Brief synopsis (Col Utd) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis (Col Utd)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":4q3u0tg9 said:
PL2 3DQ":4q3u0tg9 said:
Just a routine Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) thread - the first 8 pages or so is all chat about the game, BG enters on a Sunday or Monday rubbishing everyone else's opinion on the game and the chat is then all about BG.

Your idea of 'rubbishing' is very strange. As per my previous post perhaps you should also go and live in North Korea if you are not happy with debate and differing viewpoints. I forgot that we must always agree with you mustn't we? Yes I came on, on Monday. I do have other things in my life rather than coming on here very day. Is that not allowed either?

Once again - it's not the criticism or differing of opinions that's the problem, it's your aggressive, angry and rude style of posting that grates with me.
And once again you play the victim when your aggressive style of posting is pointed out to you.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Let me jump in hear if I may.

You mention 'freedom of speech' BG, there is no such thing, but people with your 'character' seem to like to quote it.

BUT far more importantly and I have already mentioned him in this thread, we had an awful poster called Tring, he was booted off for trolling but he was also banned because his posts caused almost every thread to be sidetracked as this one is.

You have to realise that all Site Admin are right into keeping this site on the right track, it's a football forum pure and simple.

You are an Argyle fan, no doubt that, you have strong opinions, no problem with that, but your posting style is now (obviously) causing problems causing a problem for some posters. Be careful how you post or else the inevitable WILL happen.

It's not what you say, it's the way you say it on here.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2m6x0n4u said:
Balham_Green":2m6x0n4u said:
PL2 3DQ":2m6x0n4u said:
Just a routine Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) thread - the first 8 pages or so is all chat about the game, BG enters on a Sunday or Monday rubbishing everyone else's opinion on the game and the chat is then all about BG.

Your idea of 'rubbishing' is very strange. As per my previous post perhaps you should also go and live in North Korea if you are not happy with debate and differing viewpoints. I forgot that we must always agree with you mustn't we? Yes I came on, on Monday. I do have other things in my life rather than coming on here very day. Is that not allowed either?

Once again - it's not the criticism or differing of opinions that's the problem, it's your aggressive, angry and rude style of posting that grates with me.
And once again you play the victim when your aggressive style of posting is pointed out to you.

Seems to me you are sensitive soul. Perhaps you can point out an 'aggressive posting' I have made recently to clarify this matter.

Still waiting.... :shh:

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":11illawt said:

You mention 'freedom of speech' BG, there is no such thing, but people with your 'character' seem to like to quote it.

BUT far more importantly and I have already mentioned him in this thread, we had an awful poster called Tring, he was booted off for trolling but he was also banned because his posts caused almost every thread to be sidetracked as this one is.

You have to realise that all Site Admin are right into keeping this site on the right track, it's a football forum pure and simple.

You are an Argyle fan, no doubt that, you have strong opinions, no problem with that, but your posting style is now (obviously) causing problems causing a problem for some posters. Be careful how you post or else the inevitable WILL happen.

IJN its a problem because folk cant handle being disagreed with especially when it comes to not being complimentary to Argyle. As per above post can you point out an 'aggressive' recent post?

Aug 5, 2005
Balham_Green":3m0m8mj6 said:
IJN":3m0m8mj6 said:

IJN its a problem because folk cant handle being disagreed with especially when it comes to not being complimentary to Argyle. As per above post can you point out an 'aggressive' recent post?

Well...you called me stupid for no reason.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
'North Korea', 'can't handle being disagreed with', 'sensitive soul'---there's just this undercurrent of personal criticism towards people in most of your posts. You make some very good points--many of which I agree with--but you always seem to include a verbal kick in the nuts. Why don't you stop doing that?

Sep 6, 2006
Quizmike":2wp9kagq said:
Balham_Green":2wp9kagq said:
IJN":2wp9kagq said:

I didn't actually. I said your point about not celebrating promotion was stupid. But I apologise if I mortally offended you with this comment!

Sep 6, 2006
Old Gunner":c7ml7iiv said:
'North Korea', 'can't handle being disagreed with', 'sensitive soul'---there's just this undercurrent of personal criticism towards people in most of your posts. You make some very good points--many of which I agree with--but you always seem to include a verbal kick in the nuts. Why don't you stop doing that?

:facepalm:I was responding to a post from PL posty calling me 'aggressive, angry and rude' and another post from IJN alluding to 'my character' whatever that means! When asked for examples they haven't come up with ONE! I am still waiting.......
Am I not allowed to respond to such posts in a similar manner? This thread is not about me so I am out of here now but it is interesting how much stick you get for daring to critically analyse Argyle!

Aug 5, 2005
Balham_Green":1ac1zl4x said:
Quizmike":1ac1zl4x said:
Balham_Green":1ac1zl4x said:
IJN":1ac1zl4x said:

I didn't actually. I said your point about not celebrating promotion was stupid. But I apologise if I mortally offended you with this comment!

