Kyle Letheren | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kyle Letheren

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
Letheren has done absolutely nothing wrong in any of the matches that he's played in. Therefore, he deserves to keep his place at least until he does..............

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Luke absolutely doesnā€™t walk straight back in. Kyle hasnā€™t put a foot wrong so nothing should change.

The same as the Songoā€™o Vs Bradley debate.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Fantastic to have a backup keeper who can be relied on as well.
If we had been closing down a bit faster and not sat back, would have had a clean sheet yesterday. Nothing he could do about that strike.

Apr 12, 2016
To be fair if I was Letheren and I got dropped on current form simply because Luke has recovered full fitness I would be seriously hacked off. The good thing is we do now have quality competition for the no.1 spot. Two good keepers who will keep each other on their toes

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
monkeywrench":iqzrnx6t said:
IJN":iqzrnx6t said:
philmeboots":iqzrnx6t said:
Yeah I quite like him, but didnā€™t think that he should have been beaten for the goal. It came from a long way out and wasnā€™t hit with much force.

I think the sun had something to do with it Phil.

I was right in line with the goal Ian, the player bent it round, the keeper had absolutely no chance believe me.
Agreed. I too was right in line and it was a fantastic goal - he meant to do it, looked up and deliberately bent it right into the corner. It was as good as Carey's more spectacular goal in terms of skill. No chance for Letheren.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The first time Luke's had competition for a starting spot since Jake Cole left. He's going to have to be patient and wait for his opportunity again.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Luke comes straight back in for me. Literally the first name on the teamsheet.

He's saved us more points than Carey, for example has gained us over the past season or two.

He's an outstanding keeper and we are fortunate to have him.

Nov 25, 2015
Iā€™m not convinced by Letheren, heā€™s done a very decent job as back-up but I donā€™t think heā€™s capable of the match defining saves that Luke is.
Personally I think he should have saved their equaliser yesterday, and Iā€™m pretty sure Luke would have stopped it.
Itā€™s good to have such a decent back-up but thatā€™s all he is for me, so Luke should come straight back in once heā€™s fit.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":19al3ces said:
philmeboots":19al3ces said:
Yeah I quite like him, but didnā€™t think that he should have been beaten for the goal. It came from a long way out and wasnā€™t hit with much force.

I think the sun had something to do with it Phil.

No excuse not wearing a cap looking into a low sun. Luke is no better in that regard.

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
PL2 3DQ":18rs9s8p said:
I like him, he commands his area and is an organiser, although he is yet to keep a clean sheet or experience winning a game.

By saving a penalty against Exeter...he did actually win the game.

Apr 3, 2010
Jannerbear":jg1vm79h said:
Iā€™m not convinced by Letheren, heā€™s done a very decent job as back-up but I donā€™t think heā€™s capable of the match defining saves that Luke is.
Personally I think he should have saved their equaliser yesterday, and Iā€™m pretty sure Luke would have stopped it.
Itā€™s good to have such a decent back-up but thatā€™s all he is for me, so Luke should come straight back in once heā€™s fit.

I've seen the goal on the highlights and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't of saved it, if you're going down that route I don't think Letheran would of messed up for Doncasters 2nd goal which effectively killed the game absolutely basic keeping.

McCormick never seems to get critiscm his way when he makes a costly error. Good keeper but far from faultless.

Letheran has proven everyone wrong so far including myself he's done nothing worthy of being dropped in my opinion.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Jannerbear":1tm7mtcz said:

I don't anyone see Peterboroughd first off Sawyers leg ? Shouldnhave saved it in my opinion although at Bury he made some sublime saves but has always made mistakes even way back remember him dropping one in at Tranmere as a youngster when we were leading ! Lost the game 2-1 if memory serves me right