Garita | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Garita

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Green_Flash":2mplj89j said:
We are probably a better team than Bristol City right now - they probably need him more than us.

They have Tammy Abraham and Matty Taylor. I think they'll be alright :funny:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Think he'll seriously struggle to get any game time with Taylor, Spencer, Blissett and Brunt (when back) all competing for a spot, all of whom are better options in my eyes.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Garita hasn't been at his best since returning from injury but he was still good enough to cause problems for the Liverpool defence at Anfield.

I wouldn't write him off, we'll need him at some point during the run in.

Mar 23, 2008
Think he's a great impact sub off the bench to add some pace, power and unpredictability.

Aug 5, 2016
"Think he's a great impact sub off the bench to add some pace, power and unpredictability."

Absolutely.

It irritates me how Arnie has developed this reputation as a shocking player, that is slowly becoming a majority opinion.

His introduction changed the game v Newport. He was a thorn in Liverpool's side in both games, and was a good bet to score if it wasn't for an outstanding last ditch tackle.

He showed what he could do when he is fit and firing, and that was in his first few games. After destroying Exeter he had a bad injury, to the extent he hasn't played another game for us without heavy strapping.

I think he has been playing in pain, and doing an alright job of it. There's a good player to be found in there, and if Bristol City release him I hope we are interested.

I'd wait to see a bit more of Blissett first, and to see if Spencer gets back to full fitness before trying to send Arnie back. An injury to Taylor and Arnie might be the man we need - plus we don't have a forward who can make such powerful runs on the wing as Arnie does, so he's always worth having on the bench if we want to target a scrawny side back.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
My main concern, after watching him several times, is that his heading ability and coordination seems very poor. Even if he heads the ball it just hits his head and he cannot direct it. He is robust, has a bit of pace and can unsettle League 2 defenders and maybe his weaknesses can be worked on and improved.

I doubt that he will get many more opportunities this season. I suspect that, when his loan spell was extended, there was no certainty about other signings.

G

greengiant1886

Problem with Garita is that whilst he offers something from the bench, he simply does not suit the way that we play. Not to say that he is a bad player, but he does not work anywhere near as hard as Taylor or Spencer, which is what we need in that role.

It is one of Argyle's most thankless positions being up front this season; although probably the most critical to how we play. We should keep him on so that when we are chasing games he can come on and offer a bit of pace and power.

Jan 27, 2012
Garita has the potential to be a very good player at this level. He is young and inexperienced but offers something a bit different. I would like to see him sign permanently and develop under Adams.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":a3hff0t4 said:
Garita hasn't been at his best since returning from injury but he was still good enough to cause problems for the Liverpool defence at Anfield.

So with Spencer, Jervis and Slew on the bench, Brunty still to come back, Blissett out of the squad, how on earth will a young raw lad who is clueless in front of goal, be needed?

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1a8u6mmg said:
PL2 3DQ":1a8u6mmg said:
Garita hasn't been at his best since returning from injury but he was still good enough to cause problems for the Liverpool defence at Anfield. :funny:

So with Spencer, Jervis and Slew on the bench, Brunty still to come back, Blissett out of the squad, how on earth will a young raw lad who is clueless in front of goal, be needed?

Club

May 1, 2011
Knibbsworth":19j3s81x said:
"Think he's a great impact sub off the bench to add some pace, power and unpredictability."

Absolutely.

It irritates me how Arnie has developed this reputation as a shocking player, that is slowly becoming a majority opinion.

His introduction changed the game v Newport. He was a thorn in Liverpool's side in both games, and was a good bet to score if it wasn't for an outstanding last ditch tackle.

He showed what he could do when he is fit and firing, and that was in his first few games. After destroying Exeter he had a bad injury, to the extent he hasn't played another game for us without heavy strapping.

I think he has been playing in pain, and doing an alright job of it. There's a good player to be found in there, and if Bristol City release him I hope we are interested.

I'd wait to see a bit more of Blissett first, and to see if Spencer gets back to full fitness before trying to send Arnie back. An injury to Taylor and Arnie might be the man we need - plus we don't have a forward who can make such powerful runs on the wing as Arnie does, so he's always worth having on the bench if we want to target a scrawny side back.

If he hadn't had 1 good half against a shockingly poor Exeter then no one would rate him. It's become the norm to not rate him because quite frankly he's a liability and it seems the manager sees it this way as well as he is well down the pecking order now.

Mar 14, 2009
I remember how Spencer first struggled. That he was having trouble holding the ball up. Garita came in and people noticed a difference. Then he got injured. Spencer improved.

It was Garita who came off the bench against Newport and his impact won us the game. He offers something different.