Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think this is the first time that I've ever not been gutted at Argyle losing a supposedly 'competitive' game.

Sep 6, 2006
One of the first shots from the film is the prehistoric looking protocabins BEHIND as ther players come in. looks so shabby. How much would it cost to smarten them up?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Balham_Green":1v0mdhqm said:
One of the first shots from the film is the prehistoric looking protocabins BEHIND as ther players come in. looks so shabby. How much would it cost to smarten them up?

You offering to fund it?

A few days late, I know, but on Saturday I was on the train to Gatwick, sat next to a Charlton fan and his 12 year old son. All very good natured, until the boy said "Charlton fans were singing that your goalkeeper is a murderer".

I did my best and I think his dad agreed with me, but my word, how difficult was it to explain to a 12 year old about the truth of that matter?

He also said that he couldn't wait to see Graham Carey as he'd heard so much about his left foot, and then asked why he'd kicked it so high over the bar. I didn't actually have an answer for that one.

Kids eh?

Aug 15, 2015
Let me just remind a number of posters who thought I was out of touch with the Charlton game, suggesting I wasn't there and that my opinion was 'ludicrous'.

Since then our results have been-

Southend 1 - 1 Argyle (lucky to not be down 3-0 at half time)
Argyle 0 - 4 Scunthorpe
Walsall 2 - 1 Argyle (were not at the races at all)
Argyle 0 - 1 MK Dons

We have scored 0 goals from open play in that process.

The comments to which people implied I wasn't at the game and that my view(s) were ludicrous.

'I thought we were reactive and lacking any tempo in the first half. Picked up in the second half but a lot of work to do. All the defenders look uncomfortable on the ball. Edwards did improve and has a passing range but Sokolik is our most composed ball playing defender. Gary Miller's distribution is awful and is simply not upto this standard.

I want to like Sarcevic but gosh he needs to improve. He simply has to contribute far more than he does or else we need to look at getting someone like Ness in.

Grant looks intelligent and recycles the ball well. Useful player. Blissett is far too nice for such a big lad. Our forwards unlike Charlton's are/were too rigid. Lacking fluidity.

Quite simple - performance devoid of any real energy or tempo initially. Lack of basic competencies and off the ball movement by the midfield. McCormick and Jervis our best players which tells you everything. Big improvement needed quite frankly. Very lucky to win.'

'It really depends how you define performance. That performance was reasonable but lacking in quality. If we continue to set out like that at home, we will get punished. Let's wait and see.'

'That's Charlton's problem. What happens when other teams come here with more potency upfront? If we look to sit deep, soak up pressure and try hit on the break with one man up top, a positionally rigid front three and our inept distribution from the back line - then we will lose more often than not.'

Now a comment from Memory man who takes gold medal -

'Have you considered that if a team comes here with more potency than Charlton, then our defence will step up a gear too? Exiles like me depend on the Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) but you need to be aware that is actually easier to understand what went on when posts like yours are so very different to all (not just most) of the rest.'

Sorry memory man for my honest and fair assessment of Argyle!

Congratulations to Memory man. Honourable mentions for Cobi Budge, Koala Green, Balham_Green and others for suggesting I wasn't there and was ludicrous.

Bit of humble pie time me thinks.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":3lvgff2x said:
Balham_Green":3lvgff2x said:

You offering to fund it?

Only just seen that! What a dumb response.