Ryan Donaldson | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Donaldson

• Thread starter Cult Of Personality
  • Start date
Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Steve Evans":oygm4b7m said:
Plymouth85Green":oygm4b7m said:
Can someone please tell me what these 2 offer? Song'go is one of the worst CDM's I have ever seen! Tonight's performance really proves that and Donaldson is gutless and just as poor! They seem to just run around in circles doing nothing!
i think that is very harsh on yann.until tonight,in my opinion,he has been excellent and donaldson is an honest pro',a genuine fourth division player though but i don't put the defeat down to these two chaps.i think our tactics were a little negative,particularly after our great match against city and orient worked us out and had fantastic pace in their attack.i accept this defeat as orient were the better side on the night.
your wrong, they are both s###, if Songo had backed off any further he would have landed in the zoo

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
pearces greens":yba17sez said:
Steve Evans":yba17sez said:
Plymouth85Green":yba17sez said:
Can someone please tell me what these 2 offer? Song'go is one of the worst CDM's I have ever seen! Tonight's performance really proves that and Donaldson is gutless and just as poor! They seem to just run around in circles doing nothing!
i think that is very harsh on yann.until tonight,in my opinion,he has been excellent and donaldson is an honest pro',a genuine fourth division player though but i don't put the defeat down to these two chaps.i think our tactics were a little negative,particularly after our great match against city and orient worked us out and had fantastic pace in their attack.i accept this defeat as orient were the better side on the night.
your wrong, they are both s###, if Songo had backed off any further he would have landed in the zoo
i disagree but respect your immature riposte.

Aug 11, 2013
Whenever I see Donaldson I expect to finally see what DA sees in him and each time I'm left bewildered. Every performance is forgettable and he has no impact. Charging down the goalkeeper and stealing a goal all that time ago is the only memorable moment in a forgettable season. The new arrivals have only made him look an even worse player than I saw before. I just don't see he has any talent. He can't tackle. His passing is at best safe and has no goal threat. I'm convinced he may be related to DA in some way.

In hindsight totally the wrong sub.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
arrythewurzel":368adl4t said:
Whenever I see Donaldson I expect to finally see what DA sees in him and each time I'm left bewildered. Every performance is forgettable and he has no impact. Charging down the goalkeeper and stealing a goal all that time ago is the only memorable moment in a forgettable season. The new arrivals have only made him look an even worse player than I saw before. I just don't see he has any talent. He can't tackle. His passing is at best safe and has no goal threat. I'm convinced he may be related to DA in some way.

In hindsight totally the wrong sub.
'arry.i think donaldson is a genuine 4th division player but cast your mind back to saturday when he played that great first time ball through to jake to win the penalty.he isn't all good but he isn't all bad.

Mar 23, 2008
Think Adams needs to take responsibility for the wrong sub, he's an average player who let's games pass him by, he's the opposite to a traditional No.10 so a square peg in a round hole.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A harsh thread. Donaldson supplied the pass for the penalty against Exeter on Saturday, today he was the wrong choice to play in Sarcevic's position, which isn't his fault.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
As others said it was poor management.
Carey should have moved inside and either tanner or jervis on for sarcevic to take Carey's place on the wing.
That said if their neanderthal left back doesn't cripple sarcevic then there is no decision to make

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":2da8euc5 said:
A harsh thread. Donaldson supplied the pass for the penalty against Exeter on Saturday, today he was the wrong choice to play in Sarcevic's position, which isn't his fault.

I don't like the witchhunt tone of this thread, but I was surprised at the time that Sarcevic wasn't replaced with a like for like replacement in Tanner. It was a negative substitution to make so early in the game.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
IPA":yaie5gkn said:
When DM brought Donaldson on against Exeter I was surprised and worried. Conference player in my opinion.

Replacing Sarcevic with him was clueless. Why not move Carey into the middle and put Tanner wide right?

Once him, Sawyer and Bulvitis were on the pitch together we were always going to struggle.

Gobsmacked!

Absolutely correct, another DA shortcoming. Tanner must be exasperated. I feel a bit sorry for Donaldson, he doesn't seem to have the physical ability, to impose himself on a game, ends up chasing shadows. Probably playing one division to high. In any event, it was our awful defending that cost us tonight.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Weekest player we had was Songo. They knew if they ran at him they would pass him, he couldn't tackle, his body position when defending was too square so very easy to go past, afraid of making a tackle. Their equaliser at 1 each was partly down to him, backing off and backing. Good finish mind.

Donaldson bwas thrust into the role unnecessarily. Like for like would have been the option for me. Harsh to criticise him tbh

Feb 21, 2011
No surprise to see Donaldson slotted in there it was the safe option, personally I think as said we'd have moved Carey and put on Tanner our pace and guile would have seen us out of site before the ref lost the plot, Adams usually gets it right but against the likes of Orient we have enough about us to go out and pass them off the park and win by a decent margin.

C

CADMAN

PL2 3DQ":dccvbrjn said:
Perhaps someone could tell us where they think Donaldson's position is ?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Songo'o was excellent in his earlier season spell as a CDM. He seems to be struggling to re-adjust to the role after a decent spell at CB. He hasn't suddenly become a bad player.

Donaldson is a squad player IMO and for the most part hasn't let anyone down. Last night he was the wrong choice and the main cause of our lost momentum. Square peg, round hole but not his fault necessarily.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
To describe Ryan Donaldson as the worst midfielder ever to be seen in an Argyle shirt is harsh I agreed... I remember Adam King! Awful!

Nevertheless, I do agree that every time I have seen Donaldson play, he appears to always be playing at 75% capacity. He's neat and tidy on the ball, but is simply not brave enough to try something difference and is certainly not going to put his body on the line for the cause. He's a luxury player... but is simply not good enough to be that. Carey and Sarcevic are our creative influences, the rest of the side need to put a shift in... Donaldson doesn't have that in his makeup.