End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Leon Horn":17aq1le7 said:
As I announced earlier, PCC have now confirmed an open top parade from 6pm on 8 May.

That's an awkward time.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Leon Horn":lhy7qya8 said:
Suppose it needed to be done before players left on holiday and 6pm is when majority of people have finished work.

I'm sure previous parade's were done on a Sunday afternoon. I can't see too many people making an effort at 6pm on a Monday.

J

JamieY

PL2 3DQ":2a7ntvwl said:
Leon Horn":2a7ntvwl said:
Suppose it needed to be done before players left on holiday and 6pm is when majority of people have finished work.

I'm sure previous parade's were done on a Sunday afternoon. I can't see too many people making an effort at 6pm on a Monday.

I'm sure those who want to be there will make the effort...

Players Holiday & Grimsby huge factors in this.

Mar 23, 2008
Awful time, sure plenty like me would struggle to get there due to work commitments and was hoping to take my son but too late for him so a double whammy. Anticipated it being a weekend event.

Z

ZZZZMarker12

I doubt many from the north of the city will make 6.30pm due to all the roadworks. Terrible day and time to hold this.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Rush hour across the city through the usual roadworks will be difficult for many but if we win the title a lot of fans will be there.

Late Sunday afternoon, which allows the players to rest after the overnight journey from Grimsby, would have been the best option.
It could be a big flop and the players don't deserve that.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
This could be a massive PR own goal if no one turns up... The time is awkward and i don't think finishing second in the fourth tier has captured the imagination of people in the city who aren't Argyle fans.

Was it Mansfield who were roundly ridiculed on social media for their barely attended open top bus parade?

May 16, 2016
Biggs":kwnhf7hj said:
This could be a massive PR own goal if no one turns up... The time is awkward and i don't think finishing second in the fourth tier has captured the imagination of people in the city who aren't Argyle fans.

Was it Mansfield who were roundly ridiculed on social media for their barely attended open top bus parade?

I often wonder if the players themselves are keen on the idea. The real promotion celebrations were held on the pitch and in the players own time on Monday.

I'd think that apart from any injury treatments they may require, most would be concerning themselves with getting the suitcases from the loft and a new pair of Matalan Speedos.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Agree it seems a bit ott / premature if we end up not winning title but I wonder if this will give the lads a little extra 1 per cent through the last three games, the lure of a reception just for finishing second may not be top of their wishlist so perhaps they'll be extra driven to do it in style!

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Well no one that works in the Derriford area of Plymouth will be there that's for sure!