Calling my comment stupid is calling me stupid, isn't it.

To quote you in THE SAME POST

But lets not wet our knickers too much about this season's achievements. Its only League 2 for goodness sake.

and yet you still call me / my comment stupid.

And you think that the sarcastic "mortally offended" comment is helping?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I suspect the last 20 minutes clouded the judgement of the rest of the game. Not sure how representative your survey of fellow bus passengers was! Doesn't prove much really does it?

WP gave his opinion of the game. Why not just give yours (opposing if you like) without 'undermining' his view?
He didn't say it was representative.
He didn't claim it was a survey.
He didn't say he was trying to prove anything.

I didn't go so I'll :silent: now!! :scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
We all have different views of every game, but why oh why is BG negative ALL the time? It's wearisome, and I reckon attention seeking. Yes it's the fourth division, but we are promoted, solvent and chasing the title.......just what is your problem BG?
We old fellahs have seen good and very very bad, so are enjoying the sunshine.....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knarf Reprah":wjh23yuq said:
We all have different views of every game, but why oh why is BG negative ALL the time? It's wearisome, and I reckon attention seeking. Yes it's the fourth division, but we are promoted, solvent and chasing the title.......just what is your problem BG?
We old fellahs have seen good and very very bad, so are enjoying the sunshine.....

Perhaps it comes of living in the Balham area. I used to catch the train to work from Balham on the Northern Line and I certainly remember being squeezed to death on route. I could not wait to get back to the West Country-- the sunshine area with plenty of fresh clean air. I am sure BG could embrace such a move. Fresh air, fresh mind, fresh thoughts.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":3p9a93s1 said:
Old Gunner":3p9a93s1 said:

:facepalm:I was responding to a post from PL posty calling me 'aggressive, angry and rude' and another post from IJN alluding to 'my character' whatever that means! When asked for examples they haven't come up with ONE! I am still waiting.......
Am I not allowed to respond to such posts in a similar manner? This thread is not about me so I am out of here now but it is interesting how much stick you get for daring to critically analyse Argyle!

It's part of the reason I won't be attending the Crewe game. Feels a bit like anyone who isn't currently wholly and solely overjoyed isn't really a welcome figure, especially on what will be a celebratory day - possibly less welcome in fact than those who only bother for showpiece games and couldn't care either way how Argyle play for 99% of any given season.
After critical posts I have been variously been told that:
I don't support Argyle
I am a sky sports armchair fan (don't actually have sky)
I am a bad supporter
I should go and support someone else
I should't bother going (if I don't enjoy it)

Being promoted is in my opinion satisfactory. The manner we have done it in has left me cold - perhaps the lesson should be to just shut up and take the advice above and curtail any involvement whilst I feel this way about the management of the team - although I always hope my ticket money will help keep the club afloat for the good times and I remain hopeful that performances and tactics become more exciting / expressive next season. I'm accused of never being happy - historically I have been happy with Argyle performances and I have actually offered snippets of credit where I feel it has been due this season. I've tried to offer analytical reasons why I have felt the way I have about the performances. I like to think that the reason I moan is that I want whats best for Argyle and think they could have been much better this season. I feel that the old adage 'would you rather play attractive football and end up 10th' is a little redundant when Doncaster have achieved promotion playing attractive football. I just feel saddened at an opportunity lost, with the players we have, to have gone up in real style - when the shackles were down against Newport we proved what we could do to a team.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
up_the_line":3nb6o862 said:
Balham_Green":3nb6o862 said:
Old Gunner":3nb6o862 said:

It's part of the reason I won't be attending the Crewe game. Feels a bit like anyone who isn't currently wholly and solely overjoyed isn't really a welcome figure, especially on what will be a celebratory day - possibly less welcome in fact than those who only bother for showpiece games and couldn't care either way how Argyle play for 99% of any given season.
After critical posts I have been variously been told that:
I don't support Argyle
I am a sky sports armchair fan (don't actually have sky)
I am a bad supporter
I should go and support someone else
I should't bother going (if I don't enjoy it)

Being promoted is in my opinion satisfactory. The manner we have done it in has left me cold - perhaps the lesson should be to just shut up and take the advice above and curtail any involvement whilst I feel this way about the management of the team - although I always hope my ticket money will help keep the club afloat for the good times and I remain hopeful that performances and tactics become more exciting / expressive next season. I'm accused of never being happy - historically I have been happy with Argyle performances and I have actually offered snippets of credit where I feel it has been due this season. I've tried to offer analytical reasons why I have felt the way I have about the performances. I like to think that the reason I moan is that I want whats best for Argyle and think they could have been much better this season. I feel that the old adage 'would you rather play attractive football and end up 10th' is a little redundant when Doncaster have achieved promotion playing attractive football. I just feel saddened at an opportunity lost, with the players we have, to have gone up in real style - when the shackles were down against Newport we proved what we could do to a team.
Blimey pal, bit deep.
Would you like to submit a 'Butt Hurt' report?