Derek Adams is fantastic | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams is fantastic

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Unorganised how? I don't think two months before the season starts is that late at all really, especially as the squad was mostly in place already and didn't really need too much tinkering (In the opinion of most at the time). Had he been appointed in preseason, sure that's late in the summer. But early-mid June is not.

May 16, 2016
As I recall, no pre season properly sorted. Sheridan keeping everybody guessing as to what he was actually going to do. June is preseason.

Just the little stuff like that. New manager, new players etc etc.

Other than fishing, I take it your hobbies don't include organising stuff.

Feb 7, 2017
I'm not always a massive fan of the tactics, but I can't say I dislike the results. To be 13 points clear of fourth with 7 games to go? How many fans would have taken that after the first two games? I like how annoyed we seem to make opposition managers. How many times this year have the losing opposition manager claimed to be the better team? The league table doesn't lie.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Guiri Green":34e2uerg said:
As I recall, no pre season properly sorted. Sheridan keeping everybody guessing as to what he was actually going to do. June is preseason.

Just the little stuff like that. New manager, new players etc etc.

Other than fishing, I take it your hobbies don't include organising stuff.
Sheridan left at the end of May, again two months before the next season started. Preseason wasn't sorted properly, but that was down to the board. They wanted the new manager to have a say, when most teams would have had it sorted a long time in advance. June preseason? In one sense maybe, but the players don't come back until the start of July generally. Adams still had plenty of time and just because you don't agree doesn't mean I'm fishing. Grow up.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
And for the record, I do think he did a good job, especially as his timeframe was more limited than other managers, but to say it was "late summer" when it was early June is just dressing it up as something it's not.

May 16, 2016
Arriving late Spring / early Summer / pre -pre season as he did, I agree, he did a great job. Which is the main point of the Docs' post.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Argy1e":3o8st4p7 said:
And for the record, I do think he did a good job, especially as his timeframe was more limited than other managers, but to say it was "late summer" when it was early June is just dressing it up as something it's not.

I wasn't trying to "dress it up" as anything. Why would I want to do that? I just wrote that part of my post based on my memory of what happened, but if the actual date was June 11th then yes, I agree, that's not 'late summer'. My recollection was that when Derek Adams joined the club there was a great deal to do to put a squad in place for the coming season and he certainly didn't have the benefit of knowing the club set-up and the existing players.

Nov 16, 2006
Especially this season, I've read a lot of "if it wasn't for McCormick..." or "good job we had Carey, because we created nothing else" type comments. In my humble opinion, those type of comments are just odd. Sunday was the prime example - Luke saved from Marquis, arguably a better save than if their keeper had saved Sonny's header - when it really counted our players executed better than theirs did - ergo, we deserved to win.

Got to be some credit for the manager there for buying/keeping those players, rather than it being luck. Also, great defending is not luck - it's great defending, which is just as much part of the game as sticking a worldy in the top corner from 30 yards.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Fantastic Job being done by Derek Adams

Just 3 wins away from promotion to League 1

Fully expect the fight for champions going right to the wire of Crewe At Home or even Grimsby Away

Hoping there will be a Derek Adams Promotion diary !

Remember buying Dave Smith , Neil Warnock & Paul Sturrock Promotion Winning Books