FA Youth Cup Argyle 3 - 2 AFC Wimbledon full time | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Youth Cup Argyle 3 - 2 AFC Wimbledon full time

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Excellent result by the youngsters,well done to them all.
Highlight for the team to play Man. City.
Just give it their best shot who knows any things possible. :thumbs:

Apr 13, 2017
Martyn":12bte8l9 said:
GreenObserver":12bte8l9 said:
Really good game, great finish. Everyone around us (and me) though Lolos was terrible. Looked leggy and was weak. But then he scores the winning goal and it doesn’t matter what he looked like for 92 minutes. He did his job!

How can you and people near you, say he was terrible.

Thought he was a standout player, great skill on the ball, with great pace, slightly raw at times, but great potential

My point was that it doesn’t matter what me or anyone else thought of him. He could have sat in his arse for the Center circle the whole game. If you’re a striker and you score the winning goal, you’ve done your job. Doesn’t matter what else you do or don’t do. That’s what you’ll be judged on.

Dec 29, 2011
Well done Argyle.Remember seeing Man City at Argyle in a youth cup quarter final I believe a few years ago.Daniel Sturridge was definitely playing for City

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Night Riveria":1gh8zpbj said:
Well done Argyle.Remember seeing Man City at Argyle in a youth cup quarter final I believe a few years ago.Daniel Sturridge was definitely playing for City

It was in 2010, current England international Kieran Trippier also played for Man City ......

match report

Aug 5, 2016
The Night Riveria":1157p7kf said:

I was at that one, seem to remember them winning 4-3 with Sturridge hitting a hat trick?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":12rbwxo5 said:
The Night Riveria":12rbwxo5 said:

It was in 2010, current England international Kieran Trippier also played for Man City ......

match report

Mention of Emile Mpenza at the end there. Seems quite incredible now that we managed to pick up a Manchester City first team attacker and Belgian international upon his release.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Derek, Craig and Wotts were all jumping up at the end of the match as well as the rest of us what a terrific evening's entertainment, well done lads bring on the Man City and a few thousand fans inside the Theatre of Greens.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The funds being raised by the Big Green Lottery are clearly being used to good effect. We keep reading on here how much better the Academy set up at Exeter is but it is interesting that none of the Pasoti posters who are so impressed with the Exeter Academy have been on here to congratulate our ‘inferior’ group of players and their coaches.

Jul 14, 2008
Reading all these posts it great how we all see the game differently. I personally thought that lolos had a really good match with very good movement and a superb first touch and I also felt we were well on top long before Rio garside came on. As for the game in my view it was a great watch, a real tough encounter played in a brilliant spirit. The will to win from both teams was evident right from the start. As for my stand out players I felt sangster was decent again but the main stars for me were Ryan Law and Luke Jephcott. Unfortunately the main stand out player was there number 7 called Tyler Burey he should have a good career ahead of him.

Jun 22, 2015
MarkMatthews":3omelv9l said:
I must admit, I had my reservations about the Greek lad. That said, whilst his performance was good in the current context(he is never going to be as good as Fletch or Batts in that role) after his well taken goal and his antics after, welcome aboard, your one if us now! Absolutely loved that, taking shirt off, hugging the ref whilst he was booking him etc!

Matt Ward has been mentioned and really deserves to be. I'm not saying Cameron Sangster is talked about too much, but to be fair Matt Ward should be talked about just as much and he proved why again tonight.

One name who hasn't been mentioned yet, who I think should be is, Rio Garside. The game was turned on its head when he came on, great ball into the box which would lead to the winner, so full of energy and spark. Don't forget it was him which changed the last game in the FA youth cup as well. This lad deserves a start for my money against City. He is for me, our most promising first year!

Great to see Tom Purrington doing the biz again. It is hard from the Granstand to tell but I'm still not sure, Hodges is the right man to be captain. I like Harry but he seems very quite and unconfident to challenge the officials when need be. Not judging by that game but from having seen them all at pitch level I am amazed Elliott Crawford isn't captain out of all the apprentices. I think that role would excel him as a player and as a person. I don't think Harry will develop any further with it and if anything will only burden him. ( just my opinion and just an aside)

Buzzing the boys proved me wrong about a lack of goals though, all the very best against City, this is a massive competition for them, so go out enjoy it and just do your best!

Totally agree with the Rio Garside quotes Mark. Was excellent in the little time given. Looks a technically good footballer.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Prices will be £5 for adults, £3 for concessions and £1 for under 18’s. Both the grandstand and Lyndhurst will be open