Play offs | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play offs

P

Perran Green

Is that the time the players coach got stoned while leaving the ground after Argyle had the temerity to beat them 2-1, thus spoiling their home run of unbeaten games.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The very same. They got in a right two and eight because an ex milkman ruined their chances of beating the league record which I believe still stands.

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":15f0hy8h said:
The very same. They got in a right two and eight because an ex milkman ruined their chances of beating the league record which I believe still stands.

I was there that day. This was before segregation. Never been so frightened in my life

Walking back to the station, along the old Kent road, we were continually stopped, and asked questions, as they were seeking to find out our accents, they then beat us up.

Bunch of thugs, my 60 year old father was attacked, inside the ground.

Mar 23, 2008
Remember our first home game after promotion to league 1 under Warnock and we played Millwall at home. Fairly average game, finished as a draw and saw a group of their fans getting back on the bus with their shirts off and blood all over them. Has no place in football.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
You would like to think the authorities be it the FA or police would do something about these people but it never has changed and never will. It is one of those games where unless you're prepared to fight you shouldn't really go to, this shouldn't be allowed to happen at a sporting event but sadly it does.

May 16, 2016
I was surprised by the apparent lack of stewards. I understand that the current Wembley doesn't normally see such invasions and generally it's not the 'done thing' there, but you'd expect such a high profile place to have better contingency plans.

Sep 25, 2010
Guiri Green":11zmvade said:
I was surprised by the apparent lack of stewards. I understand that the current Wembley doesn't normally see such invasions and generally it's not the 'done thing' there, but you'd expect such a high profile place to have better contingency plans.

Especially with Millwall in town, didn't they wreck some seating last time they were there.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Martyn":3ip9xswi said:
IJN":3ip9xswi said:

I was there that day. This was before segregation. Never been so frightened in my life

Walking back to the station, along the old Kent road, we were continually stopped, and asked questions, as they were seeking to find out our accents, they then beat us up.

I left the ground that day trying to look glum (for personal safety of course).....down the cobbled Cold Blow Lane... under the railway arches towards Deptford Park where I had parked......got in the car and drove towards Evelyn Street and on towards Greenwich.....only then did I shout out....YES...YES...YES....never had I ever been to an away game where the result was going to be defeat.....only two away points up till then ....and playing a team unbeaten in the league for 59 games......that's what dreams are made of.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Princerock":2azujc87 said:
Martyn":2azujc87 said:
IJN":2azujc87 said:

I left the ground that day trying to look glum (for personal safety of course).....down the cobbled Cold Blow Lane... under the railway arches towards Deptford Park where I had parked......got in the car and drove towards Evelyn Street and on towards Greenwich.....only then did I shout out....YES...YES...YES....never had I ever been to an away game where the result was going to be defeat.....only two away points up till then ....and playing a team unbeaten in the league for 59 games......that's what dreams are made of.

We all were beaten up.

Got my tickets for the league 2 final, Blackpool end. At the end of last year's final my son-in-law (sadly a Tottenham supporter) suggested, as we left the ground trying to cheer me up, that the following year if argyle got automatic promotion, then we should return and enjoy the game as neutrals, feeling smug with Tottenham as champions and argyle already up. Sadly for hiim his lot didn't make it, but he kept his word and got the tickets. Can't wait.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mervyn":2y2mxxri said:
Got my tickets for the league 2 final, Blackpool end. At the end of last year's final my son-in-law (sadly a Tottenham supporter) suggested, as we left the ground trying to cheer me up, that the following year if argyle got automatic promotion, then we should return and enjoy the game as neutrals, feeling smug with Tottenham as champions and argyle already up. Sadly for hiim his lot didn't make it, but he kept his word and got the tickets. Can't wait.

Mmmmm .. weekend in London, match at Wembley, no 'pressure', watching Mellor score the winner, against Execececeter .... if Carlsberg did weekends ..... :lol: :thumbs: :scarf:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Deacster":3qnu6vkn said:
Remember our first home game after promotion to league 1 under Warnock and we played Millwall at home. Fairly average game, finished as a draw and saw a group of their fans getting back on the bus with their shirts off and blood all over them. Has no place in football.

I'm out with limited access to internet, are you sure it was Millwall? I was working offshore in NZ at the time but thought Milwall was a few matches into season? Could someone with easy access to GOS pse confirm?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":3rvfhrqi said:

You can have loads of Wembley trips with your son next season :)