Rooney to Hartlepool (merged) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rooney to Hartlepool (merged)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
No doubt that when he gets his first goal for them you'll have people on here saying "why did we loan him there he could be here" even though that's exactly what we sent him there to do.

Well done to him for being MOTM today, great to see he's getting game time.

Feb 28, 2016
Cobi Budge":31xs1bjg said:
No doubt that when he gets his first goal for them you'll have people on here saying "why did we loan him there he could be here" even though that's exactly what we sent him there to do.

If his contract is up at the start of the season I can not for the life of me see what we get out of this, whilst I like the move for him on a personal level and I think it will be the making of him, however I cant see that'll benefit the club. If he does do well there and impresses and likes the area/club, do you not think it likely they'll offer him a contract for next season? Even if we are still in League 2, I think he would (and probably should) sign for them.

Then questions would have to be raised about why he wasn't given chance here. Good luck to him and great start to get MOTM read the BBC live text of the game read like he was lively (incidentally, the text for Bristol C Vs. Rotherham read like Purrington had a very good game, backed up with reports I've heard back from people who were there, despite them losing.)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
MarkMatthews":onnx9aw7 said:
Cobi Budge":onnx9aw7 said:

If his contract is up at the start of the season I can not for the life of me see what we get out of this, whilst I like the move for him on a personal level and I think it will be the making of him, however I cant see that'll benefit the club. If he does do well there and impresses and likes the area/club, do you not think it likely they'll offer him a contract for next season? Even if we are still in League 2, I think he would (and probably should) sign for them.

Then questions would have to be raised about why he wasn't given chance here. Good luck to him and great start to get MOTM read the BBC live text of the game read like he was lively (incidentally, the text for Bristol C Vs. Rotherham read like Purrington had a very good game, backed up with reports I've heard back from people who were there, despite them losing.)
Likewise Rooney. I had a few mates who went and would have gone myself, but didn't expect him to start. Unlucky not to get a brace by the sounds of it and was awarded man of the match.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I'm sure if we were happy with mid table mediocrity Rooney would be playing with us. Good luck to him, hope he wins a contract, he's not good enough, in a position we use, for us at the moment.

Oct 16, 2016
It's interesting (one of the most interesting aspects of following football) how people view players differently.

Rooney? Quality young player, not yet given too much game time (IMO)

Garita, bulvitis? Absolutely inept 'footballers' not worth a sock let alone a shirt

Opinions......mine

Jul 29, 2010
John_Doe":1wgrzpqe said:
Why is this in old boys when he's still contracted by Argyle? Glad to hear he played well today.
I agree, odd.

Surely he's gone out to gain valuable first team experience with the aim of coming back as a more viable option for Argyle than he currently is.

Putting him in the 'former players' catagory suggests he has left, never to return. I spent ages on the main board looking for this thread. It makes no sense to have it here, most of us want to monitor his progress...as a CURRENT Argyle player out on loan.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wasn't involved in moving it, but it makes sense to me in a PASOTI way (not a logical one).

As he's a current loanee, this will stay at the top end of a less used forum.

Far easier to find on a weekly basis.

Hope that makes sense.

Nov 18, 2011
Mark Pedlar":11hnjqvm said:
I'm sure if we were happy with mid table mediocrity Rooney would be playing with us. Good luck to him, hope he wins a contract, he's not good enough, in a position we use, for us at the moment.

I imagine we'll be offering him a contact, probably on similar terms to what he's on now. This would be so we get compensation if he decides to move somewhere else.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
He could be playing his part in helping us get promoted if he can score goals that take points from the chasing pack. Good luck to the lad I say.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I don't know if Tyler was playing for Truro City tonight but they lost 5-0 to Hungerford. Maybe he was on his way to Hartlepool.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
davie nine":pkvwrx5p said:
I don't know if Tyler was playing for Truro City tonight but they lost 5-0 to Hungerford. Maybe he was on his way to Hartlepool.

No he wasn't playing...and I'm not sure an approach from Hartlepool would interest Tyler if I'm honest (although I don't see this happening)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Stuart House":2vj1m2yh said:
Can't do links but gillingham have released a statement saying bondz ngala can't play for them as new regulations class the National League as a professional club, and he'll fall foul of two club rule.

Will this effect Rooney?
I was told by a Football League representative that youth loans don't count against the FIFA ruling and as he joined Truro on a youth loan he was free to play for another club.