Brief synopsis Blackburn | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis Blackburn

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Good result and something to build on. Now to go for the 3 points next match.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Bermudian Green":252xy2bf said:
philmeboots":252xy2bf said:
With them all covering every blade of grass on the pitch perhaps they simply had run out of juice. Were you there?

Perhaps, but given our style of play I suspect that was not the answer.

I wasn't physically at Ewood Park, no, but these days we have televisions, which are almost as good.

Yeah, almost - but apparently not good enough to spot Jervis' run into space ?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Frank_Butcher":1u3l8kl5 said:
Bermudian Green":1u3l8kl5 said:
philmeboots":1u3l8kl5 said:
With them all covering every blade of grass on the pitch perhaps they simply had run out of juice. Were you there?

I wasn't physically at Ewood Park, no, but these days we have televisions, which are almost as good.

Yeah but they've only got small screen TV's in Bermuda and Jervis is a big fella. If he runs into space it doesn't take him long to disappear off the edge of a 16" telly!! :furious:

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
The players are clearly playing for Derek now. Not convinced on many things, but things are better.

Trying to reconcile that with no win in 11, the needless negative tactics on Saturday and the fact we should not be struggling in this league.

I am off Derek's back for now, but I am not sure why as a statistician. Does it show that my sub-conscious sees progress or my expectations have defaulted to Torquay level?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I have the intangible feeling that we've turned some sort of corner, but the next two games will tell us for sure.

Toumani arriving and Carey coming into form 'feels' significant.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
The last 2 results have stopped the rot, for now and we must hope, for good.

Just as well as we are still 6 points behind the safety line so have maintained the status quo.

No pressure, but we need wins and preferably sooner rather than later.

Toumani will get better in our team and Carey has regained his composure. The lads, Fletcher and Cooper have shown glimpses of potential.

Onwards and upwards (we hope!)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Biggs":2vv83lea said:
I have the intangible feeling that we've turned some sort of corner, but the next two games will tell us for sure.

Toumani arriving and Carey coming into form 'feels' significant.
Me too – but even for a glass half-full type I do think the next two games are massive & we need at least one win from them. Back-to-back wins will put us right back in the mix. The last two games have been terrific efforts but two points seems scant return – it’s wins we need. Better win-lose than draw-draw. There can no longer be any doubt that the players aren’t up for it, and we’ve shown we can compete with the best but we are playing catch-up now. Wimbledon and Rochdale are very winnable so if we could choose a time for the football Gods to smile on us then please let it be now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I don't think the effort, work rate and commitment from the players has ever been in question, they have just lacked the quality.

It could be that the players and hopefully Adams are slowly coming to terms of what is needed in a higher league.
Carey has rediscovered his form, Songo'o is playing well, the red cards have stopped, we have scored first in the last two games and we are unbeaten in the last two games.

The team have raised its quality to match its work rate and effort.
We just need more quality to convert our chances and for Adams to raise his tactical game.

Apr 5, 2008
Certainly playing better.Lets hope Adams changes his tactics ,and plays a more attacking formation.

I can't see us staying in this league if he continues with his current negative tactics.

It's not working in this league,but I think the players are good enough to keep us up,if he lets the players express themselves more.But it may need a change of manger to realise that,as I can't see him changing anything in how we are set-up.

Apr 29, 2016
Bermudian Green":29y6dkv0 said:
philmeboots":29y6dkv0 said:

I’ve heard about those new fangled things, tv’s, but also heard they only show part of the picture. You don’t see six players running like @@@ to get up with play and then running back to get behind the ball over and over again. At the end they were all absolutely out of it but I’ll remember it was only a point. So will the other 415 Green Army who appreciated the effort that had been put in and appreciated what they did rather than what they didn’t do.

Apr 29, 2016
Stiffler":22wjzst7 said:
Having just seen the highlights what the hell was Bradley doing with their goal, the Bradley of last season would never have let the ball bounce. It just goes to show how a bit of bad form and lost confidence can effect players.

Yeah I reckon he misjudged the ball totally as he went to head it and it landed some way short of him. That was the only mistake that he made though and otherwise he was back to his best. Totally different to the player who was awful at the reserve game with MK Dons.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
This article appeared on another thread here. The article written in 2014 when DA left Ross County. I've picked out the two most relevant paragraphs.

"Last season Ross County did not play good football, and it’s not the players to blame for that. They were instructed to sit further back and to play more direct football. Adams insisted for most of the season to play with a lone striker, and while we couldn’t find a player that could play the role effectively we struggled to score goals and suffered many defeats by a single goal because other sides took their chances better."
"Adams hasn’t played the right style of football, yet again, this year to get the most out of his side – and that is the problem. His new signings have not been outstanding, with only Melvin De Leeuw and Filip Kiss having really made an impression so far. New strikers Liam Boyce and Jake Jervis are showing promise, but I don’t think sticking them up front alone hasn’t helped their efforts. County need a new playing style to get their season up and running."

Sounds eerily familiar.

Apr 29, 2016
Frank_Butcher":1fbzicsg said:
Bermudian Green":1fbzicsg said:
philmeboots":1fbzicsg said:

Aah that must have been out of shot on the tv! :)

Jan 27, 2012
Based purely on the radio commentary and the TV highlights, it sounds like Argyle were lucky to avoid a 6-1 loss.

Having said that, the fella who equalised for Rovers cost £750,000 in the summer. If there was ever a club heading for Administration it's Blackburn Rovers. They are apparently over £100 million in debt but get crowd sizes similar to Argyle. Financial fair play does not seem to apply to them.

If Argyle reached their full potential they would be a bigger club than Blackburn- a bigger catchment area with no local competition. We just need a billionaire to get things going for us.