Ryan Donaldson | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Donaldson

• Thread starter Cult Of Personality
  • Start date
Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
To pick up on Hubble's question... I think Donaldson, when he plays, would be better deployed in a wide role. He doesn't have enough about him to play in the middle of the park.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The problem I have with Donaldson, especially earlier in the season when his hair was a little more extravagent, is that he looks so much like a young Morrissey that I can't watch him play without expecting him to whip out a bunch of gladioli from his shorts.

Sep 6, 2006
MajorGreen":2tloyvu2 said:
To describe Ryan Donaldson as the worst midfielder ever to be seen in an Argyle shirt is harsh I agreed... I remember Adam King! Awful!

Nevertheless, I do agree that every time I have seen Donaldson play, he appears to always be playing at 75% capacity. He's neat and tidy on the ball, but is simply not brave enough to try something difference and is certainly not going to put his body on the line for the cause. He's a luxury player... but is simply not good enough to be that. Carey and Sarcevic are our creative influences, the rest of the side need to put a shift in... Donaldson doesn't have that in his makeup.

Adam King was playing in Tier 2 was he not?

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
"Scapegoat" and "Witch-hunt" spring to mind - words I'm not unfamiliar with on PASOTI over the years, even though the names may change with the passage of time.

Sep 6, 2006
kernow19":3d4r9725 said:
"Scapegoat" and "Witch-hunt" spring to mind - words I'm not unfamiliar with on PASOTI over the years, even though the names may change with the passage of time.

So if somebody is considered not very good(by quite a few posters) it is a witch hunt is it? We cant discuss it. He was a poor signing. Never looked up to it and contributes to our lack of Midfield options.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Balham_Green":2c0y5m8g said:
kernow19":2c0y5m8g said:

So if somebody is considered not very good(by quite a few posters) it is a witch hunt is it? We cant discuss it. He was a poor signing. Never looked up to it and contributes to our lack of Midfield options.

Certainly not deserving of the very harsh criticism he gets on here from certain quarters at times, IMVHO, of course.

Jul 17, 2011
I genuinely think the guy is just a hard worker- it's no coincidence he was one of DA first signings & he plays- screams out verbal agreement to me? " come here & you'll be my man " .

I can't stand him and think he offers very little- but he's not going to be amazing or he wouldn't be here. He's a league 2 player who has done his fair share. Interestingly though, tanner who is a natural replacement for sarcevic doesn't get a look in.

C

CADMAN

I really would love for him to play well. We are hopelessly short of cover in the middle.

Oct 31, 2015
To be fair he had a decent second half. Seemed to be the only trying along with Taylor to do something

Mar 23, 2008
The only player to give his all, might lack ability but showed up some of his team mates for endeavour.

Oct 16, 2016
What a pathetic thread, he was better than Fox tonight. Behind Taylor he was the best player

There's a number of reasons this city has never reached its potential, one of them is the fact many of its 'fans' are utterly clueless