Play offs | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play offs

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Everyone I have spoken to who was there said the atmosphere was flat from the off. No lifting of the team and consequently the players didn't produce. Is that not a fair reflection?

Mar 23, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":31bb1use said:
Everyone I have spoken to who was there said the atmosphere was flat from the off. No lifting of the team and consequently the players didn't produce. Is that not a fair reflection?
Big Sam doesn't love you anymore, don't be bitter and cheer up and stop being jealous as we took more to Wembley than Palace would.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Deacster":1pbsnflg said:
Lundan Cabbie":1pbsnflg said:
Big Sam doesn't love you anymore, don't be bitter and cheer up and stop being jealous as we took more to Wembley than Palace would.

Hahahaha..... Argyle took half my street most of who are Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool fans.

Wait until it is one ticket per member ;)

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Lundan Cabbie":20uupewv said:

More the other way round - the team were poor from the off and didn't give the fans anything to cheer about!

Jun 2, 2016
Last year was a classic scenario of Argyle and the fans enjoying the day out. Suits measured, swanky hotel..I.e. preparation completely different to all the away games that had got us to the play offs in the first place.
The key to a Wembley game is concentrating on one thing. The result. Doesn't matter what you do or how you get there. Just win.
I was there. The fans were up for it. But the players froze. We still haven't heard why. Doesn't really matter now but if we ever get there again DA would not do things the same way I am sure.
IMHO it was the players that failed to get the fans going, not the other way around.

mervyn":267uue0m said:
Got my tickets for the league 2 final, Blackpool end. At the end of last year's final my son-in-law (sadly a Tottenham supporter) suggested, as we left the ground trying to cheer me up, that the following year if argyle got automatic promotion, then we should return and enjoy the game as neutrals, feeling smug with Tottenham as champions and argyle already up. Sadly for hiim his lot didn't make it, but he kept his word and got the tickets. Can't wait.

All most enjoyable, but what a shame to see so many empty seats. Total crowd was just over 23,000. shame that the Oyston's of all people have outdone a fans owned club, and I would rather a journey to Sid James than Blackpool, but nice to watch when not giving a stuff who finally wins. I think Blackpool deserved it.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":2y4d6xr8 said:
It shouldn't be reactionary at Wembley. EVERYONE has their part to play.

Tell you what. Why don't you find a pals arse forum to infect.

Oct 16, 2016
I watched all the pay offs this week, and the FA cup, was at Wembley obviously last year

What was patently obvious was the fitness standards of the league clubs V prem clubs..
Do professional, full time footballers in the league have any excuses for being so unfit compared to the Prem players?