Brief synopsis Blackburn | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis Blackburn

A good point, but still only a point nonetheless. I still fear that DA's defensive tactics will send us straight down. If out tactics are simply to not concede and hope that Carey scores from 30yards every game then this will be a long season.

There was a break towards the end when Carey was sprinting towards one defender with 3 men chasing him. He lost the ball, won it back, ran a little furthee, got a cross in, and there was no Argyle player anywhere near. Where was the support? Banned from crossing the halfway line?

That said, tonight did have some promising aspects, Cooper and Taylor-Sinclair high amongst them.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Absolutely brilliant result. Well done to all the team, Derek Adams and the green army. Let's hope that we can push on from the bad luck that has followed us at times and get the next win.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Bermudian Green":17g0ltjh said:
There was a break towards the end when Carey was sprinting towards one defender with 3 men chasing him. He lost the ball, won it back, ran a little furthee, got a cross in, and there was no Argyle player anywhere near. Where was the support? Banned from crossing the halfway line?

I remember that. It was just before Jervis went off and he was charging down the right flank and unmarked if Carey could have reached him (which was clearly his intention). Carey himself was unable to lift the cross either far or high enough having run the length of the pitch with ball and won it back as you say.

There was another occasion even later on when Grant broke free in similar style. Confronted by 2 defenders and a he (correctly in my opinion) opted to hold and then play the ball backwards. Someone near me said 'F'ing Adams, F off - try and win the game'. Seems that was his fault too.

E

Electronic

Sounded a great battling performance with everyone committed to the cause. Only a point but psychologically might feel like more to the team. Well done DA and the lads. Great effort by Cooper - can’t have been an easy debut.

Good win for Wimbledon last night but we have to go there looking for all 3 points. If not there, then where?

Mar 23, 2008
Sean":2mmdhpuv said:
PL2 3DQ":2mmdhpuv said:
Sky Sports have made a separate story on that goal line block by Taylor-Sinclair including slow motion footage.

Fantastic block!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... itch-block
Wow that's as good as a goal, well done greens sounds like some really solid defending and players clearly playing for the manager. After two hard fought points we really need a win now. Diagouraga clearly made a big difference, would like to see Church come in to add some quality up top and with Carey back on song we have a real chance.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Delighted to get a point but not reading too much into it as far as being a turning point. The style of play and result on Saturday will be much more revealing in terms of our chances for survival. We know only too well that 'Derek does defence'. What we have yet to see is his ability to get the best from his attacking players. Without that, our chances look bleak. I will feel much more hopeful after a solid win on Saturday. Over to you DA.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Lesley Somerville":38f3wou0 said:
Delighted to get a point but not reading too much into it as far as being a turning point. The style of play and result on Saturday will be much more revealing in terms of our chances for survival. We know only too well that 'Derek does defence'. What we have yet to see is his ability to get the best from his attacking players. Without that, our chances look bleak. I will feel much more hopeful after a solid win on Saturday. Over to you DA.

Spot on. Need to build on the last two games with a win on Saturday.

May 21, 2015
Saw highlights on sky sports news last night. Careys goal was brilliant again, but can't rely on him all the time.
The goalline clearance was terrific, hope that gives ATS the boost he needs to help dismiss the naysayers.
Hoping this is the beginning of us turning a corner. Wimbledon could be a big match.

Oct 20, 2015
What's the story with our keepers? McCormick out until when, Letheren's injury is how serious?

Glad Cooper made a solid debut but I worry we've now run out of backup options. Te Loeke isn't the answer, surely?

Apr 29, 2016
Bermudian Green":klsrt5hb said:
A good point, but still only a point nonetheless. I still fear that DA's defensive tactics will send us straight down. If out tactics are simply to not concede and hope that Carey scores from 30yards every game then this will be a long season.

That said, tonight did have some promising aspects, Cooper and Taylor-Sinclair high amongst them.

With them all covering every blade of grass on the pitch perhaps they simply had run out of juice. Were you there?

philmeboots":1jvrtnuf said:
With them all covering every blade of grass on the pitch perhaps they simply had run out of juice. Were you there?

Perhaps, but given our style of play I suspect that was not the answer.

I wasn't physically at Ewood Park, no, but these days we have televisions, which are almost as good.

Jul 3, 2013
Having just seen the highlights what the hell was Bradley doing with their goal, the Bradley of last season would never have let the ball bounce. It just goes to show how a bit of bad form and lost confidence can effect players.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
And yet Bradley had a stormer and was back to last seasons form according to CE.