Big Sam and the Telegraph | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big Sam and the Telegraph

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lewdownlee":2kb79wpm said:
memory man":2kb79wpm said:
Turnchapel Only":2kb79wpm said:
Lewdownlee":2kb79wpm said:
Sam is no angel but what is it with our press giving engand managers a kicking. Who would want that job now?

Sams fault is poor judgement. The press hound celebs looking for a story. I don't think the vacancy will be unfilled for long.
Entirely his own fault. He was already on £3 million a year, more money than most of us would earn in many lifetimes. Surely it is impossible to spend that amount of salary - why on earth would he want another £400k? Biggest laugh for me was when he called himself a "keynote speaker" - what an ego!

Rule of thumb you live within your means so with having a 3m salary you live the life to go with it, house, car etc. If we were offered extra money on top of our income we would take it as did he.

Yes it is his fault and he was an idiot but dont kid yourself to think it was done for the good of football, it was done for the good of the bank balance of the paper ironically!!!

You can only speak for yourself. I wouldn't take it and nor would many of the 'decent' posters on here. Maybe that makes me a mug? Maybe not.

Entrapment won?

No - greed lost, sleaze lost, lack of integrity lost, dishonesty lost, lies lost.

No, you can't be trapped unless you swallow the bait!! :doh:

Pogleswoody":3a7rgo4a said:
Lewdownlee":3a7rgo4a said:
memory man":3a7rgo4a said:
Turnchapel Only":3a7rgo4a said:
Lewdownlee":3a7rgo4a said:
Sam is no angel but what is it with our press giving engand managers a kicking. Who would want that job now?

Sams fault is poor judgement. The press hound celebs looking for a story. I don't think the vacancy will be unfilled for long.
Entirely his own fault. He was already on £3 million a year, more money than most of us would earn in many lifetimes. Surely it is impossible to spend that amount of salary - why on earth would he want another £400k? Biggest laugh for me was when he called himself a "keynote speaker" - what an ego!

Rule of thumb you live within your means so with having a 3m salary you live the life to go with it, house, car etc. If we were offered extra money on top of our income we would take it as did he.

Yes it is his fault and he was an idiot but dont kid yourself to think it was done for the good of football, it was done for the good of the bank balance of the paper ironically!!!

You can only speak for yourself. I wouldn't take it and nor would many of the 'decent' posters on here. Maybe that makes me a mug? Maybe not.

Entrapment won?

No - greed lost, sleaze lost, lack of integrity lost, dishonesty lost, lies lost.

So you are saying if you were offered a legitimate income opportunity on top of your current job you wouldnt take it?

He was caught fair and square. I have no problem with earning exra money, each to their own but for what he was going to earn it for, that is the issue.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lewdownlee":3bkar3oh said:
Pogleswoody":3bkar3oh said:
memory man":3bkar3oh said:
Turnchapel Only":3bkar3oh said:

Entrapment won?

So you are saying if you were offered a legitimate income opportunity on top of your current job you wouldnt take it?

He was caught fair and square. I have no problem with earning exra money, each to their own but for what he was going to earn it for, that is the issue.

I wouldn't take it 'as did he'. He knew it was 'dodgy'.

Would I take extra money if I could fit in extra work and my employers didn't mind? Yes, but I didn't read your post that way. TBH my career was fairly 'full on' in terms of stress and wanting to do more, I did unpaid overtime for 35 years because I was an 'Officer'. Any Xmas 'gifts' were taken from me etc etc, different world mate!
If I read it wrong then I apologise ............. but he's still a crook!! ;)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I would like to know the Telegraph's motivation for setting him up. At this moment in time they haven't released anything to show that their sting operation was warranted. I do so hope that they do have stuff on Sam. I'd hate to think they would dangle a carrot for him just so they could knock him down.

Someone in the cab said today that he should have gone because of his greed. How stupid is that? Since when has greed been a sackable offence without breaking any laws? If it were, people would be dismissed for putting themselves forward for more than their fair share of overtime.

I'm actually disappointed with the DT. They should have made what evidence they had on Sam available to the FA when they were selecting the England manager seeing as they say they have been investigating for ten months. Of course doing the right thing comes further down the list than getting the best headlines.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
There's a list of 7 names doing the rounds on social media as the next ones to be exposed. I predicted a couple of them but there's also a couple that come as quite a shock.

Edited: Just come across this which was released yesterday:

Civilunrest.co.uk

Dec 4, 2012
Keepitgreen":3d5mll1n said:
There's a list of 7 names doing the rounds on social media as the next ones to be exposed. I predicted a couple of them but there's also a couple that come as quite a shock.

Edited: Just come across this which was released yesterday:

Civilunrest.co.uk

Are you referring to the Aiden Turner story?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008