Stanley Aborah | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stanley Aborah

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Norwichpilgrim":2qru7w3h said:
PL2 3DQ":2qru7w3h said:
SwimWithTheTide":2qru7w3h said:
X Isle":2qru7w3h said:
Handy?, he was brilliant.

A tough one this. He definitely has the tools in his kit bag to do the job it just comes down to application. What i will say is that a) if there wasn't a question mark then he wouldn't be in our sights, he'd be championship at least, b) if anyone can tease the performance level out of him required it is our management team, and c) on a one year deal with a minimum game trigger for year two we'll only have him for 12 months if he doesn't deliver.

On balance i'd say he's worth a gamble.

There's a theme with our first two signings that this summer could see a catalogue of unrealised potential join us. Everyone tells us Ainsworth is brilliant, but lazy. Ruben is brilliant, but inconsistent. Stanley is brilliant, but lazy.

Adams & co certainly helped Carey find the form of his career. Likewise Jervis, Wylde and Bradley.

We're approaching our first season in years without expectation of promotion. If these gamble signings don't pay off then I have faith that the retained players of last season are capable of fending off relegation. If these players do find their potential then who knows what we may achieve?

Quite a few players had the best season of their career under Adams, those mentioned above plus Threlkeld, Slew (he scored 6 goals last season, his best ever), Songo'o and Tanner.

Adams provides a home for the waifs and strays and under his coaching they become better players.

Aborah can also play at centre-back which will help - if it's true that Adams would like to sign him although I notice the OP is a new Pasoti member with just two posts. We'll see.

I was a member for many years under jackleslie_21 I had an issue with my email address, and subsequently had to create a new account. I was told about our interest in Stanley by someone very well connected to Greg strong, our chief scout. He told me about ainsworth too, and that turned out to be true.

Lets just wait and see?

Your other username is still active. Can you let me know which username you would like to keep and I'll deactivate the other one.

Apr 27, 2017
PL2 3DQ":di4h3xut said:
Norwichpilgrim":di4h3xut said:
PL2 3DQ":di4h3xut said:
SwimWithTheTide":di4h3xut said:
X Isle":di4h3xut said:
Handy?, he was brilliant.

A tough one this. He definitely has the tools in his kit bag to do the job it just comes down to application. What i will say is that a) if there wasn't a question mark then he wouldn't be in our sights, he'd be championship at least, b) if anyone can tease the performance level out of him required it is our management team, and c) on a one year deal with a minimum game trigger for year two we'll only have him for 12 months if he doesn't deliver.

On balance i'd say he's worth a gamble.

There's a theme with our first two signings that this summer could see a catalogue of unrealised potential join us. Everyone tells us Ainsworth is brilliant, but lazy. Ruben is brilliant, but inconsistent. Stanley is brilliant, but lazy.

Adams & co certainly helped Carey find the form of his career. Likewise Jervis, Wylde and Bradley.

We're approaching our first season in years without expectation of promotion. If these gamble signings don't pay off then I have faith that the retained players of last season are capable of fending off relegation. If these players do find their potential then who knows what we may achieve?

Quite a few players had the best season of their career under Adams, those mentioned above plus Threlkeld, Slew (he scored 6 goals last season, his best ever), Songo'o and Tanner.

Adams provides a home for the waifs and strays and under his coaching they become better players.

Aborah can also play at centre-back which will help - if it's true that Adams would like to sign him although I notice the OP is a new Pasoti member with just two posts. We'll see.

I was a member for many years under jackleslie_21 I had an issue with my email address, and subsequently had to create a new account. I was told about our interest in Stanley by someone very well connected to Greg strong, our chief scout. He told me about ainsworth too, and that turned out to be true.

Lets just wait and see?

Your other username is still active. Can you let me know which username you would like to keep and I'll deactivate the other one.

Cheers mate, I would like to keep jackleslie_21 this was linked to my old email adresss what I can no longer gain access to. Could I log into my old username with my new accounts password?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":1lfbudki said:
Norwichpilgrim":1lfbudki said:
I didn't publicly name the source now did I, he's a scout, he has hundreds of contacts.

Well Greg Strong will probably know who it is. If I was him I would sack him. Well done.

He also never said he was one of our scouts.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Norwichpilgrim":2clkw90s said:
Cheers mate, I would like to keep jackleslie_21 this was linked to my old email adresss what I can no longer gain access to. Could I log into my old username with my new accounts password?

I've sent you a PM.

May 21, 2015
PL2 3DQ":11f2d3e4 said:
Aborah can also play at centre-back which will help.

At 5' 7''-ish tall I don't think he'd be the best candidate to play CB.

Not fussed about the validity of the source of the rumour. This is the "rumours and conjecture" forum after all.

Aug 5, 2016
tandark":111q8g6f said:
PL2 3DQ":111q8g6f said:
Aborah can also play at centre-back which will help.

At 5' 7''-ish tall I don't think he'd be the best candidate to play CB.

Not fussed about the validity of the source of the rumour. This is the "rumours and conjecture" forum after all.

Fabio Cannavaro was 5' 8" and was player of the tournament at WC2006.