Carey | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Carey is good enough for ROI so good luck to him. Hourihane has thrived at a higher level even though he struggled on occasions at Argyle--this was more to do with the lack of quality around him and I suspect the same applies to Carey.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Let's hope the ground are not too heavy.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Knibbsworth":325pfkou said:
PL2 3DQ":325pfkou said:
By my reckoning Carey's goals and assists, in games where they have affected the result, have won us an incredible 25 points. Without those goals and assists we'd be in 17th place in League Two.

That's assuming whoever would have played in Carey's position contributed 0 goals and 0 assists though. Either that or we'd have fielded 10 players every week without Carey!!

So... Dominic Blizzard then?

Mar 14, 2009
When Argyle score, he is normally involved.

Against Carlisle he was the catalyst. Luton he laid on the assist for Tanner. Against Mansfield he scored and made an assist.

When he doesn't create, I believe Argyle lack a cutting edge. I am not sure why that is. There are other creative type players in the team. Yet no one seems to step up to the mark as much as him.

All those home midweek games he did have poor games. Against Blackpool for example he just wasn't involved. So is it no wonder chances weren't created and shots had because maybe the problem with this team is there is no other person who is regularly able to supply chances to his team mates. Sure there will be the odd moment it happens but on the whole it seems Carey is THAT important at this particular moment.

For me, he is like a whippet. Let him off the leash and chase the ball down. For some reason there are times it looks like he is being restrained in games. Maybe he is tired, I'm not sure. We need him to find a purple patch of form though.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1sdicqs4 said:
PL2 3DQ":1sdicqs4 said:
By my reckoning Carey's goals and assists, in games where they have affected the result, have won us an incredible 25 points. Without those goals and assists we'd be in 17th place in League Two.

That's assuming whoever would have played in Carey's position contributed 0 goals and 0 assists though. Either that or we'd have fielded 10 players every week without Carey!!

Ian's suggestion was that if GC played in all those games without any goals or assists and not someone else playing in his place.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Metal_Green_Mickey":2d5nfmkh said:
When Argyle score, he is normally involved.

Against Carlisle he was the catalyst. Luton he laid on the assist for Tanner. Against Mansfield he scored and made an assist.

When he doesn't create, I believe Argyle lack a cutting edge. I am not sure why that is. There are other creative type players in the team. Yet no one seems to step up to the mark as much as him.

All those home midweek games he did have poor games. Against Blackpool for example he just wasn't involved. So is it no wonder chances weren't created and shots had because maybe the problem with this team is there is no other person who is regularly able to supply chances to his team mates. Sure there will be the odd moment it happens but on the whole it seems Carey is THAT important at this particular moment.

For me, he is like a whippet. Let him off the leash and chase the ball down. For some reason there are times it looks like he is being restrained in games. Maybe he is tired, I'm not sure. We need him to find a purple patch of form though.

My take is similar to the situation Hourihane experienced---a good player in a team of less talented players--and I mean that with the greatest respect to a very good squad. He takes risks and they don't always come off--additionally his team mates don't always read his intentions. I am sure he would thrive at a higher level.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
So if Carey is called up by ROI for their next round of matches he'll miss the Doncaster game!!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Gareth Ainsworth's opinion :-

"Carey is one of the best players in the league and Marcus (Bean) is probably one of the best players in the league at not allowing people a free run."

"They (Bean and Gape) shared that responsibility and I thought they both did very well and kept him quiet on the whole as he has been a real quality player this season."

Aug 5, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":1tkrd8gy said:
Ian's suggestion was that if GC played in all those games without any goals or assists and not someone else playing in his place.

Why would Adams start an attacker for 40 games who misses the team's penalties, skies free kicks, scored no goals and contributed no assists?

Argyle would be 17th perhaps if we replaced Carey with Dorel or McCallum (instead of Sarcevic or Tanner)!

Carey's had a superb season, but I think it is exaggerating the point slightly to hint we'd be 17th without him. Fox has been known to take free kicks, Jervis has blasted in penalties, Sarcevic can hit them from distance.

The attacking midfield options we would have had in Carey's stead would never have been completely unproductive, that's ridiculous.

Also to add Carey has been ever present in this Argyle side. Jervis, Slew, Tanner and Sarcevic have had considerable spells out of the side. To compare stats with stats, it needs to be considered how much more football Carey has played.

Carey is the best player in the division at the top of his form. But we would not be a side like Crawley in 17th without him.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Knibbsworth":3rf8zqd8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3rf8zqd8 said:

Why would Adams start an attacker for 40 games who misses the team's penalties, skies free kicks, scored no goals and contributed no assists?

Argyle would be 17th perhaps if we replaced Carey with Dorel or McCallum (instead of Sarcevic or Tanner)!

Carey's had a superb season, but I think it is exaggerating the point slightly to hint we'd be 17th without him. Fox has been known to take free kicks, Jervis has blasted in penalties, Sarcevic can hit them from distance.

The attacking midfield options we would have had in Carey's stead would never have been completely unproductive, that's ridiculous.

Also to add Carey has been ever present in this Argyle side. Jervis, Slew, Tanner and Sarcevic have had considerable spells out of the side. To compare stats with stats, it needs to be considered how much more football Carey has played.

Carey is the best player in the division at the top of his form. But we would not be a side like Crawley in 17th without him.

No big deal. I just subtracted the 25 points from our total to leave us in 17th place.
My point was that Carey's goals and assists have won 25 points for the team.
Another player playing instead of Carey might have done better, who knows?

Mar 23, 2008
Deacster":s70peutp said:
Think with the extra quality of the new signings, Carey has some readjusting to do. I thought on Tues, with Sarcevic dictating play until his injury and Kennedy on fire, Carey was more on the edge of things and not the main focus of our attacks. Be interesting if having the extra quality around him helps him or hinders him, if he can hit form with him alongside Sarcevic and Kennedy behind Taylor, that's an impressive front four. Add to that the likes of Spencer, JJ, Slew and Tanner off the bench and we look really strong in the final third.
Going back to my original post/point, Carey has come strong again and shown his quality and restored himself as our perennial go to guy.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Another assist for Carey yesterday, meaning his goals and assists have won 29 points this season in games where his contribution has affected the final result and points.

Carey is hitting form at just the right time to push us over the line, since the shambles against Orient he has really stood up to be counted. :clap:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2j6yknh2 said:
Another assist for Carey yesterday, meaning his goals and assists have won 29 points this season in games where his contribution has affected the final result and points.

Carey is hitting form at just the right time to push us over the line, since the shambles against Orient he has really stood up to be counted. :clap:

Still the only player in England to hit double figures for both goals and assists this season (12G, 14A).

C

Cult Of Personality

Last season he went to pot during the run in and we all know what happened. This season he seems to be playing out of his skin again and its the reason we are nearly up .

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hopefully stays with us in L1 :cool: