Portsmouth | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Portsmouth

Feb 2, 2007
More than happy for giving up a top promo berth when In exchange for destroying another teams play off dreams!

So envious that we are considered a "rival" to a club of Pompey's undoubted "stature". We are in very esteemed company indeed. Big budget Pompey, links with Mickey Mouse, I can barely contain my excitement.

WE MUST BE ON THE UP PEOPLE, WE MUST!

GREENS ARE GOING UP, GREENS ARE GOING UP.

Nice to go up unbeaten against all the other auto teams too- Pompey must have managed that too... oh wait... oh well, can't have everything- they'll learn :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
landons forehead":5ov79ccr said:
Could be out celebrating, instead on our messageboard giving it the big one. You, sir, are truly one of life's winners.

He won't gloating anymore tonight, I've taken him off for a while. :thumbs:

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Congratulations to Pompey , Pop1eye , after 46 games you are Champions , therefore you deserve it, as for the minor gloat to start this thread , i feel some of our posters deserve that . Both our clubs and Donny will be battling away in League 1 next season, though quite possibly Pompey will be doing so with a large millstone of expectancy hanging round their neck , due to the impending takeover . Would be great if all our clubs can compete near the top of league 1 and we can be as irritable and frustrating for you again next season , all the best DP.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Portsmouth and Southampton fans make it so hard to be gracious I don't know what it is about Hampshire as an area. I remember the pain of going down as Newcastle went up but the geordies were doing nothing but celebrating their success with many realising quite quickly how inappropriate it all was (not all granted). When Southampton went up as we went down the difference was tangible in how they revelled in our demise in almost complete indifference to celebrating their own success.

Pompey are a similar animal. Always had a soft spot over southampton's wannabe big boys but they're no better really. It's a shame really as they would have my respect were it not for their need to constantly tell me why I should have it

May 16, 2016
Pompey got their 34 Minutes of fame today. Well done to them for that. Needed us and Donny to help them but there you go, can't hold that against them.

Why they've spent a Season of attempted gloating, seething and trying to Lord it over us after a 15 minute spell at the end of last years Playoff semi (which they would have done the same in a role reversal) I'll never know.

Aug 15, 2008
heres a pompey fan on the bbc -

If there's an article on a small club with like 1000 fans max getting relegated then why isn't there a HYS on Portsmouth winning the title by scoring 6 goals.

Portsmouth are a premier league team. They deserve A HYS

Hartlepool is only famous because Jeff Stelling, if it wasn't for him nobody would know the club

Aug 15, 2008
the hartlepool match report comment section. im argyle73 on that forum so you can see my riposte

Mar 14, 2009
I must say Paul Cook was very dignified in losing to us last season. He also was very humble after the draw at Fratton recently. So well done to him.

His teams try to play good football. Its barmy that Pompey fans wanted him out during the course of this season but that just shows you how this season has ebbed and flowed.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
One to remember for Quiz nights. Pompey have become only the fourth club to get the full set of winning titles at all four tiers. Burnley, Preston and Wolves being the other three.

Edited to add: Just realised Sheffield United by winning League One this season became the fourth so there are now five.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":39lxdgzw said:
One to remember for Quiz nights. Pompey have become only the fourth club to get the full set of winning titles at all four tiers. Burnley, Preston and Wolves being the other three.

Learn to read the room or pee off for a while.

May 16, 2016
Lets face it, a lot of their Fans are Kn8bs, even in real life away from the keyboard and the game. I've met a few over the years, definitely a Hampshire thing.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I would genuinely love to see this new owner (on the horizon) completely mismanage them and for them to go bust. Then they could ejaculate over their gigantic crowds whilst playing in the Hampshire Sunday League. Best fans in the lower leagues but also totally detestable.

May 16, 2016
He'll realise his mistake when he starts talking about not yet visiting the Mayflower Steps on the Portsmouth Barbican, or just where on Southsea did Drake play Bowls ?

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Guiri Green":1v6g4g3x said:
Lets face it, a lot of their Fans are Kn8bs, even in real life away from the keyboard and the game. I've met a few over the years, definitely a Hampshire thing.
They sure are an obsessive, mixed up bunch.
Mind you their journey to this point is the same as Argyle's, times ten.
Think about it. Less than 10 years ago they were a pretty damn good Premier League team, FA Cup winners and had players like Prince Boeteng etc, etc playing for them.
Their main South Coast rivals (Saints, Brighton and Bournemouth) were at least a couple of leagues below them.
But boy, oh boy, didn't they let them know about it. They gloated from the rooftops (sound familiar).

Now that our dear pals Brighton have gone up, Making it a full set of Pumpey rivals in the top league they just can't handle it.
In a very short space of time Pompous have gone from being the South Coast's 'Billy big bollox' to 'Sammy small time'. And I'll say it again, they just can't handle it.
On the BBC's South Coast news & sport programme Pumpey are fourth in the pecking order. It's eating them up.
The gloating, arrogance and lack of class is in their DNA. Ever since we done 'em in the Play offs last year they have become obsessed with us. They'll deny it of course.

May 16, 2016
Ghost":1insbldf said:
Guiri Green":1insbldf said:
They sure are an obsessive, mixed up bunch.
Mind you their journey to this point is the same as Argyle's, times ten.
Think about it. Less than 10 years ago they were a pretty damn good Premier League team, FA Cup winners and had players like Prince Boeteng etc, etc playing for them.
Their main South Coast rivals (Saints, Brighton and Bournemouth) were at least a couple of leagues below them.
But boy, oh boy, didn't they let them know about it. They gloated from the rooftops (sound familiar).

Now that our dear pals Brighton have gone up, Making it a full set of Pumpey rivals in the top league they just can't handle it.
In a very short space of time Pompous have gone from being the South Coast's 'Billy big bollox' to 'Sammy small time'. And I'll say it again, they just can't handle it.
On the BBC's South Coast news & sport programme Pumpey are fourth in the pecking order. It's eating them up.
The gloating, arrogance and lack of class is in their DNA. Ever since we done 'em in the Play offs last year they have become obsessed with us. They'll deny it of course.

That's probably why they have such good attendances for the 4th Division, they get to be the 'Top Dogs' and genuinely have something to brag about over all the little fish with their less than impressive crowds. The opportunity to Lord it over everyone will diminish if they start to progress up the Leagues.

The majority of comments on the FB live feeds yesterday were from Pompey fans, making snidey comments. I said elsewhere, it looked pre arranged, if it was it just shows how low their lowlife can get.

Big Chips.