Orient fan in peace... | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Orient fan in peace...

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
memory man":143pvgym said:
Fergy":143pvgym said:
lipsonlad67":143pvgym said:
memory man":143pvgym said:
Orient Tiger":143pvgym said:
Thanks for th largely positive messages peeps. Obviously it was confirmed today and the reality is we'll be playing Maidenhead utd next season...who I watched beat Truro last week. However, on speaking to mates today it seems that relegation isn't even the main issue as there's a real chance we'll be liquidated soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Orient as an AFC playing in the London Spartan league next season...

I was of course at HP for our win a couple of months back. Whilst I agree there were some 'iffy' tackles and they were over zealous I think it was more of a case of an inexperienced young team desperate to win at all costs - back then we had a chance of getting out of it. We've never produced teams who play in an unsportsmanlike way in the years I've been going and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who'd say different- I think that night was a one off. All the managers we've had (the 'manager of the month' is actually a job title at Orient) have been working under impossible conditions with no support staff and have either resigned or been sacked if they spoke out, as have all the back room team. Even some senior players have either frozen out by Bechetti or they've bailed out themselves. It's an awful mess.

I feel for everyone today, the guy has literally run us into the ground. Still, I'll be up at Blackpool for our final game as a league club along with all my orient mates to witness 115 yrs of league history officially come to an end...and I now hope that Torquay stay up so I at least have a Devon game if we still exist next season!

Congratulations once again, I hope you win the title - though I have to say Donny are the best team in this league - but all of the top 3 deserve to be where they are.

Cheers.
So sad. Like "oddball" earlier I recall the 61/62 season where we were both engaged in the fight for the second promotion place. Liverpool were out of sight. As Orient began to falter we fell off a cliff. It went to the last day but Leyton Orient held their nerve. Although I recall being disappointed I was really pleased that our failure had seen a "proper club" join the elite. There was a marvellous Orient book written about that season and the one that followed. The book was called "A Season In the Sun", a title that always amused me. That 1962-63 season that you spent in the top tier was anything but - it saw the worst weather interruptions on record. You lost 5-1 at Filbert Street on Boxing Day 1962 and did not play again until 11 Feb 63. I make it that if you do get relegated it will mean that Leyton Orient will become the second former top tier club to fall into the fifth tier. Luton Town are the other club. They are back so try and draw some inspiration from that. Good luck and I hope something happens that will turn the tide next season.

Carlisle too.

And Grimsby.
Thank you lipson lad for Carlisle and Fergy for Grimsby - a particularly good call! They had 10 seasons in the top tier, 8 of them prior to WW2. For some reason I thought Northampton had made the same journey but they just appear to have had a number of close calls.

Oxford Utd

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
John Cooper":32o2v8bm said:
memory man":32o2v8bm said:
Fergy":32o2v8bm said:
lipsonlad67":32o2v8bm said:
memory man":32o2v8bm said:
Orient Tiger":32o2v8bm said:
Thanks for th largely positive messages peeps. Obviously it was confirmed today and the reality is we'll be playing Maidenhead utd next season...who I watched beat Truro last week. However, on speaking to mates today it seems that relegation isn't even the main issue as there's a real chance we'll be liquidated soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Orient as an AFC playing in the London Spartan league next season...

I was of course at HP for our win a couple of months back. Whilst I agree there were some 'iffy' tackles and they were over zealous I think it was more of a case of an inexperienced young team desperate to win at all costs - back then we had a chance of getting out of it. We've never produced teams who play in an unsportsmanlike way in the years I've been going and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who'd say different- I think that night was a one off. All the managers we've had (the 'manager of the month' is actually a job title at Orient) have been working under impossible conditions with no support staff and have either resigned or been sacked if they spoke out, as have all the back room team. Even some senior players have either frozen out by Bechetti or they've bailed out themselves. It's an awful mess.

I feel for everyone today, the guy has literally run us into the ground. Still, I'll be up at Blackpool for our final game as a league club along with all my orient mates to witness 115 yrs of league history officially come to an end...and I now hope that Torquay stay up so I at least have a Devon game if we still exist next season!

