Someone is in LaLa land (Adams/Errington comments) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Someone is in LaLa land (Adams/Errington comments)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
We gave them far too much space around in that pocket between the 18yard box and centre circle. The goal came from that, but to be fair it was a fantastic finish,bent into the far corner.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Today was a great illustration of why, despite having had two decent seasons as Argyle manager including getting the team promoted, I won't be sorry when Derek Adams does finally leave the club. He seems to be able to suck all of the energy and soul out of things. Dementor Adams.

Feb 23, 2008
Daz":1bbjd1fg said:
I wasn't at the game so don't know how dominant we were at the time of the sub, (it sounds like we were battering them judging by the comments on here.) but if we had been going on the attack and been caught on the break Adams would be slaughtered for not shutting up shop would he not?

Who'd be a football manager???

We were doing ok as we were, bringing Bliss on for Fletcher would hopefully have made the ball stick further up the pitch rather than going ultra defensive and hoping to see it out with half an hour left.

Feb 17, 2017
HC Green":3ghcyww4 said:
What a reaction when we draw against the only unbeaten team in League 1.
I would say the reaction is based on frustration at our league position relative to today’s performance more than the fact we managed a good point against the was League leaders. A point on its own merit is good achievement and could have been 3, but in the context of our season we are now looking to win every game to get out of the relegation as soon as possible, again if we only draw with Blackburn people will be criticising but in reality that would also be a good result, and most other teams in the league would be happy with that. It’s not getting a point from today that will get us relegated.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
wemburygreen67":3cttxyy4 said:
After we scored the goal, we had the impetus, the crowd was pumped up and the line-up was looking secure. If we had replaced Fltcher with Blissett, he could have occupied their defence, rather than shifting an ineffective Jervis who is no threat in the middle on his own. As it was, with 20 minutes plus to play, we conceded possession, and tried to hang on. It seemed inevitable that they would score. We need 3 points and these very negative tactics have cost us 2 points that could be vital at the end of the season

I agree. Shrewsbury are a great footballing side but that Bradley substitution was tactically wrong. Too negative and it's costing us. Why make up excuses? We are clearly struggling and soon things will get desperate.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tony_Flags":1f224mad said:
HC Green":1f224mad said:
What a reaction when we draw against the only unbeaten team in League 1.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the result. It is how we got to the result.

If we had come back from 0-1 then he'd be a hero (undoubtedly) but what he did was surrender the game. Bradley, if I remember correct was responsible for (was it) 3 goals in the reserves during the week. The self imposed lay off did him no favours.

Apr 12, 2016
Just wish we would concentrate on the positives from today's game, of which there were many, rather than this relentless need to crucify DA at every opportunity. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Since I Was 33":217imvx2 said:
Just wish we would concentrate on the positives from today's game, of which there were many, rather than this relentless need to crucify DA at every opportunity. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Thing is I think that's the frustration, there were plenty of positives today. The team battled incredibly well, after the first 15 they looked bright and for the first time in a long time confident and assured in possession.

Sadly all of their efforts were wasted by overly negative tactics. We had the game by the scruff of the neck but Adams handed it over to the league leaders to see what they could do with it and as expected they took full advantage.

The team deserve a lot of credit today, the manager needs to look at himself and decide whether he has the bottle for this dog fight. He caved today, so scared of Shrewsbury, so bereft of confidence in his players he got them to hide in our area for 30 minutes. There is no room for fear, play to win or you play to lose.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
At the time of the change we were under a lot of pressure I thought. We were conceding possession and territory as we had for the first half hour of the game. Bradley coming on was to bolster the back line.

Our deep positioning invited them on to us not the substitution. It's uncomfortable to watch but they weren't carving out any real chances and the goal came from distance as was ours.

It's disappointing to have conceded the equaliser but I'll take the positives out of today. It seems the bandwagon against adams has the momentum so it will take a miracle for people to change their view but today was a successful day at the office in my opinion

Feb 8, 2005
To knock the opposition off the top of the league is a feat in itself. We would have taken a point before the match, but are obviously disappointed when we were in the position of being able to get all three. Shrewsbury were at the top for a reason and a point is a good start to the recovery.

Feb 23, 2008
jimbo_the_green":10s3wjfs said:
At the time of the change we were under a lot of pressure I thought. We were conceding possession and territory as we had for the first half hour of the game. Bradley coming on was to bolster the back line.

Our deep positioning invited them on to us not the substitution. It's uncomfortable to watch but they weren't carving out any real chances and the goal came from distance as was ours.

It's disappointing to have conceded the equaliser but I'll take the positives out of today. It seems the bandwagon against adams has the momentum so it will take a miracle for people to change their view but today was a successful day at the office in my opinion

I'm in the give DA time camp, but I'm not sure the decision to put Bradley into the back three was what cost us the game, more so that we played so deep with it and didn't have a sticking point up front until 5 mins from the end.