Next Season's Kits (locked thread) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Season's Kits (locked thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2010
dunlop":12sd37br said:
Good riddance to the camofcamouflage home strip ,next season's home kit will have at least one white stripe.
Same as this season's then :wink:

Jul 29, 2010
My first shirt that one, aaaww.

...but can we please stop referring to everything last century as being "proper green". There have been many 'greens' in our history, there is no 'one true green'.

Besides, any of our number who happens to be about 25 or under probably knows no different to the current green. To them some mythical historic 'green' is as alien as newspapers for shin pads and heavy leather footballs.

There's an arrogance to 'proper' that is misplaced, it assumes legitimacy, a universally agreed definitive green. That has never been the case.

I suspect you all mean 'emerald green', so why not simply call it that?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Even you can admit, Smiffy, that the current shirts aren't obviously green from any sort of distance

In that sense, proper green to me would be anything that is actually obviously green. Unlike the current shade.

Brighter green is hardly an alien colour to anyone, is it? If you look around Home Park, the youngsters you speak of that aren't wearing the official shirt are likely to be wearing lighter green adidas, Nike etc sportswear as an alternative means of support and fitting in. Quite simply...lighter green looks better, is more green and at the very least would sell plenty of shirts as a nice change. No brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.