They had 6 shots on target. Some routine saves, 1 worldy save.
ā€œThey (Portsmouth) werenā€™t in our 18-yard box in the first half" (Perhaps being pedantic, but they were)
"Both sides probably lacked a bit of firepower and the goalkeepers had really no saves to make" Again I can think of at least 2 saves Remi made from Naismith alone.

Which of those quotes do you agree with him on?

May 8, 2011
PlymOdi":3bz0b7mr said:
HC Green":3bz0b7mr said:
Ade the green":3bz0b7mr said:
Keepitgreen":3bz0b7mr said:
Ade the green":3bz0b7mr said:
Biggs":3bz0b7mr said:

Media interviews are PR.

Portsmouth 1 - 0 Argyle.
"We didn't deserve to lose" (Headline, Paraphrases?) - We did. We lacked the ability to score and gave them several chances to do so.
"Both teams didnā€™t have any real efforts on goal" - They had 6 shots on target. Some routine saves, 1 worldy save.
ā€œThey (Portsmouth) werenā€™t in our 18-yard box in the first half" (Perhaps being pedantic, but they were)
"Both sides probably lacked a bit of firepower and the goalkeepers had really no saves to make" Again I can think of at least 2 saves Remi made from Naismith alone.

All of them, that game had 0-0 written over it, apart from the save by Matthews I canā€™t remember Portsmouth having a shot, I donā€™t count the goal as a shot as it had the same force as Ciftciā€™s did in the second half.
The atmosphere was dead, a proper bore fest.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
HC Green":1hcmgs5t said:
PlymOdi":1hcmgs5t said:
HC Green":1hcmgs5t said:

Portsmouth 1 - 0 Argyle.

All of them, that game had 0-0 written over it, apart from the save by Matthews I canā€™t remember Portsmouth having a shot, I donā€™t count the goal as a shot as it had the same force as Ciftciā€™s did in the second half.
The atmosphere was dead, a proper bore fest.

They had 13, 6 (We had 6, 1 on target) of them on target. Perhaps remembering wrong is where both you and Derek are going wrong. Luckily there are video highlights and match reports which can remind you of how it actually played out.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":125yx71z said:
Ade the green":125yx71z said:
HC Green":125yx71z said:
Keepitgreen":125yx71z said:

Media interviews are PR.

So no quotes from him to back up your comments.[/quote]

Thatā€™s your argument is it? Because iā€™m not going to trawl all his bollocks quotes iā€™m wrong. Youā€™re blind to whatā€™s happening, howā€™s the form holding up?

Jan 27, 2012
Will Brent dip into his pocket to buy some decent quality League One players ?

Or will it be pound shop time again ?