Brief Synopsis!!! (Shrewsbury) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Shrewsbury)

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Neilz5419":vpq53z6n said:
I would have signed Marty Kennedy far better than anything we’ve signed and seems to be just fine at Portsmouth, the crazy thing is some people on here were saying they wouldn’t have him back, he’s one of the reasons we’re a weaker side currently this year. With our new midfielder, Kennedy, Carey and Taylor fit we would have had a good line up

He didn't do much really he is no better than what we have, in fact I'd rather have Wylde and Grant over Kennedy.

Feb 17, 2017
r4h4al":j3tf9zuz said:
Neilz5419":j3tf9zuz said:
I would have signed Marty Kennedy far better than anything we’ve signed and seems to be just fine at Portsmouth, the crazy thing is some people on here were saying they wouldn’t have him back, he’s one of the reasons we’re a weaker side currently this year. With our new midfielder, Kennedy, Carey and Taylor fit we would have had a good line up

He didn't do much really he is no better than what we have, in fact I'd rather have Wylde and Grant over Kennedy.

Didn’t do much? I personally think he’s one the players that helped us get promoted. He is certainly doing more for Portsmouth at the moment than grant and wylde are doing for us put together, that’s why he’s playing in league one, where as grant didn’t make into a league 2 Exeter side and wylde was a league one hand me down that couldn’t cut it at that level

Apr 29, 2016
esmer":cqyr7ecu said:
There is nothing wrong with Adams' tactics. Virtually all league clubs who don't play with a back three play the same way or similar, either 4231, 4141 or 433 or some other variant. It's easy to simply say play with two up front, we would all like to see that but unfortunately we are only allowed eleven players on the pitch at one time so if we have two strikers we have to sacrifice elsewhere and to be outnumbered in midfield in today's football is suicide, a fact recognised by all managers, not by all fans though.

Agree totally!!

Oct 24, 2010
Tugboat":yadqeczw said:
esmer":yadqeczw said:
There is nothing wrong with Adams' tactics. Virtually all league clubs who don't play with a back three play the same way or similar, either 4231, 4141 or 433 or some other variant. It's easy to simply say play with two up front, we would all like to see that but unfortunately we are only allowed eleven players on the pitch at one time so if we have two strikers we have to sacrifice elsewhere and to be outnumbered in midfield in today's football is suicide, a fact recognised by all managers, not by all fans though.

Just out of interest Es, do you see any flaws in Adams management.

I don’t mean that is derogatory way but you seem very forgiving of him and defend him when others criticise.

Good to read sometimes because it puts another spin on things that maybe some don’t see.
I've got reservations and he is well able to get things wrong as he proved on Saturday but he has a great track record so he is obviously competent. I think it is a case of having faith in the manager, chopping and changing every few games isn't the answer. What if we get in a new man and he loses his first five or six games do we sack him as well. Also I think we are a lot better team than our league position would suggest, things haven't gone our way, and we have proved that we can live with the best in this league (the first 70 minutes on Saturday being a case in point). For me it's a case of keeping faith, keep plugging away and things will turn around. Also, I like the way he is trying to play football this season, we were a bit too direct last season for my taste particularly away from home. This season we are much more a possession team which I like to see.