FA Youth Cup Argyle 3 - 2 AFC Wimbledon full time | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Youth Cup Argyle 3 - 2 AFC Wimbledon full time

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What a fantastic game, first half was theirs, no 7,8 and 11 ran the show.

Second half was ours, and although AFC were dangerous at times, I thought we bossed it.

Lovely touch when the ref handed Lolos his shirt back and then a yellow card, Lolly reciprocated with a big hug. Just how football should be.

To say the lads were chuffed would be an understatement.

MrHz5OG.jpg

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Great to be there to witness Argyle's youngsters play some great football and a never say die attitude. Well done.

Apr 13, 2017
Really good game, great finish. Everyone around us (and me) though Lolos was terrible. Looked leggy and was weak. But then he scores the winning goal and it doesn’t matter what he looked like for 92 minutes. He did his job!

Sep 25, 2010
GreenObserver":18q0wemy said:
Really good game, great finish. Everyone around us (and me) though Lolos was terrible. Looked leggy and was weak. But then he scores the winning goal and it doesn’t matter what he looked like for 92 minutes. He did his job!

How can you and people near you, say he was terrible.

Thought he was a standout player, great skill on the ball, with great pace, slightly raw at times, but great potential

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree, had a really good game and carried on from when he came on from the last game.

PLUS imagine if you were a seventeen year old kid and you read this on a FANS webpage????

Give it a thought eh?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
brilliant,sporting and very entertaining match against two well matched sides.their number 7 was their best player and he opened the scoring with a speculative shot which must have deceived the 'keeper.both sides played some great football with argyle being the more fluent,an equaliser,well struck and then an 81st minute well taken goal by the wimbledon sub,a very nippy little player and then onto the final eight minutes.a superb corner and equally fine finish from tom purrington and then a finish that reminded me of tommy tynan.what scenes at the end of this excellent match.well done to all.my joint men of the match were ryan law,harry downing,luke jephcott and klaidi lolos. :clap:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We shouldn't forget, the Captain? Harry Hodges!! all is right with the world when there's a Hodges in our line up. :scarf:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i wonder if argyle can promote the next round any better.maybe have the first team to turn up and be ready for plenty of selfies pre-match inside the ground of course.these young lads deserve a decent crowd against a formidable club.great atmosphere there tonight.

Feb 28, 2016
I must admit, I had my reservations about the Greek lad. That said, whilst his performance was good in the current context(he is never going to be as good as Fletch or Batts in that role) after his well taken goal and his antics after, welcome aboard, your one if us now! Absolutely loved that, taking shirt off, hugging the ref whilst he was booking him etc!

Matt Ward has been mentioned and really deserves to be. I'm not saying Cameron Sangster is talked about too much, but to be fair Matt Ward should be talked about just as much and he proved why again tonight.

One name who hasn't been mentioned yet, who I think should be is, Rio Garside. The game was turned on its head when he came on, great ball into the box which would lead to the winner, so full of energy and spark. Don't forget it was him which changed the last game in the FA youth cup as well. This lad deserves a start for my money against City. He is for me, our most promising first year!

Great to see Tom Purrington doing the biz again. It is hard from the Granstand to tell but I'm still not sure, Hodges is the right man to be captain. I like Harry but he seems very quite and unconfident to challenge the officials when need be. Not judging by that game but from having seen them all at pitch level I am amazed Elliott Crawford isn't captain out of all the apprentices. I think that role would excel him as a player and as a person. I don't think Harry will develop any further with it and if anything will only burden him. ( just my opinion and just an aside)

Buzzing the boys proved me wrong about a lack of goals though, all the very best against City, this is a massive competition for them, so go out enjoy it and just do your best!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Herald said Ruben Lameiras and Toumani Diagouraga were in the stand watching

Feb 28, 2016
Ottawa Green":2mw1zwus said:

As were Dannis Salmon, Dan Rooney, Aaron Taylor and Sam Ryan, those are just the ones I saw. I fail to see the herald's point! You always see players, past and present at these FA youth Cup games!

Aug 5, 2016
MarkMatthews":39fcjuha said:
Ottawa Green":39fcjuha said:

As were Dannis Salmon, Dan Rooney, Aaron Taylor and Sam Ryan, those are just the ones I saw. I fail to see the herald's point! You always see players, past and present at these FA youth Cup games!

Good to see some of the Argyle's current first team showing an interest in the next generation.