Graham Carey signs new contract! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey signs new contract!

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
X Isle":uoykrvgz said:
Fan-bleddy-tastic :scarf:

Welcome back GC10, best news of the summer and all the best for your impending arrival.

Now, to the rest of you...

To the mercenary Janner attitudes amongst our number who early doors wrote off the chances of this happening because you judged him on your own standards...he'll take the money, he'll get out of Plymouth, that's what I'd do. He didn't, he didn't and he isn't you. I explained why there were other things for him to consider and was pooh poohed. So many of you dismissed the possibility of this happening because someone else was bound to offer more money and none those considered Plymouth is actually a fantastic place to live and his professional life is better served under DA. You were wrong.

To those who questioned his professionalism and integrity because he maintained a dignified silence throughout, where was the criticism of Gary Sawyer yesterday who did the exact same thing... waited 'til he came back for training and signed when he did. You too were wrong.

To those, like me, who could see the benefit of staying to him and could see that the longer this went on was MORE encouraging not less encouraging, you were right.

This is a victory for patience, a victory for keeping your head not losing your head.

It is done, the man is back, and whilst it is unlikely to be disclosed it's probably for at least two years. Let us rejoice primarily but let lessons be learned by those who doubt Argyle, those with week knees, those who project the mercenary tendencies in their own lives onto others.

Get in :scarf:

I was going to post the "I told you so" but knew you would be preparing a response and would revel in it much more than I!!

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

Massive sign of intent, immediately with that one signing, I starting to believe we won't be making up the numbers, but could have a real go. Playoffs would be my target. August can't come soon enough.

Aug 15, 2008
Given Argyles track record historically of losing key players I'm not surprised many thought he would go.

Fantastic and very unexpected news!!!!! Thank you GC10!

Onwards and undoubtedly upwards!!

Green Army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was certain he'd be off, at 28 this will be his last good contract. I guess Argyle must have made him a good offer and he must enjoy being at Argyle and working for DA.

It will be very tough this season but with GC in our midfield we have one of the best players in the league again :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :nworthy:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I assume it is at least two years to get him to sign.

The financial package must be competitive (a good sign)

Would assume there is a release clause (or two) in there as well but what the hell, the man is back in green at least until January!!!!!!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I thought he was off, well done DA and the board seems like the best signing of the summer.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Steve Evans":2163o69p said:
could all the miseries who constantly post about argyles lack of ambition(you know who you are) step forward please. :lol:

They should all be subjected to a three day workshop with GA1984 to help them channel their positive vibes!

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
The biggest thing for me is that he would of had bigger and better contacts put on the table. Clubs closer to his home, closer to his family, clubs that could offer him.the additional benefits that we cant.

But he has chosen to stay here.

Im sure that there will be an interview soon but I fully expect Derek Adams to be an absolutely massive reason behind him staying.

Well played Derek, roll on the season.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
I thought he would sign up until yesterday at which point I thought he was gone. Amazing news, credit to all concerned and that's the GA too!

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
StaddyGreen":236lh6e5 said:
The biggest thing for me is that he would have had bigger and better contacts put on the table. Clubs closer to his home, closer to his family, clubs that could offer him.the additional benefits that we cant.

But he has chosen to stay here.

Im sure that there will be an interview soon but I fully expect Derek Adams to be an absolutely massive reason behind him staying.

Well played Derek, roll on the season.

Maybe they spent a few nights out in Glasgow, DA got some photos of him in Truffles so has used them as blackmail.

There is no evidence to support this comment!!