Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Just goes to show the difference an experienced player can make to those around him. He is calm and organises the midfield which will really help those around him.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Glynn":25sbf1yu said:
Just goes to show the difference an experienced player can make to those around him. He is calm and organises the midfield which will really help those around him.

Exactly. For me it was noticeable how he covers the ground so well.

Mar 23, 2008
Very reminiscent of Lilian Nalis in many respects including his style, nationality and circumstances he signed in and subsequent impact.

Jun 8, 2015
Brighton
Was reading 'erald article about him on train up, saying he was gonna bring an air of calmness to the team. Then found it interesting that after we scored he was the only player giving the 'calm down calm down' gesture to not only his team mates, but as fans... Many of whom, inc me we're going nuts celebrating in his face. Good man. A real player.

Aug 22, 2006
This guy is absolute quality. No coincidence that since his arrival Carey has scored 2, and set up 1. Just 1 striker and a defensive midfielder (as a replacement for fox or diagouraga) required.

Mar 14, 2009
Without a doubt he has given us something extra in midfield. His performances have been very influential and given the squad that shot in the arm of confidence it required.

What we now need is some firepower because despite our recent improvement we can't keep relying on Carey to create or score everything.

I know he is currently injured but l still think Ainsworth can play a major role in the season ahead. I think his pace and trickery could really add another dimension to us.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Mazza26":qto5f7qx said:
This guy is absolute quality. No coincidence that since his arrival Carey has scored 2, and set up 1. Just 1 striker and a defensive midfielder (as a replacement for fox or diagouraga) required.

I'm of the opinion that the arrival of Toums and Carey's (and the team's) return to form are very much linked.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Bubba":1s1nvrdi said:
Very good solid debut, reminded me of Boateng first time around. I think he will get better and better.

I agree, Bubba. It was clear to see he has that little bit more than other options in the team. He did tire, understandably, as happens when players have been away from competitive football for a while. Tin hat on, now, but I thought similar of Ciftci when he played his first game for us; someone who was putting a shift in (no play on words there), reaching for balls that were just away from him and battling to win the ball. I believe that with Toums and a fit and rejuvenated Ciftci, we may see a further upturn in the team's performance.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I may have missed it but do we have him until Jan or the end of the season? His form won’t have gone un noticed and once 100% fit, a real player at this level.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I would guess that he's on an "Adams standard" contract - end of the season then extension already agreed dependence on both parties being happy. Relegation and he will be gone. Div 1 and we will have him for at least another 12 months.

Aug 15, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":3mxgskvx said:
Without a doubt he has given us something extra in midfield. His performances have been very influential and given the squad that shot in the arm of confidence it required.

What we now need is some firepower because despite our recent improvement we can't keep relying on Carey to create or score everything.

I know he is currently injured but l still think Ainsworth can play a major role in the season ahead. I think his pace and trickery could really add another dimension to us.

But for who? Seems to be a wide right player only and I wouldn't drop Jervis for him. Good impact sub however.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Thanks. Hoping contract is until end of season with option to extend. Great to have some presence in midfield.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I've not been overly impressed with him but cant deny that since dropping Ness and bringing him in the results have been better.
We had no bite in midfield and the big guy has a presence and does the simple things and basics well.
Still think he is not match fit so hopefully he will only get better.