Stoke v Argyle MatchDay Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke v Argyle MatchDay Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

May 16, 2016
Every time we lose you claim it’s the worst we‘ve ever played, we must be at the point where we’re just lying down on the floor it’s been ’worse’ then the previous ‘worst ever’ performance, you’re incredibly reactionary. I’m not saying people can’t be disappointed or frustrated with loses, I’m annoyed & switching off football till next week (cheeky check of the Wednesday result tomorrow) but some of the comments from some towards our players are pretty pathetic. Football club loses game during relegation battle shocker!! Be disappointed & moan, cool, but some comments are very sad & childish.
Cobi is our resident pendulum.

Goes to games pre-armed with stock phrases drafted, all neatly lined up and placed in game direction and performance driven response folders, ready and waiting to pasted in and posted at a moments notice.

Not sure they're even read or considered before mic dropping them in 😉

Reactions: Don't Panic
Apr 1, 2017
I know we wont want to hear it but Schuey showed that he is a very good coach. His in game management is excellent and he stopped us playing. We literally could not get out of our half and we ended up so stretched out and run ragged. It was a reminder of what we did to other teams under him.

Hard to find many positives from today except we have 2 games left and hopefully we can scrape through because we look out on our legs and with Forshaw probably injured we look short of quality.
Or we were just honking...

Dec 3, 2005
Yep - Preston is their best shot at 3 points .... after that Leeds & then Cov away. Fingers crossed Mr Lowe could give us a big helping hand tomorrow 🤞
QPR are playing Preston right now - just kicked-off
We certainly don't want Brum scoring in the last 10 mins of the game or if they do, it being Stansfield.

Reactions: paulfish64

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Every time we lose you claim it’s the worst we‘ve ever played, we must be at the point where we’re just lying down on the floor it’s been ’worse’ then the previous ‘worst ever’ performance, you’re incredibly reactionary. moan, cool, but some comments are very sad & childish.

That isn’t true in the slightest.

If we play dreadfully, I’ll say that we played dreadfully. If we play brilliantly, I’ll say that we played brilliantly. If we play OK, I’ll say that we played OK.

I’m fair and I call it how I see it - unlike most on here who are either in the “we’re awful” or the “we’re brilliant” camp.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I can't say lm surprised.

For the first 30 mins thought we were the better team. I say better team, because both teams were giving so much space to each other but neither team took real advantage.

Then Stoke score. And from that moment the life was sucked out of us. I havent seen Randell play as poor as it has today. Yet there is no other option to replace him today once Forshaw went off injured.

I'm not angry. I'm not frustrated. I'm just abit fed up that we talk about the same problems for the past years and they have caused our defeat yet again today.

Defending. Without Galloway, we look a mess at times.

Midfield. They just don't track the runners. Stoke's first goal prime example. Is it OK to now say our basic passing is atrious at times ?

Forwards. They get some terrible supply, but some of the flakiness in terms of when they have the ball is frustrating.

Our Style. What is our style? Can someone explain to me what we are trying to do regarding build up play? Did the Stoke keeper have much to do?

It's no going being emotional and personally attacking players. That's just really silly. Maybe we just need to take a breath & whether we stay up by the skin of our teeth realise a team who scored 17 goals at home all season, scored 3 today.

The facts point to we just aren't a very good team.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Had a feeling all week this would happen, maybe we should have started with less Schumacher players and played the loan players.

Funny thing is some posters haven’t hardly posted all season then boom post when go 1-0 down and keep posting moaning and slagging players off.

Dec 3, 2005
That isn’t true in the slightest.

If we play dreadfully, I’ll say that we played dreadfully. If we play brilliantly, I’ll say that we played brilliantly. If we play OK, I’ll say that we played OK.

I’m fair and I call it how I see it - unlike most on here who are either in the “we’re awful” or the “we’re brilliant” camp.
Sorry to say this but today we were AWFUL.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I don't know what is worse- the manner of the loss
The manager of the opposing team or hearing the name Cundle on rinse & repeat
Hero to zero in the space of 8 days
Painful afternoon of listening
Long coach journey home - penny for the players thoughts on a chastening afternoon