St.Lukes Bowl | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

St.Lukes Bowl

May 8, 2011
MarkMatthews":2te77v39 said:
HC Green":2te77v39 said:
MarkMatthews":2te77v39 said:
Absolutely staggered, reading Adams’ comments on this game this morning. Why is this game being singled out as one they have to impressed in rather than impress over the course of a two year apprenticeship? Seems a bit of a convinent excuse to me, I think they will get released en masse, development lads and all the second year apprentices except Cooper and possibly Sangster.

I wasn’t there, myself but I can only imagine how bad iit must have been if Adams doesn’t think it was good enough performance, as I’ve seen him label some of the worst, unexciting, uninspiring football I have ever seen, as good and it’s been unlucky when we’ve lost.

I was there and in the second half they outplayed Willand, I suspect they got a few home truths told to them at half time by Nancekivell and Adam’s comments was just continuing this. He was just giving the youngsters a kick up the backside as some have became too complacent and are coasting, a prime example is Sangster.

At least we now have a management team that are investing a lot of their time monitoring the youngsters’ progress something that should be welcomed.

I’m not too sure many of them will respond positively to that style of man management myself. What certainly isn’t needed is a one size fits all approach and manage individuals in the way that will bring the best out of people. That goes for all managers in every walk of life not just football scpecific.

Perhaps the kick up the backside by Adams had the desired effect based on last night.
To paraphrase a recent thread, perhaps we should acknowledge that Adams does know what he is doing!