Brief synopsis (Col Utd) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis (Col Utd)

Aug 5, 2005
Balham_Green":14kloduv said:
Quizmike":14kloduv said:
Balham_Green":14kloduv said:
Knarf Reprah":14kloduv said:
Don't bite ijn.........you're being whooshed .
BG is one of those who gloat when Argo fail

You can say that again! Being frustrated at watching a poor game where we didnt have a meaningful effort on target is hardly gloating.

Do you have any joy at all that we are getting out of this godforsaken league?

It's just that at the moment you are a like the person at a party who spends all their time telling everyone how the last party he went to was so much better than this one, and how can you dance to THIS music, and the food is rubbish and probably from Lidl anyway, and the drinks are HOW MUCH, and pretty much spoiling it for everyone else there who just want to have a nice time

Just saying.

What has that got to do with the quality (or lack ) of performance on Saturday?! That is the case in point. That is what we are discussing. Obviously we are all delighted to get out of this League. Does that mean we cannot critically analyse subsequent performance? Which as you say was 'two honest teams having a scrap on the pitch'. You said it yourself. You can see that in P & D League 4. No need to go all the way to Essex and pay for the pleasure.

1) No, I didn't say it myself. I have no idea to what you are referring there
2) No it isn't obvious we are all delighted. That's why I asked
3) You are slagging off this years team and performances, not just talking about the Colchester match.
4) In general you have been down on the team all season

Sep 6, 2006
Quizmike":3fzgpixh said:
Balham_Green":3fzgpixh said:
Quizmike":3fzgpixh said:
Balham_Green":3fzgpixh said:
Knarf Reprah":3fzgpixh said:

You can say that again! Being frustrated at watching a poor game where we didnt have a meaningful effort on target is hardly gloating.

Do you have any joy at all that we are getting out of this godforsaken league?

It's just that at the moment you are a like the person at a party who spends all their time telling everyone how the last party he went to was so much better than this one, and how can you dance to THIS music, and the food is rubbish and probably from Lidl anyway, and the drinks are HOW MUCH, and pretty much spoiling it for everyone else there who just want to have a nice time

Just saying.

What has that got to do with the quality (or lack ) of performance on Saturday?! That is the case in point. That is what we are discussing. Obviously we are all delighted to get out of this League. Does that mean we cannot critically analyse subsequent performance? Which as you say was 'two honest teams having a scrap on the pitch'. You said it yourself. You can see that in P & D League 4. No need to go all the way to Essex and pay for the pleasure.

1) No, I didn't say it myself. I have no idea to what you are referring there
2) No it isn't obvious we are all delighted. That's why I asked
3) You are slagging off this years team and performances, not just talking about the Colchester match.
4) In general you have been down on the team all season

Sorry 1) was IJN. 2) is stupid. 3) 4) I have been critical of a few of the performances. Is that not allowed? Nob9ody can deny there are have seen some poor ones. Which is frustrating as they have shown they have the ability. There is no questioning their work rate or commitment. But lets not wet our knickers too much about this season's achievements. Its only League 2 for goodness sake. We are better than that as a club.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":2i8tnzow said:
Knarf Reprah":2i8tnzow said:

Don't worry Francis I'm used to it.

Everyone has their own opinions as proved by this thread.

Again, as BG attends so many games, he can make these sort of comments if he wants, I simply don't happen to agree with him, that's all.

I've seen a few crap games this season but I didn't think (by any stretch) that Saturday's was one of them.

Two honest teams having a scrap on the pitch, one way and then another, nothing wrong with that I'd say, not Barcelona I grant you, but I didn't see any fat men waddling around the pitch like I did when we played Newport on Monday.

We all see different things, some of us smile more than others as well. It takes all sorts.

I'm not sure what people expect sometimes, we're a 4th division team after all said and done.

I'm expecting to watch better football next season from my own club and the opposition, am I wrong to do that?

'two honest teams having a scrap on the pitch'. You said it yourself. You can see that in P & D League 4. No need to go all the way to Essex and pay for the 'pleasure'.

Oct 14, 2015
Well I really enjoyed Saturdays game, I was worried we wouldn't turn up and play but we did and we certainly played our part in an entertaining 0-0 draw and the last 20 minutes was end to end stuff with both teams going for it. A view, I might add, shared by many home and away fans I spoke to on the bus journey back to the station with......

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Welwyn Pilgrim":1745sdkc said:
Well I really enjoyed Saturdays game, I was worried we wouldn't turn up and play but we did and we certainly played our part in an entertaining 0-0 draw and the last 20 minutes was end to end stuff with both teams going for it. A view, I might add, shared by many home and away fans I spoke to on the bus journey back to the station with......

'Zackly WP !

Sep 6, 2006
Welwyn Pilgrim":1rnqf2th said:

I suspect the last 20 minutes clouded the judgement of the rest of the game. Not sure how representative your survey of fellow bus passengers was! Doesn't prove much really does it?

Oct 14, 2015
I didn't have time to conduct a full survey with everyone as they left the ground cause I had a train to catch but 8-10 people who I asked agreed whereas no one didn't think otherwise, 10 people out of a crowd of 4-5000 is, I agree, a pretty poor percentage but it's all about opinions I suppose. As for the last 20 minutes closing my judgement, well a regular poster/friend on here who couldn't get to the game text me after about 20-30 minutes and asked how we were doing and I gave him the thumbs up, suggesting we were playing ok. That's just my opinion......I thought we were..

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":y1xwlgac said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":y1xwlgac said:

I suspect the last 20 minutes clouded the judgement of the rest of the game. Not sure how representative your survey of fellow bus passengers was! Doesn't prove much really does it?

......and your weekly ramblings prove what exactly ?
:lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just a routine Brief Synopsis thread - the first 8 pages or so is all chat about the game, BG enters on a Sunday or Monday rubbishing everyone else's opinion on the game and the chat is then all about BG.

Mar 23, 2008
Or the first few pages spoilt by one poster with the proceeding pages spoilt by another. Makes some of these threads tiresome and unreadable.

Sep 6, 2006
Deacster":2s16czfi said:
Or the first few pages spoilt by one poster with the proceeding pages spoilt by another. Makes some of these threads tiresome and unreadable.

By spoilt you mean a poster daring to find fault with the performance? You only want a one sided myopic view of things I suspect. Ever thought of living in North Korea? I believe the mods are also unhappy with any criticism of Argyle(how dare he) but at least they do allow free speech.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":38g9g1of said:
Just a routine Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) thread - the first 8 pages or so is all chat about the game, BG enters on a Sunday or Monday rubbishing everyone else's opinion on the game and the chat is then all about BG.

Your idea of 'rubbishing' is very strange. As per my previous post perhaps you should also go and live in North Korea if you are not happy with debate and differing viewpoints. I forgot that we must always agree with you mustn't we? Yes I came on, on Monday. I do have other things in my life rather than coming on here very day. Is that not allowed either?