Sam Gallagher (Sell on clause?) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sam Gallagher (Sell on clause?)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Kentishgreen":3kbxtlrz said:
And I thought our acedemy set up was crap and never produced anybody that was any good? Apart from Tyler Harvey.

...and Tyler Harvey would have been pushing for an England place if only he hadn't been held back by our coaching set up.

....and the fact that he was crap.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm not sure if Gallagher qualifies for any fees under EPPP rules because he moved to Southampton four months before the EPPP system started.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":1cdunju3 said:
I'm annoyed that Argyle scout these kids and then other clubs steal them. If Argyle had KEPT Gallagher he could have helped the team on the pitch AND Argyle could have negotiated their own sell on clauses and transfer fees. £5 million would probably pay for Phase 2

This is the weakness in the Academy- if a top player is discovered, they get taken away by other clubs in the Championship or Premier League. Argyle get whatever these clubs don't want. If Messi was from Estover and came up through Argyle's schoolboy ranks he'd be stolen away before he even kicked a ball for the first team.

You need to look at it from the player's point of view. If the player out grows the academy he joined as a child then it's only right that he can move to somewhere that will enhance his potential and take it to higher levels. It's no different for kids in other walks of life who choose a university to exploit their potential rather than just enrol into the local college around the corner.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":1i5kqay4 said:
I'm not sure if Gallagher qualifies for any fees under EPPP rules because he moved to Southampton four months before the EPPP system started.

Well you're a bundle of laughs aren't you...

;)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":12b1qldz said:
PL2 3DQ":12b1qldz said:

;)

:)

If he doesn't qualify or payments are not back dated to before the EPPP started then the list of staggered payments from the Southampton fan rings even more true.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2scdwy6e said:
The Doctor":2scdwy6e said:
PL2 3DQ":2scdwy6e said:

;)

:)

If he doesn't qualify or payments are not back dated to before the EPPP started then the list of staggered payments from the Southampton fan rings even more true.

If he moved under the previous rules then you could very well be right Ian. Previously, the original academy club got very little until the player was sold on again.

Jul 29, 2010
So, over three days into this discussion it would appear we have achieved an inability to differentiate our ar5e from our elbows :lol:

Sep 15, 2012
Kentishgreen":kepuletw said:
And I thought our acedemy set up was crap and never produced anybody that was any good? Apart from Tyler Harvey.

You have got to be kidding
Tyler Harvey!
Who's Tyler Harvey!
Where is he now if he was that good
He thought he w better than he was
Your Steve Evans in disguise

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Qoo3939L":ay4gm5r4 said:
Kentishgreen":ay4gm5r4 said:

You have got to be kidding
Tyler Harvey!
Who's Tyler Harvey!
Where is he now if he was that good
He thought he w better than he was
Your Steve Evans in disguise
oi, i 'eard that.good to see you today colin.see you next week mate.

Aug 29, 2008
X Isle":2m5lppvx said:
So, over three days into this discussion it would appear we have achieved an inability to differentiate our ar5e from our elbows :lol:

Same as every other thread then? It's 3 weeks on the Carey thread

Aug 17, 2005
Not sure when it came into force but the football league clubs voted and accepted it on 11 October 2011. Sam left us April 2012. The part about the twenty per cent I obtained from the football association supporters website and will try to put up a link tonight. It had more or less the same information as the Southampton supporter said but said twenty per cent plus five per cent of any further transfers

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
signalspast":5u7qosj7 said:
Not sure when it came into force but the football league clubs voted and accepted it on 11 October 2011. Sam left us April 2012. The part about the twenty per cent I obtained from the football association supporters website and will try to put up a link tonight. It had more or less the same information as the Southampton supporter said but said twenty per cent plus five per cent of any further transfers

The EPPP came into effect for season 2012/2013, four months after Gallagher left us.
It might have been backdated.