Reuben - to Pompey (Cook - "No deal") | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben - to Pompey (Cook - "No deal")

C

Cobi Budge.

No.

I don't think Smalley is a brilliant footballer, I just think he's much better than people make him out to be.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Just asking because you seem to have something against Reid and will criticise him a lot but yet you're the first to defend smalley who isnt that much better than Rhys griffiths

C

Cobi Budge.

The reason being I think Reid is (at times) over-hyped and Smalley is (at times) under-hyped, I just try to provide some balance, doesn't mean I think Smalley is the better player.

We have a good selection of forwards this season, Reid, Jervis, Smalley, Brunt, Harvey & Rooney, I like the look of them all & it'll be a good problem to have.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Reid isn't over hyped and if he is then that's fair enough as he is after all the only striker in years and years to get us 40 goals in 2 seasons.

Smalley isn't fit enough to lace Reuben's boots let alone play in them.

C

Cobi Budge.

Each to their own. But to me, Smalley is a decent player for this level and while he's not an obvious starter, he provides a good option.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Hope Reid stays, he has been vital for the last couple years, that said, this is the first time for a while there wouldn't be a massive gaping hole in our team if Reid went.

Jun 8, 2014
Cobi Budge.":1bvk36kb said:
I'd take an exchange for Tubbs.

Based on what? The statistics? Fact is barely anyone on this site sees the players for opposition teams more than twice a season maximum, hardly enough to warrant that conclusion.

Sep 2, 2008
edmonds200":s6684jxa said:
Time for Mr Brent and the board to stay strong me thinks...

In this day and age if a player wants to go then there's virtually no stopping them. Not a lot that Mr Brent and the board can do if a player has his heart set on a move.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
He wouldn't go if we lengthened his contract and added a little bit extra I reckon...I don't think Reuben is desperate to go unlike conor but perhaps he is getting peed off with the ridiculous lazy and fat label some of our so called supporters put on him. The same as they did with Sylvan and BWP (lazy apparently) Mackie (headless) etc etc You don't realise what you got until its gone..Where are we going to get a guaranteed 20 goals from?????????????

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Reuben is the best forward we have had in years, it would be an utter travesty if we lost him, especially if it was because some of our so called fans don't really have a clue about the game they watch week in week out.

We will not find a replacement for Reuben he is THE best in the league, fact. I cannot believe I have just read that someone would swap him for Tubbs, in other news Alan Sugar is looking to trade in his Bentley because he quite fancies his driver driving him around in 10 year old Peugeot instead.

Some people really don't see a good thing until they've driven it away :facepalm: