Stanley Aborah | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stanley Aborah

Six months at Pompy and only played 4 games?

Released this weekend, Cook would have kept him but Jacket doesn't want to keep a player who had little impact in league 2.

He was bombed out of Notts County by Kevin Nolan who didn't hold back in his comments, said he wasn't someone he wanted to work with.

Worth googling and reading about, he's been very nomadic playing a varying levels and never staying for long.

Aug 5, 2016
Worth bearing in mind Argyle fans saw him play well in one televised game.

Many Notts County fans didn't take to him and said he had a heart the size of a pea.

Numerous managers did not want to work with him.

Paul Cook had little use for him at Pompey last season.

If he's coming here I hope it's cheap, as it's a signing fraught with risk.

Could he be this season's Hiram Boateng, or David Ijaha?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He was impressive in that televised game. Considering stated opinions of other managers, maybe he was showboating in front of TV cameras and thought he was better than 4th tier.

Attitude problem? No thanks.

Jul 12, 2016
Unbelievable . DA has always prided himself on having players who will bond. Do you think DA would even consider Aborah if he was that bad.

Apr 30, 2011
He certainly was outstanding against us in the Notts County game and I remember thinking 'we can't sign a player like that'. Maybe he has had personality clashes over the years but people tend to learn from their mistakes. I'd think this could potentially be a great signing if it comes off.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Not much comment on the Pompey boards but what there is is generally disappointed he has been released as he showed up well on the few occasions he started for them

Apr 30, 2017
Derek Adams likes to have a ball winner alongside a playmaker in midfield. In what I thought we needed, I identified that we needed a ball winner to complemente Foxy's playmaking abilities, and for sure this ticks that box. I am also a fan of having a ball winner and playmaker in 2 in 4-2-3-1, as it means one can win the ball and the other can take that ball and launch an attack. This attitude problem, must be conjecture. Managers struggle to scout attitudes, as a result I think that is pure conjecture. Yes he had an issue with KN but not everyone gets on!

Found an excellent video of him vs Argyle last him when he played brilliantly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5-BAHZfIVQ&t=191s

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
X Isle":r0z5mrbn said:
Handy?, he was brilliant.

A tough one this. He definitely has the tools in his kit bag to do the job it just comes down to application. What i will say is that a) if there wasn't a question mark then he wouldn't be in our sights, he'd be championship at least, b) if anyone can tease the performance level out of him required it is our management team, and c) on a one year deal with a minimum game trigger for year two we'll only have him for 12 months if he doesn't deliver.

On balance i'd say he's worth a gamble.

There's a theme with our first two signings that this summer could see a catalogue of unrealised potential join us. Everyone tells us Ainsworth is brilliant, but lazy. Ruben is brilliant, but inconsistent. Stanley is brilliant, but lazy.

Adams & co certainly helped Carey find the form of his career. Likewise Jervis, Wylde and Bradley.

We're approaching our first season in years without expectation of promotion. If these gamble signings don't pay off then I have faith that the retained players of last season are capable of fending off relegation. If these players do find their potential then who knows what we may achieve?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
SwimWithTheTide":s0ivgscp said:
X Isle":s0ivgscp said:

A tough one this. He definitely has the tools in his kit bag to do the job it just comes down to application. What i will say is that a) if there wasn't a question mark then he wouldn't be in our sights, he'd be championship at least, b) if anyone can tease the performance level out of him required it is our management team, and c) on a one year deal with a minimum game trigger for year two we'll only have him for 12 months if he doesn't deliver.

There's a theme with our first two signings that this summer could see a catalogue of unrealised potential join us. Everyone tells us Ainsworth is brilliant, but lazy. Ruben is brilliant, but inconsistent. Stanley is brilliant, but lazy.

Adams & co certainly helped Carey find the form of his career. Likewise Jervis, Wylde and Bradley.

We're approaching our first season in years without expectation of promotion. If these gamble signings don't pay off then I have faith that the retained players of last season are capable of fending off relegation. If these players do find their potential then who knows what we may achieve?

Quite a few players had the best season of their career under Adams, those mentioned above plus Threlkeld, Slew (he scored 6 goals last season, his best ever), Songo'o and Tanner.

Adams provides a home for the waifs and strays and under his coaching they become better players.

Aborah can also play at centre-back which will help - if it's true that Adams would like to sign him although I notice the OP is a new Pasoti member with just two posts. We'll see.

Apr 27, 2017
PL2 3DQ":4bqepf6g said:
SwimWithTheTide":4bqepf6g said:
X Isle":4bqepf6g said:

Quite a few players had the best season of their career under Adams, those mentioned above plus Threlkeld, Slew (he scored 6 goals last season, his best ever), Songo'o and Tanner.

Adams provides a home for the waifs and strays and under his coaching they become better players.

Aborah can also play at centre-back which will help - if it's true that Adams would like to sign him although I notice the OP is a new Pasoti member with just two posts. We'll see.

I was a member for many years under jackleslie_21 I had an issue with my email address, and subsequently had to create a new account. I was told about our interest in Stanley by someone very well connected to Greg strong, our chief scout. He told me about ainsworth too, and that turned out to be true.

Lets just wait and see?

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Norwichpilgrim":3sw951t0 said:
PL2 3DQ":3sw951t0 said:
SwimWithTheTide":3sw951t0 said:
X Isle":3sw951t0 said:

I was a member for many years under jackleslie_21 I had an issue with my email address, and subsequently had to create a new account. I was told about our interest in Stanley by someone very well connected to Greg strong, our chief scout. He told me about ainsworth too, and that turned out to be true.

Lets just wait and see?

Any other snippets?

Aug 5, 2016
Norwichpilgrim":1lz796du said:

Lets just wait and see?

If what you're saying is true, then DA will know who is getting a hairdryer rollicking for the rumour getting out.

My thoughts are that if you genuinely knew a good source like that, you wouldn't have named them.