Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Satisfactory start but 'jury's out' until he has played 5 games.

We couldn't expect more as he is not match fit and I would have taken him off before Fletcher who would have been more likely to break clear when Shrewsbury were pressing for the equaliser.

Jul 6, 2009
He was much better than Ness. Hopefully he will get better as he gets fitter but an encouraging debut.

Jan 27, 2012
Always good to have a couple of fatties in midfield. They offer a physical presence which the midfield has sometimes lacked this season.

Aug 5, 2016
Phil Sloggett":3rxp8vpw said:
A quality player who had a great game today. This is the type of player we should have been focused on signing, instead of lots of League Two wingers.

Composed, fit, disciplined, an eye for a pass, strong.

One of the positives from an otherwise disappointing afternoon.

That and the fact we finished with 11 and didn't lose!

So you'd have not signed Grant, Ainsworth or Wylde. We'd have been a bit stuck if we had red cards, suspensions and injuries on the wings then.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Knibbsworth":3pol9prt said:
Phil Sloggett":3pol9prt said:
A quality player who had a great game today. This is the type of player we should have been focused on signing, instead of lots of League Two wingers.

So you'd have not signed Grant, Ainsworth or Wylde. We'd have been a bit stuck if we had red cards, suspensions and injuries on the wings then.

Grant - if there was nobody better
Ainsworth - no
Wylde - a thousand times no

Personally I would have had Jervis on the right and then brought in two wingers. A good L1 winger with the pace Wylde offers but far better end product. I'd then have a cheap youngster as cover, it could even have been Slew who wouldn't have demanded a big wage. Them combined with Carey and Lamieres would have done the job in terms of cover for injuries.

Instead we've ended up with 3 fairly average wingers none of whom look to be cheap options. The money spent on them could have been pooled into getting a more expensive but far better option on the left. That or we spent the money on more important areas like full-back or a striker who can actually play as a lone front man.

Ah well...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wylde is a better player than people give him credit for, he's direct & threatening, it's often not his fault when his crossing is made to look poor, as quite often he looks up to see nobody, or one player at the most in the box. He gave us a real lift at Peterborough away & provided one of our few moments of composure this season with the goal. I'm not saying I'd have him starting every week but he's a good option to have. Sadly he seems to have a bit of a lynch mob on here.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge":th1u6hlp said:
Wylde is a better player than people give him credit for, he's direct & threatening, it's often not his fault when his crossing is made to look poor, as quite often he looks up to see nobody, or one player at the most in the box. He gave us a real lift at Peterborough away & provided one of our few moments of composure this season with the goal. I'm not saying I'd have him starting every week but he's a good option to have. Sadly he seems to have a bit of a lynch mob on here.

I can't argue with any of that Cobi, he has his uses for sure.

The problem is he isn't L1 quality and we knew that before we signed him again. As I say I'd have liked us to go a bit more "small squad - big on quality", someone with Wylde's pace but a better cross on him would have been ideal and not signing lots of average wingers could have funded that.

As it happens Adams has built this team and sadly it is so lacking in urgency we are crying out for Wylde's pace just to get us up the pitch in some games. It's not perfect but it's what we're left with.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd play Wilde, he does give us that pace which we lack in other departments.

He also plays like he really cares.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
When Wylde is on a run then it is the responsibility of the other attacking players to bust a gut and get in penalty area, with two or more defenders on him he really has a small window of opportunity to put the ball over, gives us another dimension. Toumani is definitely a step in the right direction and with matches under his belt will only get better.

Aug 5, 2016
Ollieargyle9":2joqfi2l said:
Knibbsworth":2joqfi2l said:
Phil Sloggett":2joqfi2l said:

Grant - if there was nobody better
Ainsworth - no
Wylde - a thousand times no

Personally I would have had Jervis on the right and then brought in two wingers. A good L1 winger with the pace Wylde offers but far better end product. I'd then have a cheap youngster as cover, it could even have been Slew who wouldn't have demanded a big wage. Them combined with Carey and Lamieres would have done the job in terms of cover for injuries.

Instead we've ended up with 3 fairly average wingers none of whom look to be cheap options. The money spent on them could have been pooled into getting a more expensive but far better option on the left. That or we spent the money on more important areas like full-back or a striker who can actually play as a lone front man.

Ah well...

We have two players per position. If DA could have afforded better calibre I'm sure he would have.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
justanotherfan":zbypc9th said:
When Wylde is on a run then it is the responsibility of the other attacking players to bust a gut and get in penalty area, with two or more defenders on him he really has a small window of opportunity to put the ball over, gives us another dimension. Toumani is definitely a step in the right direction and with matches under his belt will only get better.
I agree. Most of our opponents have one or more midfielders who do exactly that. I was expecting Sarcevic to do that this season but he only seems to get in the penalty area at set pieces.

Diagouraga is not likely to be the answer in this role.

Feb 8, 2005
davie nine":176vmz2w said:
justanotherfan":176vmz2w said:
I agree. Most of our opponents have one or more midfielders who do exactly that. I was expecting Sarcevic to do that this season but he only seems to get in the penalty area at set pieces.

Diagouraga is not likely to be the answer in this role.

I thought Sarcevic would revel in this role as well. He was reported as having scored a few goals before he came to us and I was expecting him to be the one that would get into forward positions and score a few for us.

He has had the opportunity to score in several games now, but failed to put them away. I am quite disappointed with him.

Diagouraga is more of a holding midfielder.

Oct 31, 2015
Surely this man has made a big difference with spine in midfield now looking like a midfield. With this guy Fox and Songo we now look like a much better team in the middle.

We cant call him Dave so what's his nickname.

Well done to the club and DA for bringing him. Undefeated since we have signed him

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
rsp4":3qkg1a0u said:
Surely this man has made a big difference with spine in midfield now looking like a midfield. With this guy Fox and Songo we now look like a much better team in the middle.

We cant call him Dave so what's his nickname.

Well done to the club and DA for bringing him. Undefeated since we have signed him
The players call him Toums.