Simon Church (signed for Scunthorpe) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Simon Church (signed for Scunthorpe)

May 16, 2016
As long as he just consecrates on scoring goals he'll be ok.

I'm no font of football knowledge but have faith he might start the resurrection of our season. Hopefully we can ascend the league with his intervention.

Feb 2, 2007
Been out injured a while, I think he's technically decent, honestly can't remember what his hold up play is like although saw him a few times for Reading, looked to have more pace and not so bulky but he was a lot younger.

Maybe bulked out and could be our much needed "trigger".

Goal scoring records don't count a lot for forwards in the Adams system, as we know, it's all about the forward creating the space for the midfielders to take advantage of.

Jul 13, 2006
I always used to think he was quite a tidy player. I don't know how old he is know and whether injuries have taken their toll.

Aug 5, 2016
foreigner":20e3tf9z said:
I always used to think he was quite a tidy player. I don't know how old he is know and whether injuries have taken their toll.

He had a good short spell at Aberdeen, enjoyed himself getting to the semi finals of Euro 2016. Then he got injured playing top level football in Holland. Don't think he enjoyed the artificial pitches out there and had injury set backs due to it, later deciding to quit the Eredivisie due to it.

Church looks like he wants a fresh start to get over his hip problems, but it is clearly going to be work in progress. We won't be getting the prime Championship striker, however, if he gets past his injury he is only 28 and has plenty more to give?

Fingers crossed he has a storming trial and shows DA he still has a lot left in his locker.

May 14, 2016
Wales striker Simon Church has turned down a contract offer from Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.

Church spent a week training with Hibs, but says the deal was not good enough for him to relocate his family from Berkshire.

Copyrighted Material Removed - Admin

Please see link below for details.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40648034

No puns in there thank God!

Feb 8, 2005
Sean":yys5rp1o said:
Wales striker Simon Church has turned down a contract offer from Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.

Church spent a week training with Hibs, but says the deal was not good enough for him to relocate his family from Berkshire.

Copyrighted Material Removed - Admin

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40648034

That link is dated July.

A newer observational piece is here

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/simon-church-still-free-agent-637066

Aug 5, 2016
Sean":1quc8woh said:

Thanking God in a thread where everyone is desperate for a 'church' based pun might just make you the height of hilarity now.

Oct 24, 2013
Ade the green":37eg4wtr said:
When did he last have a club?

Is he a free agent?

Is the trial with a view to sign him now (if successful) or in January?

He last played over a year ago out in Holland for Roda, a team in the top flight over there. Was injured after starting the first four games of the season.

He is a free agent, so I guess it was a one year contract or he was released. As such, if his trial is successful he could sign on and play straight away, like Diagouraga.