Congratulations once again, I hope you win the title - though I have to say Donny are the best team in this league - but all of the top 3 deserve to be where they are.

Cheers.
So sad. Like "oddball" earlier I recall the 61/62 season where we were both engaged in the fight for the second promotion place. Liverpool were out of sight. As Orient began to falter we fell off a cliff. It went to the last day but Leyton Orient held their nerve. Although I recall being disappointed I was really pleased that our failure had seen a "proper club" join the elite. There was a marvellous Orient book written about that season and the one that followed. The book was called "A Season In the Sun", a title that always amused me. That 1962-63 season that you spent in the top tier was anything but - it saw the worst weather interruptions on record. You lost 5-1 at Filbert Street on Boxing Day 1962 and did not play again until 11 Feb 63. I make it that if you do get relegated it will mean that Leyton Orient will become the second former top tier club to fall into the fifth tier. Luton Town are the other club. They are back so try and draw some inspiration from that. Good luck and I hope something happens that will turn the tide next season.

Carlisle too.

And Grimsby.
Thank you lipson lad for Carlisle and Fergy for Grimsby - a particularly good call! They had 10 seasons in the top tier, 8 of them prior to WW2. For some reason I thought Northampton had made the same journey but they just appear to have had a number of close calls.

Oxford Utd

Oxford Utd, of course.

Another : Bradford Park Avenue weren't re-elected in 1970 and dropped to the 5th tier (Northern Premier). They had played top flight football too.

On another thread about Red Cards, it shows that we had had quite a poor record when we were scrapping at the bottom, so rash tackles and a little "over exuberance" should be expected (that in no way excuses the ball-boy incident).

Loads of my mates in Braintree are Os fans and I wish the team well, hope you survive and return to the mainstream soon.

Good Luck

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Keepitgreen":2zbjy24w said:

That's a poor statement which basically says it's not the fault of the EFL authorities and they admit their Owners and Directors Test is a complete waste of time.

Oct 20, 2015
Orient Tiger":7c4ryicu said:

Cheers.

Re: AFC. Look at Wimbledon! Much as it pains me to say so, they deserved the win at Wembley against us and have settled comfortably into life in League 1 - as an AFC. It will take time, but there are enough people who care about Orient football that something, anything will be rescued from the ashes of the club. As you have rightly said, things are likely to get worse before they get better - but you have big support and rich history on your side.

Regarding the Home Park game v Orient - this was the worst display by a team, home or away, this season - and I include Wycombe in this assessment. Result was a player suspension for pushing over a ball-boy, not what O's needed for survival. I am in two minds as to how to assess - part of me thinks it's 'death throes' of a club in dire trouble, and therefore we must be sympathetic. Another part of me thinks it's the worst interpretation of our beautiful game and unforgiveable (along with the referee's mistakes) in the end result.

Clearly the Orient team behaviour on that night is not the responsibility of the OP - just as we in PASOTI cannot influence DA's tactics (much as we'd like to). But as some have said there is, unfortunately, slightly less sympathy with Orient's plight within PL postcodes due to the disgraceful display that night.

For my part I wish Orient the best of luck and I am saddened and frustrated by the lack of legislation and checks to prevent this sort of owner behaviour. Without major changes in FA rules and regulations it's only a matter of time before it happens to another club.

Apr 27, 2009
Andy_Tall":3e1wdk1f said:
Although not the same - Wimbledon were top flight and then phoenix club in non league

I remember them winning a cup in the early nineties and Bobby Gould paraded it through Portishead (he lived there) and bought it to our school for us to see

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Stonehouse Mike":1ws4ehkq said:
Andy_Tall":1ws4ehkq said:
Although not the same - Wimbledon were top flight and then phoenix club in non league

I remember them winning a cup in the early nineties and Bobby Gould paraded it through Portishead (he lived there) and bought it to our school for us to see

I am sure it was the early 80'S when Wimbledon won the FA Cup with Beasant their keeper saving a Liverpool penalty