Crewe game & tickets (merged x 3) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crewe game & tickets (merged x 3)

Jun 2, 2016
Apart from unexpected income, like cup runs etc., is it still the case Argyle budget on breaking even with an average gate of 8500? After Saturday, we'll be on 9500 for this season. That's pushing £400,000 extra revenue if so.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Patrik":3nujzvej said:
Club tweeted this morning that 12500 tickets have now been sold for Saturday, tonight the Demport is sold out and only a handful of odd single tickets in the Lyndhurst across 3 blocks there is a good possibility it will sell out again for home fans, was wondering when was the last time we sold out back to back league games?

We didn't sell out in our last game. There were 00's in block 19 and some in block 20. 2 x 13000+ gates in a row is good tho

Sep 6, 2006
According to the Argyle publicity this game is 'arguably the most important'. I can't see any argument which makes it more important than the promotion game. Dont insult the fans intelligence Argyle.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Balham_Green":1y850o1x said:
According to the Argyle publicity this game is 'arguably the most important'. I can't see any argument which makes it more important than the promotion game. Dont insult the fans intelligence Argyle.

They aren't going to advertise it as 'a nothing game, not worth turning up guys' are they?
If they did they'd be accused of missing an opportunity to get punters through the gate and potential new ST sales.

They just can't win! :banghead:

tonsk

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
the_corkscrew":fpl0akpo said:
Apart from unexpected income, like cup runs etc., is it still the case Argyle budget on breaking even with an average gate of 8500? After Saturday, we'll be on 9500 for this season. That's pushing £400,000 extra revenue if so.
A 13,000 plus gate will take the season average to 9,650 which at 13 quid average per ticket is close to half a million more than anticipated. One way and another another very welcome boost to the club's coffers.

Sep 6, 2006
tonsk":3vku4ftq said:
Balham_Green":3vku4ftq said:

They aren't going to advertise it as 'a nothing game, not worth turning up guys' are they?
If they did they'd be accused of missing an opportunity to get punters through the gate and potential new ST sales.

They just can't win! :banghead:

tonsk

No need to hurt your head old boy. Ever thought there was a middle ground between 'a nothing game' and 'the most important game of the season'?! That leaves quite a lot of lee way dont you think without being dishonest to the fans?

Jul 29, 2010
I think the fans can work out what sort of game it is for themselves.

The media department need to do their job and if you ranked the 23 home games in terms of importance it would be in the 20's, arguably fighting it out with Newport, Exeter and Pompey.

So in that regard it's fair to hype it up, but only a fool needs to be led by the nose by the media department.

Feb 2, 2007
Good news, really hope it's a cracking, carnival atmosphere as I have a rare match back in the Demport away from the geniality of the family zone!

COYG

Sep 30, 2004
My first visit to HP this season.The old scarf gets a rare outing these days. :scarf:

After Charlie's superb Newport highlights I just had to go and see what all the fuss was about.

Hoping to hear chants of 'we are top of the league' at some stage this afternoon,especially around five to five.