Interest in Bradley | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Interest in Bradley

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
We should be offering longer contracts to our best players, despite the unlikely truth of this rumour, come summer we'll have a Bradley will he stay thread this time.

May 8, 2011
PlymOdi":3bftgrpe said:
We should be offering longer contracts to our best players, despite the unlikely truth of this rumour, come summer we'll have a Bradley will he stay thread this time.

We gave him a 2 year contract back in July 2016, without hindsight how long a contract would you have given him?

I'm sure if his form is a good as last year then the Club will seek to open negotiations on a new contract quite early, but as we saw from Carey the player can say he wants to wait before talking about contracts.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
HC Green":11tl5kv7 said:
PlymOdi":11tl5kv7 said:

We gave him a 2 year contract back in July 2016, without hindsight how long a contract would you have given him?

I'm sure if his form is a good as last year then the Club will seek to open negotiations on a new contract quite early, but as we saw from Carey the player can say he wants to wait before talking about contracts.

I think he means we should be offering extensions now... not that we should have originally offered more. He's right, in my opinion.

The club should be looking to extend Bradley & Threlkeld now, with Sarcevic and Taylor amongst others to follow if they start strongly.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Nobby":2be7f4zs said:
HC Green":2be7f4zs said:
PlymOdi":2be7f4zs said:

I think he means we should be offering extensions now... not that we should have originally offered more. He's right, in my opinion.

The club should be looking to extend Bradley & Threlkeld now, with Sarcevic and Taylor amongst others to follow if they start strongly.

I do mean extensions now, yes. I worded it poorly I admit.
Players like Bradley with 12 months left, offer an additional 12 months.

I personally don't mind the 12m+12m contracts we offer if when a player has proven himself we offer more.

Apr 8, 2014
I think this is a bit knee jerk. He had a great season last year but let's cast our minds back to that oil tanker moment at Notts County. It was league two... playing devils advocat but what if we give him a 2 year deal now he falls out of favour, struggles in league one and we end up going up again? Let's see how he copes with league one first.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
shortbred":1zla2cxv said:
I think this is a bit knee jerk. He had a great season last year but let's cast our minds back to that oil tanker moment at Notts County. It was league two... playing devils advocat but what if we give him a 2 year deal now he falls out of favour, struggles in league one and we end up going up again? Let's see how he copes with league one first.

If we gave him a 2 year deal, and he had a bad season, plenty of L2 and some L1 clubs would be open to attempting to lure him away for free or a small fee to turn his fortunes around again. That's pretty much the nature of lower leagues.

Don't give him a new deal, and he has another blinding season, we potentially lose him to someone else for nothing, and have a 70 page thread about where he's going to end up.

Feb 8, 2005
Will he make it in League One, or not?

Will he take the step up, or not?

Offer new contract or not offer new contract?

You pays your money and you takes your chance.

I think I would wait until he starts playing in the higher league before I make any decisions about offers of new contract (and therefore higher pay)!!!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
No rush he's done nothing before he came and if we push on can't see him wanting to risk his career after 2 good reasons think he owes Adam's more than carey does and threforeba half decent offer at christmas hr would consider

B

BlackCountryGreen

davie nine":3mg2o1tg said:
He did well in the 2 Liverpool games. Impressed more than Graham Carey on those occasions.

Didn't impress Emre Can too much with his wet willy though....... :funny: :lol: